Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Musician's Friend has the XLS-1500 for a mere $199.00 with free shipping to the lower 48 states.

How's the fan noise?

slovell

slovell

Junior Audioholic
When I tried to write D1ck Cavett it did the same thing.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
OK, I'll bite. I'm probably going to regret this.
I was still playing with "monkey coffin".
Wouldn't it be cool to be buried in a speaker cabinet!!!

I think Gene plans to get cremated and buried in one of his Status Acoustics Decimo bookshelf cabinets!:D

Last edited:
slovell

slovell

Junior Audioholic
I was still playing with "monkey coffin".
Wouldn't it be cool to be buried in a speaker cabinet!!!

I think Gene plans to get cremated and buried in one of his Status Acoustics bookshelf cabinets!
EEEWWW!!!???

slovell

slovell

Junior Audioholic
Can anyone explain how the Emotiva XPA-7 switches to two channel mode? I've read that it has problems syncing with Marantz prepros, any truth to this?

slovell

slovell

Junior Audioholic
Depends on how much the retrofit is for the Adcom. I owned the GFA 5500 for 3 years. Thought it was average at best for all the hoopla that people made over it.

You can get two Crown XLS 1500's for $398 off of Amazon to your door with Prime.
You know what, for $200 shipped I'm gonna try one of them. You've got me curious. Will my Marantz AV-7005 match up OK with it? I'm going to use it with my Klipsch KLF-20 mains and hear what happens.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
You know what, for $200 shipped I'm gonna try one of them. You've got me curious. Will my Marantz AV-7005 match up OK with it? I'm going to use it with my Klipsch KLF-20 mains and hear what happens.
I don't see how it can go wrong at that kind of money. Now if they could just put that same tiny little amp in a smaller prettier chassis we would be in business! :D

slovell

slovell

Junior Audioholic
I don't see how it can go wrong at that kind of money. Now if they could just put that same tiny little amp in a smaller prettier chassis we would be in business! :D
I don't really care what it looks like, what it sounds like is all that matters to me. $200 is pocket change compared to what most decent amps cost.

slovell

slovell

Junior Audioholic
My Marantz outputs 1.2 volts from the RCA outputs and 2.4 volts from the XLR outputs to the amp. If I'm reading this correctly the Crown XLS-1500 needs 1.4 volts minimum so I'd be better off using the XLR outs from the Marantz to the Crown?
Thanks, Sam

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
My Marantz outputs 1.2 volts from the RCA outputs and 2.4 volts from the XLR outputs to the amp. If I'm reading this correctly the Crown XLS-1500 needs 1.4 volts minimum so I'd be better off using the XLR outs from the Marantz to the Crown?
Thanks, Sam
Let me repeat, you cannot always go by those specs because they don't seem to follow one standard to specify their output voltages. Based on past bench tests, D&M and other AVRs, prepros typically measured much higher than their specified 1.2V. You may find the odd ones that could seem marginal but that's rare.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Thanks, Sam
Use balanced connections (XLR) when ever and where ever possible. It's a better connection.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks, Sam
Even if the Marantz's supposed limit is 1.2v that doesn't mean you won't get most of the useful output from the Crown.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think Harman Crown XLS 1000 ($179) & 1500 ($199) amps are best bang. Will sound every bit as good as Emotiva or Adcom.

slovell

slovell

Junior Audioholic
Ordered it from Amazon Prime this afternoon, should be here Friday. I guess I'll go ahead and get a pair of XLR's from BJC before the weekend. This should be interesting.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ordered it from Amazon Prime this afternoon, should be here Friday. I guess I'll go ahead and get a pair of XLR's from BJC before the weekend. This should be interesting.
Why didn't you just get XLR cables from Amazon while you were ordering the Crown amp? :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis