5 Best Powered Subwoofers Under $500 for 2020

XenoChron

XenoChron

Junior Audioholic
Received my PC-2000 Pro last night and set it up. Wow is this thing big. So far impressed. Will try and dial it in later. I’ve never had what one would consider a good subwoofer so not much to compare too other than I know it sounds better than a previous bad subwoofer I had.

I’ll have to read up on all the audioholics subwoofer setup articles now to get this right. Going to be a fun week! Many thanks to everyone’s help here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
If you're finding the top best subwoofers under $500 then check it out here.

I have compelled the complete best list in this article. Hope you like it!
Thank you so much for this list, Simon. I thought my list was pretty decent, but now I see the error of my ways. I shall now exile myself to the wilderness until such time that I find the same enlightenment as you have. Please wish me good fortune, my friend!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Shady,

Have you ever seen these? OSD Cylinder Subs? I've noticed their AMPs lately that seem consistent with either Audiocontrol or Outlaw 5000x amps. Now I notice these smaller SVS cylinder clones

I haven't seen those but they do look interesting. The thing is, since cylinder subs don't tend to sell that well, I have to wonder about the manufacturing costs versus a regular box enclosure. If there isn't a significant manufacturing cost savings versus typical box enclosures, they probably aren't worth making from a business standpoint, at least until cylinders come back in style again.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you're finding the top best subwoofers under $500 then check it out here.

I have compelled the complete best list in this article. Hope you like it!
LOL this part cracked me up:
Helpful Crossovers

Electric-based circuits help to redirect frequency levels and maintain main-enclosures and re-routed sounds. The bass of speakers is always non-directional, and it is difficult to pinpointed in one direction.

These new subwoofers can easily redirect the non-directional rays to different parts of the room helping in reducing the effect of earthquake sensation at one corner.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Field Marshall
How about the Polk with a pro of "rock-solid MDF construction" and a con of "low built quality"?

Or the Klipsch with a 10" coil(!!!) and life inputs?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How about the Polk with a pro of "rock-solid MDF construction" and a con of "low built quality"?

Or the Klipsch with a 10" coil(!!!) and life inputs?
LOL missed that, thanks. Not sure that compares with "electric-based circuits" tho....

NINaudio

NINaudio

LOL missed that, thanks. Not sure that compares with "electric-based circuits" tho....
"we finally picked Klipsch R-120SW Subwoofer Black as the best subwoofer under 500. The battery life, bass, and sound quality, with easy to port features, are the reason for selecting it as the best subwoofer."

I wonder what the battery life of my sub is?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
"we finally picked Klipsch R-120SW Subwoofer Black as the best subwoofer under 500. The battery life, bass, and sound quality, with easy to port features, are the reason for selecting it as the best subwoofer."

I wonder what the battery life of my sub is?
I did see some mention of battery life, I guess he thinks in terms of UPS backup type systems?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I would just LOVE one of these show-offs for 2.2 or 2.1 stereo music listening subs. You know, we also have money to spend on a sub and would like to know which one to buy. I'm tinkering with the idea for at least a year now.

Also, in the age of DSP, are sealed subs reduced to a mere smaller footprint or is there an advantage to them?

NINaudio

NINaudio

The advantage of a sealed sub is the small footprint (if that is important to you) and it's ease of construction if you are DIY'ing it. Other than that ported has the advantage, all other things being equal (properly designed box, same power, DSP, etc.)

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Audioholic Intern
$699 Canadian dollars. That's $523US. Isn't your review in US dollars? Or, do you guys pay $699US down there? 10-4 on the no sale prices but, Paradigm actually drops the MSRP if you watch(the X12 is at $1299 now and MSRP is $1649).

Yes, they thump pretty good. Watched "Midway" the other night and actually had to turn them down lol. I was going to go with 2 x PB-2000 Pros but, got these for quite a bit cheaper at a local dealer in sealed box. I'm happy with my decision and will try SVS next time...
I realize this post is about 4 months old, but just wondering where in Canada you are that you're able to get the Defiance X12 for 1299$? There is only one local dealer that I can find in this neck of the woods (Victoria BC) and they have it listed for 1649$. For 1299$, I'd go pick it up today.

Cheers

}Fear_Inoculum{

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I can find in this neck of the woods (Victoria BC)
When you live in such a nice area you have to pay a premium.
One of the place is I like to vacation at one day

XenoChron

XenoChron

Junior Audioholic
My daughter and son-in-law went to Banff for their honeymoon a few years ago. It is absolutely gorgeous and on my bucket list. What a beautiful place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis