55” Vizio OLED H1 or Hisense U8G?

A

ahender

Audioholic Intern
From what I have read, the Visio is getting much better with each firmware update. The Hisense gets great reviews. Either will be a nice upgrade from what I have. My TV room is not bright even though it has two window areas. Budget is $1000 max. Any opinions on this? Thanks.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
My opinion is OLED if they are in your budget. I mean OLED just seems to be amazing. I don't own one but that's because I need a 77 inch minimum and were a bit too high when I was shopping for TV's. The 77 inch OLEDs are getting pretty affordable now though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

A

ahender

Audioholic Intern
My opinion is OLED if they are in your budget. I mean OLED just seems to be amazing. I don't own one but that's because I need a 77 inch minimum and were a bit too high when I was shopping for TV's. The 77 inch OLEDs are getting pretty affordable now though.

Thank you. Since I never watch TV in a totally dark room, I wonder if I would be missing out on some of the OLED awesomeness.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Thank you. Since I never watch TV in a totally dark room, I wonder if I would be missing out on some of the OLED awesomeness.
I think it's pretty impossible to miss out on OLED awesomeness.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Well that’s encouraging!
Yeah I'm a big fan even though I don't own one but again that's because I need a 77 inch. Next time I will get one though.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
While I have no doubt that the Vizio has better image quality, you are clearly rolling the dice on firmware and product issues. I have seen people who are actually asked what others have run into because theirs works great, then they say that they have had to unplug it a few times on their own. WTH? I would NEVER buy a TV that has known severe firmware issues that requires me to unplug the TV. I haven't unplugged my dirt cheap TCL Roku TV since the day I plugged it in. Same for my Samsung TV that I've had for a few years now.

If you want phenomenal image quality that OLED delivers, I don't think I could stomach the headache that Vizio appears to have delivered. I would have to go with a LG C1 at the bare minimum, which means upping the budget... which may not be possible. Otherwise, I might stick with the U8G.

As is typical, if you are really stuck with a 55" maximum size, or appropriate size, then the Hisense is cheaper. You could go to 65" and maintain a $1,000 budget while the Vizio is $1,000 and only 55" diagonal.

A

ahender

Audioholic Intern
Thanks. Makes sense to avoid a fairly new product.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I won't be buying an LCD TV again unless it's for something I don't care much about, or want something as cheap as possible. OLED is fantastic and it looks like LCD panel manufacturers aren't trying to much in the way of quality and longevity.

I won't get a Vizio again since mine lasted less than 3 years.

While the Vizio OLED is tempting, I think I'd spring for a few more $$ and get an LG or Sony.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I won't be buying an LCD TV again unless it's for something I don't care much about, or want something as cheap as possible. OLED is fantastic and it looks like LCD panel manufacturers aren't trying to much in the way of quality and longevity.

While the Vizio OLED is tempting, I think I'd spring for a few more $$ and get an LG or Sony.
Yep, LG, Sony's are king! But your right OLED is King, awesome colors, my son's both have Sony OLED colors, Absolutely beautiful picture.

A

ahender

Audioholic Intern

Thanks. Bought the LG C1 after $200 price drop. Will be delivered Tuesday. Also got a Sony X700 at clearance sale price. Very happy!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks. Bought the LG C1 after $200 price drop. Will be delivered Tuesday. Also got a Sony X700 at clearance sale price. Very happy!
You made an excellent choice. The C1 is supposed to be excellent. Man you are in for some treat!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Surprising that Panasonic which released some OLED sets, hasn't been pushing its distribution so far. I wonder if they are having problems with the OLED panels.

I have owned one of their 50" plasmas for 12 years, and it still performs flawlessly. I would think that their new sets would be as reliable as LGs or Sonys if not even more. That company has had a solid reputation.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Surprising that Panasonic which released some OLED sets, hasn't been pushing its distribution so far. I wonder if they are having problems with the OLED panels.

I have owned one of their 50" plasmas for 12 years, and it still performs flawlessly. I would think that their new sets would be as reliable as LGs or Sonys if not even more. That company has had a solid reputation.
Panasonic hasn't sold TVs here for quite a while. Not sure if it's that they can't keep up production or what, but I would also like to see their OLED sets here.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Thank you!
I'm gonna be very interested in what you think of OLED and the C1. I'm really getting the itch to get OLED but I have a 75 inch LED that is only a year old and has an excellent picture and HDR/Dolby Vision. I've can't go get a 77 inch OLED right now.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm gonna be very interested in what you think of OLED and the C1. I'm really getting the itch to get OLED but I have a 75 inch LED that is only a year old and has an excellent picture and HDR/Dolby Vision. I've can't go get a 77 inch OLED right now.

Keep the LED for a while since if you get the OLED, your LED won't look the same.

My bedroom Sony is very nice, but it doesn't hold a candle to the OLED. My plasma gets very close on non-HDR/Dolby vision content, but once you play an HDR movie on the OLED, the difference becomes very apparent. It's pretty cool.

The only down side is now I very much want a projector that has good HDR support. My best display is in the room with the second worst sound system.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Keep the LED for a while since if you get the OLED, your LED won't look the same.

My bedroom Sony is very nice, but it doesn't hold a candle to the OLED. My plasma gets very close on non-HDR/Dolby vision content, but once you play an HDR movie on the OLED, the difference becomes very apparent. It's pretty cool.

The only down side is now I very much want a projector that has good HDR support. My best display is in the room with the second worst sound system.
That's my plan, I can't switch out TV's right now this fast. I also have no reason to spend 3 grand on a 77 inch OLED because I have a very good, very large LED. I also don't want to put it 3 grand right now. I'm gonna keep this for 5 years or so and then see where 77 inch OLED TVs are going for.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That's my plan, I can't switch out TV's right now this fast. I also have no reason to spend 3 grand on a 77 inch OLED because I have a very good, very large LED. I also don't want to put it 3 grand right now. I'm gonna keep this for 5 years or so and then see where 77 inch OLED TVs are going for.

Agreed. I didn't want to switch out TVs, but I'm also not going to watch a TV that is tinted purple. Apparently that's not all that uncommon. It was a new one for me though.

A

ahender

Audioholic Intern

After a few days of viewing, the C1 is awesome. No need for a really dark room to enjoy the benefits of OLED.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis