3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, the seller has stated the he will not accept a return, that for all he knows it was me that scratched the amp, that UPS only accepts claims within 72 hours, and that his offer to pay for part of the repairs ends on Monday. Giving me a deadline, and the tone of his message, just firms up in my mind that he's trying to rip me off. Time to contact my credit card company. Dang.
Dam... what an ar?ehole.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm paying close attention to this thread as I've never gone thru an internet purchase before like this. I've always avoided them despite being able to get some sweet deals. Did you use paypal or was it strictly done by your credit card?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I used PayPal. I don't know much about them, so I went straight to Discover and asked them.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, your credit card company is a much better route to go than fighting it out with Paypal.
The response from Discover was a recommendation to go through PayPal. Based on your comment, I responded and asked them to pursue it directly. I'll let you know how that goes.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, your credit card company is a much better route to go than fighting it out with Paypal.
The response from Discover was a recommendation to go through PayPal. Based on your comment, I responded and asked them to pursue it directly. I'll let you know how that goes.
:(Hope this doesn't turn into a buck-passing routine between the two.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Discover took care of me when I had situations like this... You will be fine, did they instantly credit you? Normally they will instantly give you your money back and then do an investigation.. Just do what ever they say and you will be fine, Im sure..

Adam, do you realize if you got a nickel for everytime this thread was viewed you would have gotten over $6000.00... Unless you viewed it all them times... {even a penny each is like $1250.00}!!!

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Discover took care of me when I had situations like this... You will be fine, did they instantly credit you? Normally they will instantly give you your money back and then do an investigation.. Just do what ever they say and you will be fine, Im sure..
They did credit me instantly (once they opened the investigation). I plan to upload our written conversations from Audiogon.com - do you think that's a good plan? I've got nothing to hide.

Adam, do you realize if you got a nickel for everytime this thread was viewed...
I'm no where near as good at negotiations as you are, unfortunately. :( I only get two cents per view (and mine don't count). However, once I hit 20k posts, my post rate increased to three cents per post! It adds up after a while. :D

(Yeah, I'm making that all up...)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
They did credit me instantly (once they opened the investigation). I plan to upload our written conversations from Audiogon.com - do you think that's a good plan? I've got nothing to hide.

I'm no where near as good at negotiations as you are, unfortunately. :( I only get two cents per view (and mine don't count). However, once I hit 20k posts, my post rate increased to three cents per post! It adds up after a while. :D

(Yeah, I'm making that all up...)
Did discover give you a case number and fax number, fax them everything you have that points to you being right....

They like to see that stuff... Within a couple days they are going to lock the funds from his paypal account...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Did discover give you a case number and fax number, fax them everything you have that points to you being right....

They like to see that stuff... Within a couple days they are going to lock the funds from his paypal account...
They gave me a place to upload documents (PDF and/or image files). So, I plan to create PDFs from the messages between us. I'd show a picture of the scratch, but I'd have to unpack the amp again - and honestly, it's a small scratch. If they request it, I'll unpack it for the scratch or to make a video of the popping noises.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Btw, part of me first wondered if this guy is just like me and thinks that I'm trying to get out of the sale. However, the combination that (a) he says it must be shipping damage, (b) his reluctance/denial to even attempt to claim shipping damage, and (c) his offer to outright pay for 50% of the cost to fix it up to $200 on his end just set off my alarms. His last message also seemed heavy handed and an attempt to bully me into keeping it - which is not like me.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
The more the better, include links and screen shots from the original listing before he takes it down {if he can}...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I ordered one of these today. Honestly, I don't know why they'd put two round lights on the front of it. Odd. I like that it's thinner and lighter than the one that I have, though. The reason for the purchase is that I noticed a slight buzzing sound coming from mine when I was working around it the past few days. Probably nothing, but better safe than sorry, I think.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I ordered one of these today. Honestly, I don't know why they'd put two round lights on the front of it. Odd. I like that it's thinner and lighter than the one that I have, though. The reason for the purchase is that I noticed a slight buzzing sound coming from mine when I was working around it the past few days. Probably nothing, but better safe than sorry, I think.

Can I have the buzzy one? I've never had one.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Did you try bypassing the old one when troubleshooting the amp? Probably wouldn't make any difference. Just curious.
Cheers, Mac

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Can I have the buzzy one? I've never had one.
Sure - straight up trade for the Rotel. I'll be taking a bath, but well, I like baths.

Did you try bypassing the old one when troubleshooting the amp? Probably wouldn't make any difference. Just curious.
Cheers, Mac
Good question, and I did. I connected the amp to both the power conditioner and to a wall outlet, but it still popped and buzzed.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

That's cute :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That's cute :D

I looked at those today, and I almost got a J25. The added weight, size, and (marginal) cost steered me towards the Panamax. That one that you have (or just have a picture of :p) was a lot more expensive...at least where I was looking.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis