American audio industry may suffer a blow..

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
News channels are in trouble. Most people quit watching because its Trumps new reality show and we got sick of all the chaos thats broadcast 24/7. News has to lure people back somehow. Bless their little hearts.
It's all based on what people want to hear or see imho. Look at the mass 'market research' facebook Google and so on provides, whether you use those or not, that is a huge selling point in what the general public is interested in...the media has been changing and adapting well before obama got elected the first time around.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Im not sure what youre saying exactly. But I live in Republican nation and theres always a long line at every star bucks I drive by on the way to work. Personally I think starbucks is over rated. I don't even like coffee tho. I drink one cup a day at home because my wife serves it. I could live without it. But there are worst things to spend money on. The lines at all the fast food places are even longer. Republicans seem to like them 44 oz sodas the gas stations sell too. And some of em really like to eat. The fattest girl in the office orders a big ole breakfast burrito every morning at 10 am when the guy comes around. I guarantee that is not her first breakfast of the day either.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
...it was a joke. As corrected/clarified earlier, I was using it as an example...man the left is cranky...

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
Fox news used to make me laugh...do they still have all the women in hooker heals telling the stories? :)
Angry hookers in heels yelling news stories the little I've seen (usually via comedy shows).
OK, guys. You got me there. I, too, am sick of those "lady" reporters that Fox shoves in our faces. Why, they aren't ladies at all because they don't act like ladies and they certainly don't DRESS like ladies! Sad!

With their provocative decollete dresses emphasizing the fullness of their bosoms, their "oh look-at-me" eye make-up, and their perfumed hair that you could almost smell. And they keep talking at me through those come-hither red lips.

Oh, yes, and aren't they oh-so-smart they way they always show just enough thigh. They cross and uncross their legs repeatedly just to prove they can get away with it! So sickening!

That's why now I ONLY watch MSNBC to get the story behind the story. 'Specially from my fav female reporter. Gee, I wish all the women in news could be like my one go-to truth bae. Ya'll know who I'm talking about.

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
If you are looking to buy audio components, do it now. Do not wait. Prices are going to rise. I just hope this doesn't kill off the Hi-fi audio industry completely for everyone except the rich.

@shadyJ was right!! Prices are going up!! OMG! I was such a fool. I'm so mad at President Trump and his MAGA ways. Now I won't be able to buy the DAC I was praying and saving for!! Got this email today from Audio Advisor:

So I went to the website immediately and saw this:

The Bryston DAC is going to be only $3,495.00 a few more days, and my credit cards are full! :mad::mad: Now what am I going to do? Continue using the same 'ol DAC that is in my American made stuff? HA! Ain't Gonna Happen!!! Is this even America anymore????

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
@Drunkpenguin
Guess I should have used a more general term thank a product like Starbucks. No it's not Starbucks directly, it was an example. it's the general spending habits these days on unnecessary goods. By all means treat yourself, we all deserve to.
I get the generalization of the gun example, my only gripe with it....tax dollars are not buying people guns...
Who mentioned guns?

highfigh

highfigh

OK, guys. You got me there. I, too, am sick of those "lady" reporters that Fox shoves in our faces. Why, they aren't ladies at all because they don't act like ladies and they certainly don't DRESS like ladies! Sad!

With their provocative decollete dresses emphasizing the fullness of their bosoms, their "oh look-at-me" eye make-up, and their perfumed hair that you could almost smell. And they keep talking at me through those come-hither red lips.

Oh, yes, and aren't they oh-so-smart they way they always show just enough thigh. They cross and uncross their legs repeatedly just to prove they can get away with it! So sickening!

That's why now I ONLY watch MSNBC to get the story behind the story. 'Specially from my fav female reporter. Gee, I wish all the women in news could be like my one go-to truth bae. Ya'll know who I'm talking about.

I don't like that guy.

highfigh

highfigh

Im not sure what youre saying exactly. But I live in Republican nation and theres always a long line at every star bucks I drive by on the way to work. Personally I think starbucks is over rated. I don't even like coffee tho. I drink one cup a day at home because my wife serves it. I could live without it. But there are worst things to spend money on. The lines at all the fast food places are even longer. Republicans seem to like them 44 oz sodas the gas stations sell too. And some of em really like to eat. The fattest girl in the office orders a big ole breakfast burrito every morning at 10 am when the guy comes around. I guarantee that is not her first breakfast of the day either.
Ask her if she wants to go restaurant-hopping.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief

@shadyJ was right!! Prices are going up!! OMG! I was such a fool. I'm so mad at President Trump and his MAGA ways. Now I won't be able to buy the DAC I was praying and saving for!! Got this email today from Audio Advisor:

So I went to the website immediately and saw this:

The Bryston DAC is going to be only $3,495.00 a few more days, and my credit cards are full! :mad::mad: Now what am I going to do? Continue using the same 'ol DAC that is in my American made stuff? HA! Ain't Gonna Happen!!! Is this even America anymore????
In all seriousness, how much more is an $800 denon going to cost? I highly doubt these companies will skyrocket prices down to the consumer

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
In all seriousness, how much more is an $800 denon going to cost? I highly doubt these companies will skyrocket prices down to the consumer
All consumer electronics will rise in price. It will hurt the entire industry. Sales will go down industry wide. Businesses will close. A lot of these products are not high margin items. Some are, but some aren't, and so these tariffs will absolutely hurt a lot of people in the industry. You will have less to choose from and everything will cost more. That $800 Denon could easily see a big markup in the next equivalent model. A recession is imminent, and a lot of middle class folks will be priced out of a decent sound system.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
All consumer electronics will rise in price. It will hurt the entire industry. Sales will go down industry wide. Businesses will close. A lot of these products are not high margin items. Some are, but some aren't, and so these tariffs will absolutely hurt a lot of people in the industry. You will have less to choose from and everything will cost more. That $800 Denon could easily see a big markup in the next equivalent model. A recession is imminent, and a lot of middle class folks will be priced out of a decent sound system.
But your grandchildren may be in a better position :).

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
1537896759244.png

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I'm still recovering from my net neutrality wounds.
My real concern is how anyone was able to log on to this "internet" thing before Net Neutrality. Was it even possible in the dark ages of BBHO? Asking for a friend...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
My real concern is how anyone was able to log on to this "internet" thing before Net Neutrality. Was it even possible in the dark ages of BBHO? Asking for a friend...
Bandwidth throttling was getting bad before net neutrality. Netflix had to bribe ISPs to let their own traffic through uninhibited. Streaming before and after net neutrality passed was a night and day change for me personally. I could not stream anything in HD during daytime hours from Netflix or Amazon before net neutrality, but the day it passed, somehow all my video streaming services made huge improvements, despite still having the same internet plan. I could actually watch HD video during the day.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
That $800 Denon could easily see a big markup in the next equivalent model. A recession is imminent, and a lot of middle class folks will be priced out of a decent sound system.
I don't know what the wholesale/retail margins are on consumer electronics, but let's say 30% as a conservative estimate. That would make the imported value (the part subject to the tariff) $800 x 0.7 = $560. Assuming the next model costs the same to manufacture, and assuming the tariff is 25%, that would make the new price ($560 x 1.25) x 1.3 = $910. So let's assume the tariff added $100 to the retail price. So a person on a budget who doesn't have elasticity of $100 would probably just go with a cheaper model.

I'm also not buying the assertion that a recession is imminent.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis