5 Killer $2k/pair Tower Speakers Compared for 2019

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
They all have their strengths.
I found it particularly useful hearing that one speaker was the best choice for going without a sub or that another might be closer to a grand if you catch it on sale or Matt's explanation of toeing the speakers in enough to have the axis meet further into the room.

You guys deserve to each have your own mic.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I found it particularly useful hearing that one speaker was the best choice for going without a sub or that another might be closer to a grand if you catch it on sale or Matt's explanation of toeing the speakers in enough to have the axis meet further into the room.

You guys deserve to each have your own mic.
One mic was all we could afford between us. Those things are like ten bucks, man!

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Hey maybe when you guys get done running all the test on speakers, have golden mic award for the speakers with the best specs. And a nomination award you know like Oscars. Golden Mic award! :p:D;)

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Is it customary to delete the post of your very first patreon contributor? Seems pretty disrespectful.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
One mic was all we could afford between us. Those things are like ten bucks, man!
Hey, now that we all know EXACTLY what you look like, might as well just use your picture for your Avatar. :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hey, now that we all know EXACTLY what you look like, might as well just use your picture for your Avatar. :D
Oh, I wish that my face was as pixelated as you guys saw in that video. That would be an improvement!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Oh, I wish that my face was as pixelated as you guys saw in that video. That would be an improvement!
Maybe it would be too small to make out, but I think of the pic of your desktop with two nearfield ULS-15's as "definitive ShadyJ" if you are looking for ideas. Maybe you should start a thread "help me find my Avatar"!
But Seriously, as much as you post, it would be good to have a image for quicker recognition than actually having to read:( your user ID!

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
What he look like?. Slim Shady;) I use to look like in my younger days, Big Money Grip, now that I'm much older people say I look like Small Change LeeRoy.:p

Last edited:
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
He kind of reminded me of Tormund, except he didn't bulk out from suckling a giant woman's teat for 3 months.
;)
KEW, how you doing bro? Good I hope, yeah I'm sure you seen TLS Guy's photos of his new home he is building. There's one photo with Doc standing in the snow, he has a long black trench coat a hat on with a cane in his hand. For a minute ole Doc, looks like Doc Holiday in that movie Tombstone.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
KEW, how you doing bro? Good I hope, yeah I'm sure you seen TLS Guy's photos of his new home he is building. There's one photo with Doc standing in the snow, he has a long black trench coat a hat on with a cane in his hand. For a minute ole Doc, looks like Doc Holiday in that movie Tombstone.
Yeah, I saw that and you're right. It's fun when someone you kind of know reminds you of a character. Don't know if you watch game of thrones or not but Tormund was one of my favorite characters! A bit of a perv, but in a good way!:D

Last edited:
J

JStewart

Audioholic Intern
Really liked the video and always appreciate your speaker reviews. You guys did an awesome job pointing out the strengths of each model and their best use case without any bias or favoritism. Kudos to you all.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
What happened to this thread? Its been all over the place, complete with a grump about a deleted post? :)

Glad to get back to speakers!

Hey Team AH: Any chance of you guys getting the new generation of Monitor Audio Gold in for a round? ;) Would love to see that!!!

Also, considering how much they get talked about, especially on that other site, Speakers like Chane and Emotiva would be nice to see benched here.

:D
Best,
R

N

noclue

Audioholic
Nice to see towers reviewed in this price range. But in my humble opinion if there is not a outstanding center to go with them then i have no use for them. I would like to see the best combo for 2-3 k that includes the two towers and a center

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice to see towers reviewed in this price range. But in my humble opinion if there is not a outstanding center to go with them then i have no use for them. I would like to see the best combo for 2-3 k that includes the two towers and a center
I don't know a lot about the others, but SVS have the Ultra and Prime center channels. Both are voiced to match any of their speakers. All of my speakers are from the Ultra line. Very good speakers. The Ultra center uses the same type of woofers as the Pinnacle and Ultra series.

M

MMG001

Audiophyte
Hi klipsch is my favourite and am looking to buy the R-820F 5.1 home theater pack. Like the klipsch towers reviewed here they are 150w so I need an av receiver minimum 120w at 8 ohms. I cannot find one that is not super expensive can you make any suggestions?

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Hi klipsch is my favourite and am looking to buy the R-820F 5.1 home theater pack. Like the klipsch towers reviewed here they are 150w so I need an av receiver minimum 120w at 8 ohms. I cannot find one that is not super expensive can you make any suggestions?
Not at all. Most likely you won’t use more than 10 watts. Get a receiver that is at a good price (sale) that has the features and looks you like, don’t pay attention to wattages and ohms because they usually don’t matter.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis