2 pb2000 or 1 fv15hp or 1 vtf 15h mk2 or 1 Monolith 15

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I suppose the more accurate way of expressing what I wrote would be to say that the pb2000's sounded very nice for watching movies, but that I was unmoved by them when it came to listening to most music.
Why, tho? What was it about the response you found objectionable?

What do you have for comparison in the past?

A

audiophool7878

Junior Audioholic
Everything about what a person hears is subjective. EVERYTHING. So what may have been objectionable to me may have seemed perfectly satisfying for you. You like chocolate and I like vanilla. I do not have a string of fancy words to describe my subjective experience of the sounds I heard. I can only say that I didn't enjoy them. Enough so that I sent the subs back. It is widely acknowledged that the most colored part of a sound system are the speakers. Change the speaker and you will do more to change the sound than by changing an amp, or preamp for example. Well subwoofers are speakers. And I didn't like the way the pb2000's sounded.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Everything about what a person hears is subjective. EVERYTHING. So what may have been objectionable to me may have seemed perfectly satisfying for you. You like chocolate and I like vanilla. I do not have a string of fancy words to describe my subjective experience of the sounds I heard. I can only say that I didn't enjoy them. Enough so that I sent the subs back. It is widely acknowledged that the most colored part of a sound system are the speakers. Change the speaker and you will do more to change the sound than by changing an amp, or preamp for example. Well subwoofers are speakers. And I didn't like the way the pb2000's sounded.
Subs are operating differently than speakers due to the room's effect on bass frequencies, though. I'd suspect room/integration issues more than the subs themselves as subs are more similar in this range than different....

Musicality in audio gear really isn't a thing, either.

A

audiophool7878

Junior Audioholic
Subs are operating differently than speakers due to the room's effect on bass frequencies, though. I'd suspect room/integration issues more than the subs themselves as subs are more similar in this range than different....

Musicality in audio gear really isn't a thing, either.
I amended my use of the word musicality and stated plainly that the did not sound good to me when playing music. That is a fact that they did not sound good to me while playing music. Honestly hd you too are welcome to refrain from commenting in my threads from now on. You too seem to have WAAAY too much time on your hands. I am far more interested in getting some fresh insight from others and am rather disinterested in being proven wrong by you about semantics.
Have a great holiday.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I amended my use of the word musicality and stated plainly that the did not sound good to me when playing music. That is a fact that they did not sound good to me while playing music. Honestly hd you too are welcome to refrain from commenting in my threads from now on. You too seem to have WAAAY too much time on your hands. I am far more interested in getting some fresh insight from others and am rather disinterested in being proven wrong by you about semantics.
Have a great holiday.
Good luck in any case. Honestly, you seem a bit touchy for someone who doesn't know much.

ps I do have extra time on my hands, tho. My knee has been an issue and it's been raining/snowing and all that covid stuff....

A

audiophool7878

Junior Audioholic
Good luck in any case. Honestly, you seem a bit touchy for someone who doesn't know much.

ps I do have extra time on my hands, tho. My knee has been an issue and it's been raining/snowing and all that covid stuff....
"For someone who doesn't know much"

That's exactly the kind of pompous vomit that I'm talking about. I can assure you that I know a hell of a lot more about the world than you do sir. Congratulations on getting your Ph.D. in audio forum no life martial arts. It's really not that impressive. If you stepped into an arena in which I was the expert and you were the novice I would easily make you look silly...stupid even. Except that I would never do that because I'm not competing to be the tallest midget. And if someone asks me an honest and good natured question about a subject I am fluent in, I would be at their service graciously because that's how grown ups should act. Though I fear you are likely about twice my age which makes your manner all the more cringe to digest. Good luck with your knee and with what must be categorized as a severe personality disorder. I suspect you were picked on quite a bit as a child and for that I feel sorry for you. Don't forget to get some sun every now and then and never forget that NOBODY CARES how cool you are in the audioholics forum. Like NOBODY. Especially not women.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
"For someone who doesn't know much"

That's exactly the kind of pompous vomit that I'm talking about. I can assure you that I know a hell of a lot more about the world than you do sir. Congratulations on getting your Ph.D. in audio forum no life martial arts. It's really not that impressive. If you stepped into an arena in which I was the expert and you were the novice I would easily make you look silly...stupid even. Except that I would never do that because I'm not competing to be the tallest midget. And if someone asks me an honest and good natured question about a subject I am fluent in, I would be at their service graciously because that's how grown ups should act. Though I fear you are likely about twice my age which makes your manner all the more cringe to digest. Good luck with your knee and with what must be categorized as a severe personality disorder. I suspect you were picked on quite a bit as a child and for that I feel sorry for you. Don't forget to get some sun every now and then and never forget that NOBODY CARES how cool you are in the audioholics forum. Like NOBODY. Especially not women.
Sure, pal. I do know more about audio than you do, though. Good luck, seriously. Talk to someone about your insecurities, tho.

A

audiophool7878

Junior Audioholic
Honestly, you seem a bit touchy for someone who doesn't know much.
Did that comment actually make some kind of sense to you when you wrote it? Are people only justified in their "touchiness" when they know a lot? lol
But because I don't know much (as evidenced by the fact I am asking a question about different subwoofer brands of course o_O) I have no right to be touchy?? You are quite a laugh. I'm honestly surprised they still let you post on this forum considering the frequency with which you attempt to degrade people.

Summary: Can't be touchy if you don't know a lot
Sure, pal. I do know more about audio than you do, though. Good luck, seriously. Talk to someone about your insecurities, tho.
Nobody cares what you know about audio. You live in an online forum and attempt to make yourself feel better by putting people down who come here for help. You are wholly unimpressive. Get a life old man.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
You were combative in your Denon/LSi9 thread and you're being combative now. You just don't like the fact that somebody contradicts what you believe even if you are wrong. You want to stick to your guns it's okay bro enjoy yourself system

S

subdude143

Audiophyte

Honestly man that really was a d-head comment you made there as are many others I've seen you make here. I think that most new people come to forums like this expecting to interact with hundreds if not thousands of different helpful voices and points of views, yet to their surprise they find out that of all the people who frequent this place, a handful of them suffocate the life out of the conversation by posting every single day on every single thread and usually don't have anything useful to add aside from snarky sarcasm and passive aggressiveness. You seem to be one of those guys. A quick search of these threads quickly shines a light on your very lonely and bitter existence. I can copy and paste at least 10 instances where you were rude to people for no reason what so ever, seemingly purely for the sake of I cool in front of your pretend forum friends. I honestly wish they would go through this forum and others with a comb periodically and get rid of toxic people such as yourself. I see nothing wrong with anything the op wrote and I can understand fully why it is he took exception to your tone. I too see nothing particularly impressive about your level of knowledge on this subject which doesn't seem to extend any further than that of a person who spends 20 hours a day in an audio forum. For all you know the op is a brain surgeon or a retired fighter pilot. What do you do?? Know about audio?? Something that literally means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Slow clapping for you buddy.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Honestly man that really was a d-head comment you made there as are many others I've seen you make here. I think that most new people come to forums like this expecting to interact with hundreds if not thousands of different helpful voices and points of views, yet to their surprise they find out that of all the people who frequent this place, a handful of them suffocate the life out of the conversation by posting every single day on every single thread and usually don't have anything useful to add aside from snarky sarcasm and passive aggressiveness. You seem to be one of those guys. A quick search of these threads quickly shines a light on your very lonely and bitter existence. I can copy and paste at least 10 instances where you were rude to people for no reason what so ever, seemingly purely for the sake of I cool in front of your pretend forum friends. I honestly wish they would go through this forum and others with a comb periodically and get rid of toxic people such as yourself. I see nothing wrong with anything the op wrote and I can understand fully why it is he took exception to your tone. I too see nothing particularly impressive about your level of knowledge on this subject which doesn't seem to extend any further than that of a person who spends 20 hours a day in an audio forum. For all you know the op is a brain surgeon or a retired fighter pilot. What do you do?? Know about audio?? Something that literally means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Slow clapping for you buddy.
I understand that. But there really isn't that volume of posters as you expect. You can help people with audio if you're able....I do what I can but I don't take crap for my time spent. I'd guess you're on the limited side knowledge-wise as well. Good luck with that. You can do your own research or just hope you get responses in the way you expect them in various audio fora/groups, good luck with that.

A

audiophool7878

Junior Audioholic
You were combative in your Denon/LSi9 thread and you're being combative now. You just don't like the fact that somebody contradicts what you believe even if you are wrong. You want to stick to your guns it's okay bro enjoy yourself system
Nice try but no. Your comment was reviewed and removed for a reason. You are purposefully arrogant and rude without cause. You don't seem to know any more than the average person about home theater yet you talk down to people. I got along just fine with everyone in that thread aside from yourself. Me not accepting your nasty tone does not mean that I am closed minded or that I am wrong. There was actually nothing for you to be right about or me to be wrong about in that thread. You were simply rude, short and curt. People taking or not taking your crap is not a measure of their willingness to learn nor is it an indication that they are wrong. You like many others spend WAAAAAY too much time staring at your computer screen and you fancy yourselves some type of a celebrity in place that really doesn't mean anything. This is a hobby. Not life saving technology. It is like playing chess or collecting butterflies. It just does not matter. Feel free to (again) remove yourself from the conversation as you were already asked politely to do earlier when your comment was reviewed and removed by the moderators.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did that comment actually make some kind of sense to you when you wrote it? Are people only justified in their "touchiness" when they know a lot? lol
But because I don't know much (as evidenced by the fact I am asking a question about different subwoofer brands of course o_O) I have no right to be touchy?? You are quite a laugh. I'm honestly surprised they still let you post on this forum considering the frequency with which you attempt to degrade people.

Summary: Can't be touchy if you don't know a lot

Nobody cares what you know about audio. You live in an online forum and attempt to make yourself feel better by putting people down who come here for help. You are wholly unimpressive. Get a life old man.
LOL. Keep going. At least you chose an appropriate screen name so far.....

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Hello all, it's been about 9 months or so since my last visit. Had some health issues that have kept me out of the game so to speak. After some long recuperations, i thought i might as well jump in to help get my mind off of things. So again, hello to all and happy holidays. Now on to responding to the op.

audiophool7878
I thought i might throw in my opinion here since i feel i somewhat understand where you are coming from and what you are trying achieve. I get where you are coming from regarding the svs pb2000 subs. Not trying to knock the subs so to say, but they are just ok. They do ok for a small home theatre, but for musical applications they leave a lot to be desired. Describing the needs and wants for a musical sub is difficult. I will just wanting that tactile, precise, quick response and able to not sound like a lot of ported subs do with that (maybe not accurate) tendency to sound like one note wonders.
I think you should really look at the HSU ULS-15 MK2 sealed sub. All i can say is it blew my expectations out of the water. This sub made my 2 sb2000 seem like a joke. I cant say how much i am impressed with this sub. I have never heard a sealed sub sound so good with music and movies like this. Around xmas i will possibly be adding a second one, although i don't really need it. A couple years back i had a definitive 15'' sealed sub, and even if i had two of those it would not begin to keep up with ULS-15 sub.
Hope some of this made since, but still under medication i can't guarantee it did.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Hello all, it's been about 9 months or so since my last visit. Had some health issues that have kept me out of the game so to speak. After some long recuperations, i thought i might as well jump in to help get my mind off of things. So again, hello to all and happy holidays. Now on to responding to the op.

audiophool7878
I thought i might throw in my opinion here since i feel i somewhat understand where you are coming from and what you are trying achieve. I get where you are coming from regarding the svs pb2000 subs. Not trying to knock the subs so to say, but they are just ok. They do ok for a small home theatre, but for musical applications they leave a lot to be desired. Describing the needs and wants for a musical sub is difficult. I will just wanting that tactile, precise, quick response and able to not sound like a lot of ported subs do with that (maybe not accurate) tendency to sound like one note wonders.
I think you should really look at the HSU ULS-15 MK2 sealed sub. All i can say is it blew my expectations out of the water. This sub made my 2 sb2000 seem like a joke. I cant say how much i am impressed with this sub. I have never heard a sealed sub sound so good with music and movies like this. Around xmas i will possibly be adding a second one, although i don't really need it. A couple years back i had a definitive 15'' sealed sub, and even if i had two of those it would not begin to keep up with ULS-15 sub.
Hope some of this made since, but still under medication i can't guarantee it did.
I have a pair of the ULS-15s. So far they seem to be very good but I haven’t had time to get them set up properly.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
I have a pair of the ULS-15s. So far they seem to be very good but I haven’t had time to get them set up properly.
So what are your thoughts on them ? Can you add any more to what i said, basically how impressed i am. And i must admit to being a little jealous hearing you have two of them. If everything goes accordingly i will have a second in the very near future.

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
I have never owned a PB2000.

I have owned a PB12-NSD and a PB4000 and I have always felt like the bass has been a lil muddy. I have owned a Rythmik LV12R ( for my bedroom) and I have always found it to be more clean.

I have also demoed a FV15HP and a FV18 and those subs are on a completely different level. The clean sound and the ULF is amazing.

In the end, I ended up with a Power Sound Audio TV1812 and that gives me awesome mid-bass chest slam and a solid in-room extension all the way down to 9.5 hz in my room. The TV18 provides amazing bass for music as well.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic

I have owned a PB12-NSD and a PB4000 and I have always felt like the bass has been a lil muddy. I have owned a Rythmik LV12R ( for my bedroom) and I have always found it to be more clean.

I have also demoed a FV15HP and a FV18 and those subs are on a completely different level. The clean sound and the ULF is amazing.

In the end, I ended up with a Power Sound Audio TV1812 and that gives me awesome mid-bass chest slam and a solid in-room extension all the way down to 9.5 hz in my room. The TV18 provides amazing bass for music as well.
I agree whole heartedly with your assessment of the SVS. And im not trying to knock them in any way. I just think they are a little over rated for the price you pay. Better options when you compare the dollar to performance ratio.

A

audiophool7878

Junior Audioholic

I appreciate that very thoughtful response. I find myself leaning heavily towards getting just one fv15hp for now and hopefully one another in the future. I keep hearing such great things about it.

A

audiophool7878

Junior Audioholic
I agree whole heartedly with your assessment of the SVS. And im not trying to knock them in any way. I just think they are a little over rated for the price you pay. Better options when you compare the dollar to performance ratio.
Im feeling the universe pulling me towards the fv15hp but I will also look into the hsu sealed subs you recommended

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis