Best Powered Subwoofers Under $1,500 for 2021

R

reggieburris

Enthusiast
It’s amazing this review was written 13 months ago and the prices of these subs have went up exponentially. First the Paradigm and then the others. The price you pay for bass due to backlogged shipping caused by a myriad of factors. I wonder what a $2000 sub comparison would look like?

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
It’s amazing this review was written 13 months ago and the prices of these subs have went up exponentially. First the Paradigm and then the others. The price you pay for bass due to backlogged shipping caused by a myriad of factors. I wonder what an$2000 sub comparison would look like?
Sub prices are high, some don't mind paying thousands for their boom boom.

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Too bad the Outlaw X13 are NLA! I like down-firing subs with my young curious children.

Last edited:
R

reggieburris

Enthusiast
Too bad the Outlaw X13 are NLA! I like down-firing subs with my young curious children.
I have dual RS13s and honestly they took the subwoofer and amp from the Outlaws and put them in the RS13s. Look at Gene’s review of these subs and note how the driver is identical and both are 1000 RMS plus the Outlaws, as you said, are absent. Maybe it’s an undercover merger!

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Reggie- if that were the case, why is the Emo sub not THX- Ultra certified like the Outlaw was?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe Emo didn't hire THX for certification? Been trying to think of the name of the sub manufacturer that is behind Monolith subs at least, think also the Outlaw....maybe even the Emo. Claridy?

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
I do know the X13 was indeed a Claridy design. Not sure about others.

R

reggieburris

Enthusiast
Maybe Emo didn't hire THX for certification? Been trying to think of the name of the sub manufacturer that is behind Monolith subs at least, think also the Outlaw....maybe even the Emo. Claridy?
Exactly!

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Maybe Emo didn't hire THX for certification?

Good point, I did not give that much thought. I forget they hire and pay for the cert. You would think Emo would want that designation which would potentially sway or boost sales of their sub.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good point, I did not give that much thought. I forget they hire and pay for the cert. You would think Emo would want that designation which would potentially sway or boost sales of their sub.
Have they ever sought that certification for any of their products? I don't recall any....

R

reggieburris

Enthusiast
The majority of the subs I have owned aren’t THX rated: PB-1000, SB-2000 Pro, PB-2000 Pro, SB-3000, PB-3000, PB-4000, SB16, RS13, FV18 and FV15HP but are all good or excel. I follow the Audioholics spreadsheet or older data-bass.com spreadsheet‘s output for comparison.

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
The majority of the subs I have owned aren’t THX rated: PB-1000, SB-2000 Pro, PB-2000 Pro, SB-3000, PB-3000, PB-4000, SB16, RS13, FV18 and FV15HP but are all good or excel. I follow the Audioholics spreadsheet or older data-bass.com spreadsheet‘s output for comparison.
Damn, that's a pile of subs. Did your Emo win out over all these for you?

Also, I am certainly not under the illusion that a great sub needs to be THX certified. I was thinking since the Outlaw X13 driver was THX certified, that the designation would carry over to the use in the Emo version. Pure ignorance about THX products on my part.

Last edited:
R

reggieburris

Enthusiast
The Emo replaced the PB-3000 because it is smaller and had strong stats and I assumed it would out perform the PB-3000 which wasn't the case. Aesthetically It fits in my family room better, which is where my wife stays more but my ever evolving ass, are moving FV15HPs in their stead and have the RS13s support my FV18s in my basement. Luckily for me my wife understands my sickness for so-called bass perfection. My 35 plus years of marriage has allowed the WAF to be at its highest level, plus I buy her things when I get things.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis