ben_

ben_

Junior Audioholic
But hey, that's the modern conservative: gubbermint handouts for me but not for thee because I am deserving and you are not!
"Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect."

That's it, that's the philosophy. There are always attempts to disguise it as something else, but that's all it's ever been.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Manchin for Prez ??

At least optimism for a third party.

Saw the Lieberman interview within the link. He's touting the debt ceiling a great bi-partisan victory. Cavuto said that's still 2 trillion a year we raise the debt LOL. 31 trillion.....100 trillion.... it's all just a number. :confused:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Problem with a 3rd party is that 270 in the electoral college may not be had by anyone. A first. Does constitution address this?
What then, a run off? Ross Perot did a number on being the 3rd party. Got what, 20% of votes? His VP was for sh...ts.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Problem with a 3rd party is that 270 in the electoral college may not be had by anyone. A first. Does constitution address this?
What then, a run off? Ross Perot did a number on being the 3rd party. Got what, 20% of votes? His VP was for sh...ts.
In 1992 when Ross Perot ran as a 3rd party candidate against Bill Clinton and George HW Bush, Clinton won with 370 electoral college votes (43% popular vote), Bush got 168 electoral college votes (37.4% popular vote) and Perot got no electoral college votes (18.9% popular vote).

Here's what the Constitution calls for:
Of the current 538 electors, an absolute majority of 270 or more electoral votes is required to elect the president and vice president. If no candidate achieves an absolute majority there, a contingent election is held by the House of Representatives to elect the president and by the Senate to elect the vice president.
Of the slim GOP majority now in the House of Representatives, 119 of them voted against certifying the 2020 presidential election results. They're on record for voting to overthrow the results of a legitimate election. That's extremely scary! Yes, the Electoral College, as specified in the US Constitution has to be reformed.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
In 1992 when Ross Perot ran as a 3rd party candidate against Bill Clinton and George HW Bush, Clinton won with 370 electoral college votes (43% popular vote), Bush got 168 electoral college votes (37.4% popular vote) and Perot got no electoral college votes (18.9% popular vote).
and the majority of Perot votes were at the expense of Bush, whereas if Manchin runs it would likely be at the expense of the Dems.

Of the slim GOP majority now in the House of Representatives, 119 of them voted against certifying the 2020 presidential election results. They're on record for voting to overthrow the results of a legitimate election. That's extremely scary!
right now what's scary........... another Trump / Biden election ! :eek:

Yes, the Electoral College, as specified in the US Constitution has to be reformed.
you're probably right .......

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Of the slim GOP majority now in the House of Representatives, 119 of them voted against certifying the 2020 presidential election results. They're on record for voting to overthrow the results of a legitimate election. That's extremely scary! Yes, the Electoral College, as specified in the US Constitution has to be reformed.
If Trump wins the next election, that will be the least of your worries.
Trump Plans to Expand Presidential Power Over Agencies in 2025 - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Didn't you listen to that clip of MTG? That's a ringing endorsement if I ever heard one.
Fox “News” replaced the MTG clip with another of some professor talking to talking heads. Using the same link, though :rolleyes:

The Biden campaign used that though in this clip:

The White House tweeted, “Caught us. President Biden is working to make life easier for hardworking families.”

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
BTW, advisable to avoid morality preaching during the Trump era.
And ignore that Trump is a rapist but still support him.

>>>… “The definition of rape in the New York Penal Law is far narrower than the meaning of ‘rape’ in common modern parlance, its definition in some dictionaries, in some federal and state criminal statutes, and elsewhere,” the court noted, citing dictionaries and other jurisdictions’ laws defining “rape” as non-consensual penetration of any kind. “The finding that Ms. Carroll failed to prove that she was ‘raped’ within the meaning of the New York Penal Law does not mean that she failed to prove that Mr. Trump ‘raped’ her as many people commonly understand the word ‘rape.’ Indeed, as the evidence at trial recounted below makes clear, the jury found that Mr. Trump in fact did exactly that.”<<<

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Again, all the Liberals here seem only able to deflect to anti-Trump rhetoric(most of which I agree with) yet continue to not come up with a viable 2024 candidate ?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Again, all the Liberals here seem only able to deflect to anti-Trump rhetoric(most of which I agree with) yet continue to not come up with a viable 2024 candidate ?
The Democrats don't have another candidate, and Trump leads by a large amount amongst a field of 10. I'm thinking tie.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The Democrats don't have another candidate, and Trump leads by a large amount amongst a field of 10. I'm thinking tie.
Dude, for the umpteenth time........... I'm asking the Liberal contingent here, on this forum, get it ???

Saying the Dems don't have another candidate on one hand while the polling majority doesn't want to see Biden run again, simply asks the question, then who ??

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis