croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Thank you all for your condolences. This has been frustrating. It was like a perfect storm - new flooring, fresh oil, douchey delivery guy, and a broken TV.

At least the stand looks nice. :D I might just try to get that CRT back out here. The 13" monitor is a bit smaller than I like...
Dang Adam! I feel sick to my stomach man (possibly from all of the peach cobbler I ate j/k)! What a mess to have to deal with...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Okay, I've decided to take Doug's advice and will be asking for an upgrade.

So, here's my question - do I ask for the 54" G10, the 50" V10, or something else?

Thanks for any opinions.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Man, I was kidding about it being F'ed up! I didn't want to actually be ruined! My TV was mail order - hope everything works out for you....

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
Okay, I've decided to take Doug's advice and will be asking for an upgrade.

So, here's my question - do I ask for the 54" G10, the 50" V10, or something else?

Thanks for any opinions.
I would ask for a pioneer elite kuro pro151fd 60" flat panel tv. It would be a good match for your receiver. j/k Just get the best upgrade that you can.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My letter to Amazon. Far more spine than I would normally have, but far less than Doug.

Hi. This is a follow-up to a message that I sent earlier today. I ordered a Panasonic TC-P50G10 50" plasma TV. It was supposed to arrive last Friday, but it was instead delivered today. In addition, the screen was shattered and I refused delivery. The delivery team made me uncomfortable, too. My street was freshly oiled today, so I covered my new floors with sheets and asked the delivery men to stay on the sheets. One of the men was great, but the other one kept stepping on my new carpet with his dirty shoes. That same man also just ripped items out of the TV box if they were taped in, and he didn't seem concerned about either my new floors or my new TV. I don't want him back in my home.

It's not your fault, and I'm not upset at Amazon. I am, however, upset about the situation. I've taken a day and a half off from work already for this (a full day on Friday and then half a day today), and I still don't have a TV. This experience has been very frustrating and disappointing, in part because I don't know if I can get away with taking any more time off from work. It makes me wish that I had purchased it locally when Best Buy had the same price as you, but I didn't because I love your company and have always had good experiences with you.

I would like to request that my TV be delivered by a different shipping company and to have the TV delivered on Saturday for no extra charge. I don't work on Saturdays, and I would really prefer to not have the people who came today back in my home.

Also, I noticed that you have decreased the price of the TV and you are offering a free (about $180 value) Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS15 digital camera with the TC-P50G10 and other models. I would like to be offered one of the following options.

Option 1: I be upgraded to the TC-P54G10 and shipped the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS15 in black for no extra charge.

Option 2: I still receive the TC-P50G10 but be refunded the difference between what I paid (about $1450) and the current price ($1433) and I be shipped the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS15 in black for no extra charge.

I would prefer option 1 based on my loss of work and inconvenience, but I do think that I should at least get option 2 because that is what people would get if they were to order the TC-P50G10 right now.

Thank you very much for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Adam

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sorry to hear about this whole situation Adam. I'm actually quite upset that what was supposed to be a very exciting day for you turned out to be both an upsetting and fruitless day. I know you love Amazon but you never know the true measure of a company until you have QC issues that need to be settled. I hope Amazon comes through for you in a measure greater than you expect.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
that looks like a good letter ... it's pretty safe too. you could have gone more "doug" and it still would be reasonable because price protection i believe is practiced by amazon. (unless the tv was not directly from amazon)

i like the 54 idea. but alas, option 2 is the easy way out for them :D let's hope they want to make you happy!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey Adam,

You okay? :)

I bought my TV locally from Tweeter for the usual reasons. Then Tweeter went under. :rolleyes:
Keep in mind that the local thing requires two people and a truck. When it was time for my sister to get one, I had her do the on-line thing as it was $240 cheaper and they would deliver the display to any room on the first floor. Anymore it's tough to organize two able bodied men and a pick up truck for a half a day of anything from across state lines.

Tell your people at work that they were right in their assessment of you only working when you wanted to work and you will not only need more time for another delivery but you could use an additional day or two to tweak your system. :D

It seems that Rick's expertise with women does not extend itself to knowing the future. "Things are working out for the best" my @ss. Offer the delivery guys beer. ;)

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
It’s amazing how much CRAP can happen when your offline for half a day. I came into this thread this morning expecting to read about happiness, and instead I got angst. I can’t imagine how you feel Adam, and I’m sorry you have to deal with this s*#t.

Your letter looks pretty damn good. It touches all the key points, and portrays you as an understanding and loyal customer, which can go a long way. Hopefully you are fairly compensated for your woes.

bigred7078

bigred7078

Full Audioholic
whoa just read about the screen being cracked....that really sucks man...i hope you can enjoy the new one soon enough!

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
It seems that Rick's expertise with women does not extend itself to knowing the future. "Things are working out for the best" my @ss. ;)
I'm still trying to work out some of the bugs....apparently it's not a fool proof system.:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Amazons delivery service:D
That's every delivery service. They don't care that you know about it either.
I watched my UPS guy drop my Monster power filter toy and act like it was nothing. He just didn't give a sh!t. :eek:

I'm still trying to work out some of the bugs....apparently it's not a fool proof system.:D
Bugs? You've got freakin' Godzilla jammed up in there. :D
Now your credibility as an expert on women is also taking a hit. :p

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Adam, another option to consider is Costco.

Here are the coordinates of the one local to you:
http://www.priceviewer.com/costco_locations/431-Arizona.html

I don't know if there are variations in Costco policy from state to state, but here they extend warranties for free to two years.

What happens when the TV fails during these two years? You bring it in, and trade it for one of equal value (or maybe even upgrade). I am not 100% sure that this is the actual policy, but this is what happens 100% of the time here. I've seen it with my own eyes. Incredible. No need to send it in, wait time, shipping costs, etc. Get a newer, and therefore better, TV.

However, the actual inventory in the store is usually limited (as are most electronics choices), and they will change rather frequently I think.

You can order directly from their website. The 58" 800u is $2000 with shipping included, and yep, that free warranty. I don't know if they handle on-line warranty any differently.

Ok, yeah, you'll need a membership. But if you have any family or friends that are a member, maybe you can convince them to accompany you, or help facilitate the on-line purchase.

The 58" gives you 35% more display size than a 50". The cost differential between this and the display you bought, if I got the right number, is 40%. So yes there is a slight diminishing return there, but remember that 2 yr warranty, and then consider that the larger sizes usually have much greater price points, for whatever reason, be it economies of scale, luxury item, or whatever. Just a month ago I thought 2.5k was a great deal, but now at 2k, I think this is the best deal going for anyone who sits more than 6ft away from their TV. JMO.

**When people ask me for my "expertise" in buying a new TV, my advice is always the same: "Get the best plasma you can at Costco".

I have a close friend who has worked at Panasonic for over a decade. I actually know his employee login and password for their pricing!! He asked ME, yes a Pana employee, in helping to shop for a BR tv. The difference in price at Costco was less than $10 more than his employee pricing, and I definitely told him to get it at Costco, even as an employee of the brand. He completely agreed and has since done so.

This is the rep Costco has where I live.

This comes from an Amazon fan as well, as you know.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Plus you can get a hunk of pizza while they get the box down....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis