3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't need an amp...I'm just looking around for one that I want. :)
Nothing like "want" to drive "need" ;) :) I hope you find something you like.

I forgot to add.. thats what's driving my quest for a bigger sub.. Hopefully, I can get Billy's sub....which I already nicknamed "the thing"

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The seller is proposing that I keep it and ship it to NHT for repair, and he's willing to split the repair costs 50/50 up to $200. I'm not going for that - I paid for a cosmetically and functionally perfect item, and I received a cosmetically flawed unit that is defective. He says that it happened in shipping and that it's past the time when a claim can be filed.

Thoughts?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I paid for a cosmetically and functionally perfect item, and I received a cosmetically flawed unit that is defective. He says that it happened in shipping and that it's past the time when a claim can be filed.

Thoughts?
Now you know why I hate people.:D
I'd call the credit card company and contest the sale and ship it back.
Good luck to you.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now you know why I hate people.:D
I'd call the credit card company and contest the sale and ship it back.
Good luck to you.
Thanks - but I want to have this come across correctly...he is proposing it, not demanding it. I'm writing my next message which is going to firmly state that it will be returned. He hasn't been a jerk so far. He is clearly trying to not get it back, but he hasn't refused to take it back, yet.

I do find it suspicious that he accepted an offer $350 below his asking price and is now willing to pay up to $200 to have it fixed.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
.... - I paid for a cosmetically and functionally perfect item, and I received a cosmetically flawed unit that is defective. He says that it happened in shipping and that it's past the time when a claim can be filed.
You said it best right there.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks - but I want to have this come across correctly...he is proposing it, not demanding it. I'm writing my next message which is going to firmly state that it will be returned. He hasn't been a jerk so far. He is clearly trying to not get it back, but he hasn't refused to take it back, yet.

I do find it suspicious that he accepted an offer $350 below his asking price and is now willing to pay up to $200 to have it fixed.
I don't like the road this is on. I wish you the best and hope you have less trouble returning this than I am guessing it will.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yup. Ship it back, not living up to advertised specs. If it was damaged in shipping, then let him deal with it. I don't see how this could be past the claim period either.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
The shipper (the account it was shipped under) is responsible for damage claims.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Your next email to him should be...

Thanks for the offer, but I would much rather just return the amp to you, in the exact condition I received it, than have it repaired. I spoke with paypal and my credit card company, and I was advised to return the unit to you and get a refund. They did offer to perform a "charge back" but I assured them we can come to an amicable conclusion without resorting to that... Please let me know what address to return it to, and I will send you and paypal the tracking info as soon as I get it. Thanks for your time, and I am sorry this didn't work out better...
PS if you give me any trouble, I am going to contact my credit provider and get a refund, then send you the amplifier full of dog excrement.

You can leave the PS out if you like, but I think it adds a certain amount of panache...

In all seriousness get ontop of this, dont let it go too long, even when he agrees to take it back, contact paypal and have it returned through there system. This guy new the amp popped and made noise, thats why he was selling it..

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You phrased that much better than I did when I sent my message to him this afternoon.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Get the address and have Alex take a road trip in the Fofo, problem solved, you would probably get more money back than you paid, I don't know what push money Alex requires though :eek:

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
On a serious note I hope you get the issue resolved quickly, good luck.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Adam this makes me sad and angrey that there are dodgy people out there and you've been cond by one I had the same trouble with a car part in the case that it didn't fit I rang my credit card company and explaind to them what happend they assured me my money would be in my account after informing the seller that the money is a court Orderd object that the buyer me at the time was getting my money back

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, the seller has stated the he will not accept a return, that for all he knows it was me that scratched the amp, that UPS only accepts claims within 72 hours, and that his offer to pay for part of the repairs ends on Monday. Giving me a deadline, and the tone of his message, just firms up in my mind that he's trying to rip me off. Time to contact my credit card company. Dang.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Well, the seller has stated the he will not accept a return, that for all he knows it was me that scratched the amp, that UPS only accepts claims within 72 hours, and that his offer to pay for part of the repairs ends on Monday. Giving me a deadline, and the tone of his message, just firms up in my mind that he's trying to rip me off. Time to contact my credit card company. Dang.
A scratch? I'm confused. There's no way a scratch would cause the popping in your speakers. You did mention to him the amp is defective and the scratch is the least of it's problems right?

Adam, you took it in the pooper on this one. It's time to go all "Give me my money back b!tch!!" on him.

Good luck.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
A scratch? I'm confused. There's no way a scratch would cause the popping in your speakers. You did mention to him the amp is defective and the scratch is the least of it's problems right?
Yep - I told him that I could live with the scratch, but not with the defective operation. The scratch is part of the story, though. He sold it as 9/10 on Audiogon - that means no scratches...none. This thing was cosmetically 8/10. He claimed that he took extra care in packing it to prevent any damage during shipping. Hence, either it was scratched before it was packed, or he didn't actually pack it well. I made it clear that the packing looks to be in fine shape and that there was no visible damage to the plastic wrap around the amp.

Adam, you took it in the pooper on this one.
Yeah, like that's not going to get quoted in another thread. :D

That said - agreed.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yep - I told him that I could live with the scratch, but not with the defective operation. The scratch is part of the story, though. He sold it as 9/10 on Audiogon - that means no scratches...none. This thing was cosmetically 8/10. He claimed that he took extra care in packing it to prevent any damage during shipping. Hence, either it was scratched before it was packed, or he didn't actually pack it well. I made it clear that the packing looks to be in fine shape and that there was no visible damage to the plastic wrap around the amp.

Yeah, like that's not going to get quoted in another thread. :D

That said - agreed.
Gee Golly Gosh Batman. Hello seller review, goodbye good rating.

Sorry to hear about that, but as long as you get your money back it's whatever. Now if he refuses shipment when you send it back, does that mean it comes back to you?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now if he refuses shipment when you send it back, does that mean it comes back to you?
I don't know. I'm still waiting to hear back from my credit card company (I just sent them a message this morning), but assuming that they'll back me - from what others here have said, I should just be able to show that I shipped it back. I can't imagine that the guy would refuse the package when he knows that he's not getting the money.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis