Adam Kinzinger (R-IL)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I would suggest that the GOP could have found a better candidate - they just didn't want one. Trump was a reflection of problems within the conservative spectrum, rather than the problem himself.
And now, Paul Ryan wants to jump back into the cesspool. Great. Just freaking great.

The independents want to sit at the adult's table, but they can't stop tripping on their shoelaces.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I would suggest that the GOP could have found a better candidate - they just didn't want one. Trump was a reflection of problems within the conservative spectrum, rather than the problem himself.
trump is the poster child for the current republican platform.. which is racist, nationalistic and basically "your on your own , if i got mine"...christ they are still trying to sell trickle down economics as a cure fore trickle down economics

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Now if my tone is short I apologize greatly. I had one of my military patients have a massive fing seizure and we had no staff and I had to ride out with him to the hospital

Then we had no staff to relieve me. Because guess what. No one wants to fing work will they passing out unemployment like its cotton fing candy.

So I was forced to stay past my shift and was unable to get home and get some stuff completed for my mother's surgery to reverse her diverticulitis operation

So I'm really not in the best of moods right now and for that I do apologize
the cure for "nobody wants to work" is pay people what their value really is rather than the least amount possible...we can be impoverished and *not* work for rich assholes...funny how gop fans never consider that thought...edit : I hope your mom is ok.. sending positive vibes.. :)

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The GOP nominated him- why? Why couldn't they find a better candidate?

The second question can be answered with "Because better candidates don't want that job".
They nominated him because he won primaries. I imagine he was the best candidate because he stuck out the most amongst a field that didn't. He was attractive because he didn't sound like a politician. Said things like empathizing with "the forgotten." Has charisma, but the warning signs were there also with his vulgarity, Mexicans are rapists, grabbing pussy etc comments. I remember a psychologist being on one of the conservative radio shows, probably Michael Medved, and saying viewers were experiencing fatigue/depression with the run up to Trump/Hillary. I associated that with Trump 100% because of his loudness. Hillary wasn't saying anything to generate that. Maybe her policy to some was stressful, but even then a lot of that was generated by Faux. Trump telling his attendees to get violent. Hannity saying no that's the left coming into these events and instigating this. I was like WTF???

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
The GOP nominated him- why? Why couldn't they find a better candidate?

The second question can be answered with "Because better candidates don't want that job".
You have to ask yourself that question.. Cruz and Jeb Bush?... Lol...you tell US....

highfigh

highfigh

the cure for "nobody wants to work" is pay people what their value really is rather than the least amount possible...we can be impoverished and *not* work for rich assholes...funny how gop fans never consider that thought...edit : I hope your mom is ok.. sending positive vibes.. :)
Who gets to decide on the 'value' of someones' work? That's usually an agreed-upon rate set by the industry, at company level or through union negotiations. If politicians become involved, we'll all be screwed. THEY should have to receive the pay WE decide upon, not set their own.

Look at Jeff Bezos and others who are at the top of the money pile- they're paid far more than any supposed 'fair ratio' WRT the rest of the workers. A few make about 20x the pay of the average, but that's just income, not stock options, bonuses, etc. Bezos is paid $1.68M/year, but the value of the stock makes him worth >250Billion. Fast food workers march for $15/hour, but if they didn't like the pay, they shouldn't take the job. If they can't get a better paying job, they need to look for ways to make more, somehow. Just existing doesn't make someone worth more than the job is worth. Someone who sweeps floors isn't in a position to command $20/hour unless their union negotiated it while some skilled trades don't even pay that much.

Here's a job listing at Amazon- $17.50/hr with a $1K signing bonus-

Meanwhile, Bezos just bought this-

highfigh

highfigh

They nominated him because he won primaries. I imagine he was the best candidate because he stuck out the most amongst a field that didn't. He was attractive because he didn't sound like a politician. Said things like empathizing with "the forgotten." Has charisma, but the warning signs were there also with his vulgarity, Mexicans are rapists, grabbing pussy etc comments. I remember a psychologist being on one of the conservative radio shows, probably Michael Medved, and saying viewers were experiencing fatigue/depression with the run up to Trump/Hillary. I associated that with Trump 100% because of his loudness. Hillary wasn't saying anything to generate that. Maybe her policy to some was stressful, but even then a lot of that was generated by Faux. Trump telling his attendees to get violent. Hannity saying no that's the left coming into these events and instigating this. I was like WTF???
So, quantity over quality.

Hillary likes to shout at people. Voters don't like that and some on the Right who might have been on the fence may have had a hard time with her "basket of deplorables" comment. Her rampant political ambition and her dishonesty are two reasons I don't like her.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hillary likes to shout at people. Voters don't like that and some on the Right who might have been on the fence may have had a hard time with her "basket of deplorables" comment.
Really. Who yelled the most and insulted people at every turn? And the deplorable comment turned out to be quite true. Think 1/6.

Her rampant political ambition and her dishonesty are two reasons I don't like her.
Again. tRump lied every minute in office and still thinks he will suddenly be returned to glory.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
So, quantity over quality.

Hillary likes to shout at people. Voters don't like that and some on the Right who might have been on the fence may have had a hard time with her "basket of deplorables" comment. Her rampant political ambition and her dishonesty are two reasons I don't like her.
I'm not sure where you get the idea Hillary SHOUTS anything at a normal level Trump does??? Now if you want to say Trump outcampaigned Hillary that's another thing. She was overconfident IMO. Hillary can have a dry, unlikeable personality, but I've never seen the loud part in her.

highfigh

highfigh

I'm not sure where you get the idea Hillary SHOUTS anything at a normal level Trump does??? Now if you want to say Trump outcampaigned Hillary that's another thing. She was overconfident IMO. Hillary can have a dry, unlikeable personality, but I've never seen the loud part in her.
Keep looking. I'm referring to almost 30 years of being in the national spotlight- she has shouted at plenty of people but you'll need to look for it. It's not hard- check into her comments about the "vast Right-wing conspiracy" when Bill was accused of being a s sexual predator, the Benghazi thing, etc.

When I post something about another who does the same thing, you guys bash me for 'whataboutism'. I won't do that

I really have a hard time listening to Trump- at times, the tone and cadence is like a televangelist and I think those should have a special place in hell.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Really. Who yelled the most and insulted people at every turn? And the deplorable comment turned out to be quite true. Think 1/6.

Again. tRump lied every minute in office and still thinks he will suddenly be returned to glory.
1/6 was a small number of people. Look at the "peaceful protesters" and the billions of dollars of damage they did. While they weren't at the Capitol, they did a lot of damage to the country.

He didn't lie "every minute in office" but his grasp on reality is very weak, at times.

At the beginning of COVID, he wanted to stop travelers coming to the US from China and the Left called him 'racist'. Turns out, he was right. He made comments claiming that COVID came from China and wasn't natural- that wasn't wrong, either.

The guy's a wingnut but he ran on a platform of "I'm not one of the career politicians who have been in Washington for 40+ years and have effed up the country. Pelosi hasn't sponsored a bill since 2008, only three were bi-partisan, the rest in the link were 'All Democrats' and there weren't many.

Biden entered Congress in 1973 and I would bet that he'd like to hide some parts of his voting record. How much of his 45 years in Congress has been considered 'better than average'?

Feinstein is 87 (will turn 88 in June) and has been in Congress since 1992. Not much of her record is more than resolutions commemorating something/someone- nice, but not really geared toward the whole country.

Bernie Sanders has authored very few bi-partisan bills everything in the link shows that every one of his were referred to committee.

Elizabeth Warren said "This crisis demands more than a senator who has good ideas,” said Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), in what was her sharpest rebuke of her ideological co-traveler to date, “but whose 30-year track record shows he consistently calls for things he fails to get done and consistently opposes things he nevertheless fails to stop.”

Congress has too many members who have been in office for 30-40 years, or more. While churning its members like a greedy stockbroker isn't needed, some fresh blood wouldn't be a bad thing. We need to be a bit more moderate and before anyone says it, the Democrats ARE NOT 'moderate', anymore than the GOP is 'moderate'.

I really hope we can grow an independent party, so the people who are stuck in the middle can have someone to pick from.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
1/6 was a small number of people. Look at the "peaceful protesters" and the billions of dollars of damage they did. While they weren't at the Capitol, they did a lot of damage to the country.
The 1/6 crowd look like the top of a pretty large iceberg when you look at all the efforts to overturn the election and impede voting rights. The BLM protestors encompassed the entire iceberg, so they were all visible. Besides, the overwhelming majority were peaceful. 93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful: Report | Time
However one wishes to count the costs of rioting damage, they did not pose a "clear and present danger" to the USA as we know it. The costs of 1/6 and subsequent efforts to diminish the democratic process may be incalculable. The Capitol Rioters Won - The Atlantic
He didn't lie "every minute in office" but his grasp on reality is very weak, at times.
Maybe not "every minute in office", but at over 20 per day, and allowing for some sleep, at least one every hour. Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years - The Washington Post
At the beginning of COVID, he wanted to stop travelers coming to the US from China and the Left called him 'racist'. Turns out, he was right. He made comments claiming that COVID came from China and wasn't natural- that wasn't wrong, either.
Even a broken clock is right twice per day. The jury is still out on whether the virus is "natural", or not. So, he pulled that one out of his butt.
The guy's a wingnut but he ran on a platform of "I'm not one of the career politicians who have been in Washington for 40+ years and have effed up the country. Pelosi hasn't sponsored a bill since 2008, only three were bi-partisan, the rest in the link were 'All Democrats' and there weren't many.
It was absolutely clear long before he took office that he was utterly unsuited for the position. Anyone whose primary reason for giving him their vote was a dislike of WRC has rocks in their head.

highfigh

highfigh

The 1/6 crowd look like the top of a pretty large iceberg when you look at all the efforts to overturn the election and impede voting rights. The BLM protestors encompassed the entire iceberg, so they were all visible. Besides, the overwhelming majority were peaceful. 93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful: Report | Time

However one wishes to count the costs of rioting damage, they did not pose a "clear and present danger" to the USA as we know it. The costs of 1/6 and subsequent efforts to diminish the democratic process may be incalculable. The Capitol Rioters Won - The Atlantic

Even a broken clock is right twice per day. The jury is still out on whether the virus is "natural", or not. So, he pulled that one out of his butt.
I was very surprised that a crowd would actually try to storm the Capitol- those people are clearly unhinged.

I don't know who came up with the 93% stat, but as time passes, they become correct. If someone had taken a shorter period into consideration, I think the number would have been much lower- they're still marching here, but with less intensity.

I want to know what their next move is- they don't seem to want to discuss any solutions, just march. They're also costing Milwaukee and the surrounding area a shyteload of money and with the police departments losing staff/officers, they can only cover the area by overworking the officers, not just letting them work their shifts and go home. The local paper posted the pay for all city employees and most at the top are cops and fire/EMS. One cop made $192K with overtime- that's dangerous and the BLM movement caused it.

I think his clock shows military time.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I was very surprised that a crowd would actually try to storm the Capitol- those people are clearly unhinged.

I don't know who came up with the 93% stat, but as time passes, they become correct. If someone had taken a shorter period into consideration, I think the number would have been much lower- they're still marching here, but with less intensity.

I want to know what their next move is- they don't seem to want to discuss any solutions, just march. They're also costing Milwaukee and the surrounding area a shyteload of money and with the police departments losing staff/officers, they can only cover the area by overworking the officers, not just letting them work their shifts and go home. The local paper posted the pay for all city employees and most at the top are cops and fire/EMS. One cop made $192K with overtime- that's dangerous and the BLM movement caused it.

I think his clock shows military time.
I believe Kinzinger even acknowledge the BLM riots were bad, but they never stormed the capitol either. The DHS cited the alt-right extremists as the largest domestic threat because there are more deaths involved. I believe last year was the first death ever from a BLM protest.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Keep looking. I'm referring to almost 30 years of being in the national spotlight- she has shouted at plenty of people but you'll need to look for it. It's not hard- check into her comments about the "vast Right-wing conspiracy" when Bill was accused of being a s sexual predator, the Benghazi thing, etc.

When I post something about another who does the same thing, you guys bash me for 'whataboutism'. I won't do that

I really have a hard time listening to Trump- at times, the tone and cadence is like a televangelist and I think those should have a special place in hell.
Having a tone that is consistently loud and someone who has shouted here and there over 30 years isn't equivalent. I've tried to meet you halfway by saying maybe those on the right were stressed by the thought of Hillary being president and how her policy would affect us, but to say her tone is anything approaching Trump's cadence as you suggest isn't equal. In other words, the psych on the Medved show was on there to be professionally neutral and discuss recovery. Between the lines it's obvious the conservative show isn't going to highlight the primary reason for their exhaustion is Trump's tone and general pouring fuel on the fire. With Trump it was never about Reagan optimism but negativity. It would seem to me if you have the greatest economy ever you not only would win a second term in a landslide but also have delivered hope and a climate that isn't viewed by others as embarrassing.

During the election period there's Hannity airing a two minute segment of a Hillary speech in which she's coughing the entire. That was Hannity's way of telling you she isn't fit to be president because her health wasn't up to par. Anyone with a pea knew she'd recover because that was her life's goal. I think that was when I decided Hannity was garbage. He had to go that low. During the beginning of covid Hannity wanted Yankee Stadium to remain full capacity. As someone said I imagine he has stock in the team LOL. Then him and O'Reilly regarding covid and the elderly: they're on there way out anyway. Hannity of course was the guy to interview Trump post-capitol riot.

When a voted for Biden it had little to do with policy and everything to do with climate, happiness, and less Advil.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Having a tone that is consistently loud and someone who has shouted here and there over 30 years isn't equivalent. I've tried to meet you halfway by saying maybe those on the right were stressed by the thought of Hillary being president and how her policy would affect us, but to say her tone is anything approaching Trump's cadence as you suggest isn't equal. In other words, the psych on the Medved show was on there to be professionally neutral and discuss recovery. Between the lines it's obvious the conservative show isn't going to highlight the primary reason for their exhaustion is Trump's tone and general pouring fuel on the fire. With Trump it was never about Reagan optimism but negativity. It would seem to me if you have the greatest economy ever you not only would win a second term in a landslide but also have delivered hope and a climate that isn't viewed by others as embarrassing.

During the election period there's Hannity airing a two minute segment of a Hillary speech in which she's coughing the entire. That was Hannity's way of telling you she isn't fit to be president because her health wasn't up to par. Anyone with a pea knew she'd recover because that was her life's goal. I think that was when I decided Hannity was garbage. He had to go that low. During the beginning of covid Hannity wanted Yankee Stadium to remain full capacity. As someone said I imagine he has stock in the team LOL. Then him and O'Reilly regarding covid and the elderly: they're on there way out anyway. Hannity of course was the guy to interview Trump post-capitol riot.

When a voted for Biden it had little to do with policy and everything to do with climate, happiness, and less Advil.
Hannity has always been garbage.. Picking a point when you realized he was dumping it on your head as " news" must have been interesting... Biden isn't the cure for anything substantial... that's on congress , you're right though: he is the cure for the " big stupid is in charge" of trump politics...

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Hannity has always been garbage.. Picking a point when you realized he was dumping it on your head as " news" must have been interesting... Biden isn't the cure for anything substantial... that's on congress , you're right though: he is the cure for the " big stupid is in charge" of trump politics...
My bad. I always thought he was bad. He just set a new bar. Well he does that regularly.....

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
My bad. I always thought he was bad. He just set a new bar. Well he does that regularly.....
Fox is currently on a race to become the the least factual news channel.. They've regained much of their lost ratings..lol.. It reminds me of a friend of mine that insisted to me that fox in general and TC in particular *must* be the most accurate news ... On the basis they had the best ratings...try arguing with that logic...

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Kinzinger is in the news for telling the truth again:

>>>Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) on Sunday dismissed former President Trump's rally in Ohio over the weekend, characterizing it as a gathering of people to support "a loser president."

"It was a rally of a loser president. I mean, he's the first president to lose reelection in decades," Kinzinger said Sunday evening during an appearance on CNN. "I don't know why these people would go there and in essence ogle at and in many cases just sort of worship a loser." . . .

Kinzinger, one of Trump's most vocal critics in the lower chamber, called it "frightening" that many people believe what Trump has been saying about the election and a possible reinstatement.

"They don't take people telling them otherwise," Kinzinger said. "You can take me and [Rep.] Liz Cheney ... and if it's just us, you can demonize us and say we're the aberration and we are right now, but we're telling the truth." . . .

Kinzinger called on fellow Republicans to say Biden was elected legitimately and stop suggesting otherwise, something he called "really, really dangerous."<<<

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis