Marantz cinema 40 with 7.3.4. Which streaming device would be best.

D

Darkdemise

Enthusiast
Morning everyone, my first post here and desperately hoping some of the far more experienced members could help me out on a few questions. I recently installed a mini home theater in my living room that consist of the following:

Marantz Cinema 40 receiver
Lg G2 83inch oled
Front left/right, rear left/right two side sonance in wall speakers with Martin logan center. Also have 4 sonance ceiling speakers for heights.
My subs are svs pb1000 pro 12, sonance 10, klipsch 8.

Everything sounds great, surround, heights, all good except when I'm streaming from Netflix, Amazon, HBO, and basically all the other apps installed on my TV, periodically the sound just cuts out for a second or two. This happens sometimes 2 or 3 times a minute. The picture doesn't cut out and smooth sailing there just the sound. I don't think it's my connection since non of the other tvs in the house have this issue. I thought it may be my internet but I have gigabit internet with 920ish mbs upload and download speeds.

I'm hearing from best buy geek squad and a few others that it could be a handshake issue or something with the apps on the TV and I should invest in a dedicated streaming device. Basically let the TV do TV things, Xbox do gaming things and have a dedicated streamer to do just that stream. Do you think this may fix the issues. It does not cut out at all when playing blue ray and things from my Xbox one s. If so, need feedback please on which would be recommended between Nvidia shield pro or Apple Tv4k.
I also plan on getting a XboX Series X in the near future, would you just recommend streaming through that and bypass the dedicated streaming device all together? Suggestions please if you think this may solve the issue.
Thanks a ton in advance for your help and time.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Morning everyone, my first post here and desperately hoping some of the far more experienced members could help me out on a few questions. I recently installed a mini home theater in my living room that consist of the following:

Marantz Cinema 40 receiver
Lg G2 83inch oled
Front left/right, rear left/right two side sonance in wall speakers with Martin logan center. Also have 4 sonance ceiling speakers for heights.
My subs are svs pb1000 pro 12, sonance 10, klipsch 8.

Everything sounds great, surround, heights, all good except when I'm streaming from Netflix, Amazon, HBO, and basically all the other apps installed on my TV, periodically the sound just cuts out for a second or two. This happens sometimes 2 or 3 times a minute. The picture doesn't cut out and smooth sailing there just the sound. I don't think it's my connection since non of the other tvs in the house have this issue. I thought it may be my internet but I have gigabit internet with 920ish mbs upload and download speeds.

I'm hearing from best buy geek squad and a few others that it could be a handshake issue or something with the apps on the TV and I should invest in a dedicated streaming device. Basically let the TV do TV things, Xbox do gaming things and have a dedicated streamer to do just that stream. Do you think this may fix the issues. It does not cut out at all when playing blue ray and things from my Xbox one s. If so, need feedback please on which would be recommended between Nvidia shield pro or Apple Tv4k.
I also plan on getting a XboX Series X in the near future, would you just recommend streaming through that and bypass the dedicated streaming device all together? Suggestions please if you think this may solve the issue.
Thanks a ton in advance for your help and time.
Be informed that ONE THREAD IS SUFFICIENT FOR A TOPIC. You won't get a faster reply with two.

D

Darkdemise

Enthusiast
Be informed that ONE THREAD IS SUFFICIENT FOR A TOPIC. You won't get a faster reply with two.
Understood, was not sure which one to post it under so did in both. welcome to close this thread. Will continue in original post. Thank you. =)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis