4 uls-15 mk2’s vs 4 pb-2000’s

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
It could also partially be your preferences in play. Measurements would help. As mentioned, there always are some compromises...
I’m sticking with how it’s setup now. The compromise I’m making with music is not that big in my book and overall everything sounds great

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’m sticking with how it’s setup now. The compromise I’m making with music is not that big in my book and overall everything sounds great
I think that’s a good choice. Like I said, I have the same phenomenon in my room. My LP measures great so I’ve actually convinced myself that even though when I lean forward I get more bass, it’s far less accurate. Therefore more bass is actually bad, and not a free lunch. Lol

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I think that’s a good choice. Like I said, I have the same phenomenon in my room. My LP measures great so I’ve actually convinced myself that even though when I lean forward I get more bass, it’s far less accurate. Therefore more bass is actually bad, and not a free lunch. Lol
Plus I’m sick of picking the one up n moving it all over

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I did move my back couch about 5-6in back. When I moved my front couch back, it was almost up against front edge of riser but it sounded even worse with it that close to edge. Even when I leaned forward the bass wasn’t better, it basically seemed like it cut the bass out, noticed this on music. I moved it forward 5in and it was way better

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I did move my back couch about 5-6in back. When I moved my front couch back, it was almost up against front edge of riser but it sounded even worse with it that close to edge. Even when I leaned forward the bass wasn’t better, it basically seemed like it cut the bass out, noticed this on music. I moved it forward 5in and it was way better
How did it sound when you moved your back couches back?

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
How did it sound when you moved your back couches back?
With the back one back where it is n the front one back in its original spot, it’s just how it was before I moved things around. Leaning forward the bass in music is better, nothing changed with movies they sound great

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
How’s things going with your setup?
Pretty good! I has gone out with friends last night so when I got home I got those beasts moved and hooked up properly so all I have left to do is recalibrate them with Audyssey. I got some errands to run but after that I'm off tonight so I'll be playing with them all night.

Putting them Near field like that changes the game considering that you need to add in 9db to every frequency these monsters hit. I'm hoping that not only do I like it but also with the increase in output I may not need 4 subs which has always been my goal. But if 2 of them Near field works that saves me a huge amount of money in the long run. And leaves me a lottof options for the front with how I want the setup to look.

I'm looking forward to this afternoon when I get to play with them!

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Pretty good! I has gone out with friends last night so when I got home I got those beasts moved and hooked up properly so all I have left to do is recalibrate them with Audyssey. I got some errands to run but after that I'm off tonight so I'll be playing with them all night.

Putting them Near field like that changes the game considering that you need to add in 9db to every frequency these monsters hit. I'm hoping that not only do I like it but also with the increase in output I may not need 4 subs which has always been my goal. But if 2 of them Near field works that saves me a huge amount of money in the long run. And leaves me a lottof options for the front with how I want the setup to look.

Good to hear man, yea I saw your post about placing them behind your couch. I’m sure you saw I moved mine back up front but I’ve still been playing around. I would of left them how hsu suggested but just wish I didn’t hear bass from the right side. I built my riser as a bass trap n I think when they’re up front is why it sounds like everything is around me n spread throughout the room. Idk what to do

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I didn’t like how my towers got pushed in closer to the tv either when I had it set the way hsu suggested

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief

I’m on vacation and don’t go back till December 2nd so I’m sure I’ll doing nothing but playing around with them. Do you have a mic n rew?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I’m on vacation and don’t go back till December 2nd so I’m sure I’ll doing nothing but playing around with them. Do you have a mic n rew?
No I'll be picking one up soon. I'll rely on Audyssey till then if I was you I wouldn't worry about it since your subs sound so good overall. Once you get the new HSU's and put em in the back I guarantee you your small issue with music will be resolved almost willing to bet on it. Those things are quiet the step up from those BICS you had

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm hoping this change with mine will resolve that pain in the a@$! Bass bloating I was getting from the right side. Plus do all the other things I was hoping for as well

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I didn’t like how my towers got pushed in closer to the tv either when I had it set the way hsu suggested
Yeah and changing there position probably changed there sound what towers do you have?

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
No I'll be picking one up soon. I'll rely on Audyssey till then if I was you I wouldn't worry about it since your subs sound so good overall. Once you get the new HSU's and put em in the back I guarantee you your small issue with music will be resolved almost willing to bet on it. Those things are quiet the step up from those BICS you had
To be honest I really don’t wanna spend the money on two more if I don’t have to, just like you

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis