9397SVTs

9397SVTs

Audioholic
I have a 75" Samsung UN75JU7100FXZA. It is 4K UHD and is 5 model years old now. It works and looks great, but am I missing significantly better picture quality?

I am considering an upgrade due to the advancement in picture quality of Blu-Ray and especially 4K Ultra. These have HDR and equivalent variants, while my tv is HD only.

The two different tv's I'm considering are the Samsung Q90R and the LG C9. I will either stay with a 75" or go a bit larger.

While this is mostly subjective and I have to decide if the cost of upgrading is worth it to me, I am looking for any helpful insight, experience, and suggestions.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Both should be a step up in picture quality from what you have. Out of the two options you listed, I'd go with the OLED.

Kal-El21

Kal-El21

Audioholic Intern
IMO OLED is still king. Dolby vision content looks amazing! :)

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I have a 75" Samsung UN75JU7100FXZA. It is 4K UHD and is 5 model years old now. It works and looks great, but am I missing significantly better picture quality?

I am considering an upgrade due to the advancement in picture quality of Blu-Ray and especially 4K Ultra. These have HDR and equivalent variants, while my tv is HD only.

The two different tv's I'm considering are the Samsung Q90R and the LG C9. I will either stay with a 75" or go a bit larger.

While this is mostly subjective and I have to decide if the cost of upgrading is worth it to me, I am looking for any helpful insight, experience, and suggestions.
My personal opinion is keep the old TV as long as it looks good to you. Keep your money in your pocket. I have the Samsung 7100FXZA in a 55" model and its now in my basement as I replaced it with a Q70R. At Sams Club they sell it as Samsung QN65Q7DRAFXZA with a 5 year warranty instead of 1 year. While the new 65" inch has a few more features I'm not sure I needed to upgrade as I am just as happy watching either one.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Don't ask me, don't think 4k was worth changing out my plasmas....yet....maybe when OLEDs are more reasonable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis