Andor (Star Wars) on Disney+

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, my friends... The time nears for the next Star Wars installation. Airing 3 episodes on Disney+, 9/21/2022, Andor is a prequel series to the Star Wars Story Rogue One. Planned to run for two 12-episode seasons.

Gotta say, this looks good. At least for the trailer, this looks movie grade which is what I expect from any Star Wars series. (Mando got better, BF was a step back in many ways. Kenobi was the best looking to date, though.)
Time will tell if the quality is there. ;)

Some background:

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
Disney obliterated Lucas and I don't even recognize this schlock. Anything touched by Kathleen Kennedy sucks, I dropped my subscription to Disney.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
So, there will be 24 episodes before the Rogue One saga? One year apar for the two seasons?
That's what I got out of what I read. Sounds like overall, the story spans 4 years. S1 will cover the first year of the story with S2 being broken into three 4-episode blocks each covering another year of the story. I am uncertain how close the end of Andor will be to the events of Rogue One.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
That's what I got out of what I read. Sounds like overall, the story spans 4 years. S1 will cover the first year of the story with S2 being broken into three 4-episode blocks each covering another year of the story. I am uncertain how close the end of Andor will be to the events of Rogue One.
You responded too quickly. :D I read that link afterwards and have it, thanks. Still a long series, 2 years, 24 episodes.
Now wonder if the 9 episodes in season one will take 9 weeks to come out after the first three?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Now wonder if the 9 episodes in season one will take 9 weeks to come out after the first three?
They didn't do that with Kenobi. I don't recall BoBF. I think we will see all twelve episodes over a 10 week span.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
11 days for Andor! :D

New Trailer for Mando, Streaming 2023, too. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
4 days to go.
There is a cool 10 min introduction on Disney+.
Thus far, it’s still looking really good. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Going live in 3 hrs 45 min!

Alas, I won't get to watch until later tomorrow.

Cheers!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe I'm the only one watching? ;)

Was only able to get E1 in last night due to some work that came in. Great vibe they created with the locations, sets and music.
Eager to see 2 and 3 tonight!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok, I Saw the first three episodes. So far - it's meh for me. Some things work, and some don't. I shouldn't be complaining about the slow pace, as I enjoy slow European arcs like the original Bridge (Bron/Broen), but Andor's pace and its double timeline and analogies don't work that well for me.

Still beats the crap of Obi-Wan show

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Was only able to get E1 in last night due to some work that came in. Great vibe they created with the locations, sets and music.
I realized after trying I did cancel Disney+....probably just been distracted since with the fire and stuff.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

Didn't even realize it was available yet..

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This situation calm down, now? ;)
First good air day today in a while, and sunny, too! Even in the somewhat rainy weather we've had the last few days, the smoke was still present, finally a breeze pushed it eastward again. Hope it stays this way for a bit!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw the 1st episode. I can tell that the writing is very good, which is what I expect from Tony Gilroy who wrote the script for most of the Bourne movies, Rogue One. I think I love most of his works - at least all of his works that I’ve seen.

2018 Beirut (written by)
2016 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (screenplay by)
2016 The Great Wall (screenplay)
2012 The Bourne Legacy (screenplay) / (story)
2009Duplicity (written by)
2007Michael Clayton (written by)
2007The Bourne Ultimatum (screen story) / (screenplay)
2004The Bourne Supremacy (screenplay)
2002The Bourne Identity (screenplay)
1998Armageddon (adaptation)
1997The Devil's Advocate (screenplay)
1995Dolores Claiborne

So Andor should be great. :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Finished 2 and 3 last night. Very happy thus far. Now that the majority of the setup is done, I would expect things to pick up a little bit. ;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched E1 last night and it peaked my interest.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I am still completely in love with this.

It's very much on a pace as reading a novel. There is so much detail.
I get that it is slow for some, but if you stop expecting things to happen on a 3-min interval to keep your attention... Sit down to enjoy a narrative...
This is outstanding.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis