15x25’ new home theater budget 20k ish

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
RBH speakers are so fing ugly man...Why don't you suggest some prettier things to the unsuspecting dude....like Focal, Sonus Faber, etc
Yikes, them's be fighting words around these forums. RBH is loved on this site. Hell, the owner of this site is obsessed with RBH, has them in his house and dreams about them every night. They are very high quality made speakers. You can't go wrong with RBH. Sure some speakers might not be the "prettiest" but every lineup has those. Just how much you're willing to spend for "beautiful" I guess.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yikes, them's be fighting words around these forums. RBH is loved on this site. Hell, the owner of this site is obsessed with RBH, has them in his house and dreams about them every night. They are very high quality made speakers. You can't go wrong with RBH. Sure some speakers might not be the "prettiest" but every lineup has those. Just how much you're willing to spend for "beautiful" I guess.
Well, since he loves ELAC speakers, maybe he can recommend some ELAC speakers. :D

Or maybe some KEF R-series?

Last edited:
A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
BEAUTY VS UGLY.jpg

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
But in some cases the "beauty" or "pretty" covers up the BS sound that comes out of them. The RBH on the right is showing you front and center that you're in for a real treat. The ones on the left tell me that you're over priced and sound like crap, but hey look at the nice wood we used in different angles!!! :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
But in some cases the "beauty" or "pretty" covers up the BS sound that comes out of them. The RBH on the right is showing you front and center that you're in for a real treat. The ones on the left tell me that you're over priced and sound like crap, but hey look at the nice wood we used in different angles!!! :D
And put that lovely package behind an AT screen! ;)

My vote is is still for a JTR front stage, especially with an AT screen

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
...these Q Acoustic speakers sure are pretty...
So you think these Q Acoustics speakers:

Actually look better than these RBH speakers? :D

Let's not argue about personal tastes. :D

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Just a proposal from me based on using $10K as the speaker budget and assuming 100% HT use:

Elac DFR52 for L/R ($1400)
Elac DCR52 for Center ($460)
Elac 970IWD61 inwall for surround X4 ($1000)
Monoprice M-12 V2 X2 ($1800)
Denon 4700 AVR ($2K)

Use another $1K on room treatments.

This leaves budget for setup and misc and will perform well or since it seems that 150" screen is paramount the left over 2-3K can be used to get better Projector and screen.

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Yeah, I am sure those will fit his $20K budget nicely. :D

Throw in a Christie or Barco Laser 10,000-lumen projector while you're at it. :D
I totally agree with you! Everybody needs a Christie. Screw Barco! Grab yourself a Christie Griffyn. I know a guy who can get one! $140k. Small pocket change for the amount of awesomeness it's going to give you. Also, don't forget to get the Trinnov Alt. 32. Who doesn't need one of those??? should be standard in every home theater. And last but certainly not the least, don't forget about great cables. I cannot stress this enough to people on this site you NEED to purchase AudioQuest cables. For everything! The copper and silver levels in their cables let the speakers basically ooze chocolate from your mids. Best investment you can make in my opinion. :p

jinjuku

jinjuku

thanks J! Everyone on here has been super cool!! I’m in fort myers naples area. If you know someone!!
Gene offers consulting services at $100/hour (incredibly affordable) and is in Tampa. PM him if interested. It would be money well spent IMO. Since he's ~2hrs away talk about a day rate that would cover round trip of 4 hours also.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Lol looks good to me! Is that just left and right front or does that also have sub built in? And do you also do these for rears or something completely different.
Each tower has a TRUE big subwoofer ”built-in”. I use 5 towers in my HT room.

I know clients who use 5 of these SVTR towers in their HT room.

M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
Is RBH going to be coming out with new bookshelves/towers to replace all their d/c models? I mean other than the out of reach (for most of us) SVTR setups, and other than the MTM on walls? I look at their site every once in a while and nothing has come up yet

jinjuku

jinjuku

Each tower has a TRUE big subwoofer ”built-in”. I use 5 towers in my HT room.

I know clients who use 5 of these SVTR towers in their HT room.
It's suboptimal (pun intended) to have subs integrated like that for HT use.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It's suboptimal (pun intended) to have subs integrated like that for HT use.
The cool thing is though you don't have to combine them like that you can seperate the tops from the subs so you can get optimal placement for you towers and get great integration with the subs where they are optimally placed. That's what I've done in my room for mine.
20210403_230052 (1).jpg

I have the top tower modules on stands the subs are distributed throughout the room where they measure best

Also those subs are no joke. They can crush a SVS- PB 16 ultra.

But I'm wondering if you had five full range towers like that placed in your room I'm wondering with that much bass placed in that many positions would you be able to cancel out enough room nulls anyway and give good overall frequency response anyway

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Is RBH going to be coming out with new bookshelves/towers to replace all their d/c models? I mean other than the out of reach (for most of us) SVTR setups, and other than the MTM on walls? I look at their site every once in a while and nothing has come up yet
I've talked to both @AcuDefTechGuy and Shane and the guys at RBH they are coming out with a bunch of new products like you I just wish they'd hurry up and link it!

I use there on wall SV661W as surrounds. The best surrounds I've ever used. They could be used as L C R in a lot of people rooms no problem.

The sensitivity dynamics clarity with zero distortion and just accuracy in sound is out of this world. This is my end game system in my room for sure

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
And as for the looks I can tell you these RBH look stunning in person way better then the photos my friends talk about how nice they are all the time

But they are BIG. But there's no getting that level of performance without there size

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
The cool thing is though you don't have to combine them like that you can seperate the tops from the subs so you can get optimal placement for you towers and get great integration with the subs where they are optimally placed. That's what I've done in my room for mine.
View attachment 53952

I have the top tower modules on stands the subs are distributed throughout the room where they measure best

Also those subs are no joke. They can crush a SVS- PB 16 ultra.

But I'm wondering if you had five full range towers like that placed in your room I'm wondering with that much bass placed in that many positions would you be able to cancel out enough room nulls anyway and give good overall frequency response anyway
curious, what are you using for "Atmos" speakers?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis