48" LG C1 or 48" Sony A9s

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
Does anybody own either of these TV's or compared them?

I am replacing my TV in my bedroom. It will be used with an Nvidia Shield Pro for streaming and occasional gaming via the Shield streaming from my PC upstairs - I don't envision using it for heavy gaming or connecting any 120hz source.

In January I purchased a 77" LG CX. I absolutely love the TV's video performance although it has had ARC issues and they are replacing the main board. Still the picture is amazing and the ARC issue is not that critical as the optical out plays nice with my receiver.

Any recommendations between these two smaller OLED's? I doubt either has great sound but I don' t plan on using a soundbar if there is a difference there. I believe the Sony is a 2019 refresh - is there a reason to wait?

Thanks for your thoughts.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Not sure about the waiting part, but the Sony has better picture processing so that might help.

Other than that they probably have the exact same panel.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Not sure about the waiting part, but the Sony has better picture processing so that might help.

Other than that they probably have the exact same panel.
How many brands does LG supply with their panels? Must be complicated to upgrade the processing of the Sony Version, robots probably do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis