mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
what exact panel model did you order? :)

even as i was using a tube tv, i've always used component connections :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got the Panasonic TC-P50G10.

My tube TV didn't have any component video inputs. I bought it back in 1994. :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The Commodore 64 monitor has now been calibrated.

I gotta say, it looks MUCH better now. Yeah, still small - but it looks pretty decent. I can tell that I'm all about the total package because it's like it made the system sound better, too.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I got the Panasonic TC-P50G10.

My tube TV didn't have any component video inputs. I bought it back in 1994. :eek:
The crowd around is very persuasive...:D but it looks like you made the right decision. I guess you'll be in for "WOW" factor once you get the new display up and running.

Regards, Bill :)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm scheduled between 3pm and 5pm on Monday, though. I shouldn't have a problem leaving work early to come home for it (crosses fingers). The guy at the delivery company mentioned that they bring it in and set it up..
They knew you really wanted the TV, so they showed up early with the delivery...and no one was home...:eek:
So, they left it in the driveway, hope that's OK?:D

Hi Adam,
Sounds like things are working out for the best.
You weren't rushed setting up your rack and components, and now you have them setting the new screen in place.
That's perfect, with the movers unpacking it, in the unlikely event there is any hidden damage, all involved will see it and time won't be wasted again, waiting for them to pick it up for a return.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
what exact panel model did you order? :)

even as i was using a tube tv, i've always used component connections :)
measured black levels of a minimum luminance level is 0.006fL., according to panny, thats right there with the non elite kuro 8g( panny a tad better) The thx mode is fantastic out of the box:D(with black levels) and with 1080 lines of motion resolution, thats a deal sealer;)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I bet he got it, opened the manual and freaked. He is so good at reading manuals for everyone else and helping them figure out how their new gear works but I bet he panicked when he realized this was his own toy.

majorloser

majorloser

He's just out of practice. If he hung around you or me, he would be a master at ordering and receiving new gear.....you got to hone this skill.
Next time he can just give us the credit card numbers and we'll handle the whole process. :D:rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, a short story for you all. I'm not drunk (yet), so the prevailing emotion on my mind is probably going to come through.

My street was resurfaced today, so there was fresh oil. Wouldn't have been an issue had they arrived on Friday as promised, but it was an issue today. I covered virtually the entire area of flooring from the front door to all around where the TV will go. "Virtually" being the key word. One of the guys was great - the other guy was kind of a douche, as he kept stepping off the covering onto the carpet (still fairly new carpet). I should have answered the door with my shotgun.
That's perfect, with the movers unpacking it, in the unlikely event there is any hidden damage, all involved will see it and time won't be wasted again, waiting for them to pick it up for a return.
Oh, the foreshadowing. They unpacked it, didn't offer to set it on the stand (even though the paper work clearly stated "Premier" delivery), the douche was already outside when I decided to get closer to the screen and see why there was a large grey spot. Oh, it was because the glass wasn't there. A large hole with long cracks leading all the way to the edges of the screen. The whole thing was shattered. How these guys didn't notice it right away (they told me they deliver three to four of them a week) is beyond me. The non-douche was still in my house, looked at it, acknowledged it, called the other guy back in, and packed it back up. He seemed to do everything right given the situation. I already called the shipping company, and they said that they'll contact Amazon (which I will also do).

I should have bought it from Best Buy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis