2 pb2000 or 1 fv15hp or 1 vtf 15h mk2 or 1 Monolith 15

A

audiophool7878

Junior Audioholic
I have never owned a PB2000.

I have owned a PB12-NSD and a PB4000 and I have always felt like the bass has been a lil muddy. I have owned a Rythmik LV12R ( for my bedroom) and I have always found it to be more clean.

I have also demoed a FV15HP and a FV18 and those subs are on a completely different level. The clean sound and the ULF is amazing.

In the end, I ended up with a Power Sound Audio TV1812 and that gives me awesome mid-bass chest slam and a solid in-room extension all the way down to 9.5 hz in my room. The TV18 provides amazing bass for music as well.
What does ULF stand for?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
So what are your thoughts on them ? Can you add any more to what i said, basically how impressed i am. And i must admit to being a little jealous hearing you have two of them. If everything goes accordingly i will have a second in the very near future.
It’s really hard to say more at this point. I haven’t had time to listen to enough different material to know how the subs will respond.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
I appreciate that very thoughtful response. I find myself leaning heavily towards getting just one fv15hp for now and hopefully one another in the future. I keep hearing such great things about it.
There is no doubt the Ryhtmik FV15hp is a fine subwoofer. However so is the HSU ULS-15 MK2. One to consider is, for the cost of the Rythmik, you can get two HSU subs.
Regardless of which one you choose, i think you will be pleased with the results.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Hello to the OP, I am by no means an expert on audio, or bass to be more exact, but here is my two cents. First, I have heard comments before about people not enjoying the SVS for music. I have no idea why that might be true for some people, or than to say this can be a very subjective hobby. Good sound is definitely in the ear of the individual listener. I think HSU or Rythmik would be an awesome choice. I have heard nothing but great things about the ULS-15 MK2. I ended up going with a Rythmik F12. Now I know more than a few people will say this small sealed sub is not efficient, has low output and is a complete waste of time and money. But I have a small listening area, (13' by 17') and this sub is very enjoyable, and it fills my room with clean tight bass for music and plenty of low frequency effects for movies. Would a second one help? Sure it would. But for now I don't feel the need to add another one.

When I say clean tight bass for music, I don't mean the sub sounds clean and tight. If you turn down your speakers and just listen to your sub, the sound you hear from any sub is anything but clean and tight, right? I think, and just my opinion, the way the sub integrates with your speakers is what gives you clean tight sounding bass for music. I settled on my speakers (Ascend Acoustics Towers) set to small with a 90hz crossover. I played with the levels and the Eq a bit, and I'm happy with my bass.

Bottom line, depending on your room size and preference for bass, I don't think you could go wrong with anything from Rythmik or HSU.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis