15x25’ new home theater budget 20k ish

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
For us to offer any additional help, we really need to hear back from @Cbakes with the direction he is leaning towards.
If using an AT screen, especially with a false wall, you don't need pretty Speakers. ;) Or is he wants On- or In-Wall Speakers behind an AT Screen...
Will he have an equipment room?
Other aspects of room arrangement that would help us make better recommendation for Subwoofers.

As OP has also admitted that the budget for parts of this are slightly mutable, getting an update on budget strictly for Speakers and all electronics including PJ and Screen could be helpful, too. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I really want the biggest screen I can do and I am willing to pay for the projector that can do the job. Can that projector be had for 10k? I don’t want to do the biggest screen if it’s too big for the rooms viewing distances. I can bump my budget up to 40k. I want this theater to be as sick as it can be for what it is. I’ve wired the room for atmos and would def like to have that. But, not if it’s too many speakers for the room size and the sound will be not heard correctly….
Okay first list in wall system only in that room size I'm going 7.4.4
Speakers
Front 3:
Monoprice Monolith THX-465IW $700x3
4 Surrounds:
Monoprice Monolith THX365IW $400x4
4 in ceiling:
RSL C34EMKII $150×4
Subwoofersx2
Monoprice Monolith THX Ultra 16 $2,300×2
Reciever:
Denon X6700H $3100
Amplifiers: Outlaw Audio 7000x $1000 Outlaw Audio 5000x $770
Projector: Epson EBPU1006W $5,400
Screen:Silver Ticket AT $460 for 120 inch 700 for $150 inch

Ok that comes out to $19170 with a 120 inch screen $19,830 with a 150inch screen and since OPs budget can stretch up to 30k we can factor in a better screen and 2 more 16 ultra subs with 4 subs the total goes to $23716 or $24430 for different screen sizes

Still plenty of room to hit his 30k budget with a better screen thrown in

That system would be to die for give you all the dynamics and clean loud amazing distortion clean accurate sound you want

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
For us to offer any additional help, we really need to hear back from @Cbakes with the direction he is leaning towards.
If using an AT screen, especially with a false wall, you don't need pretty Speakers. ;) Or is he wants On- or In-Wall Speakers behind an AT Screen...
Will he have an equipment room?
Other aspects of room arrangement that would help us make better recommendation for Subwoofers.

As OP has also admitted that the budget for parts of this are slightly mutable, getting an update on budget strictly for Speakers and all electronics including PJ and Screen could be helpful, too. :)
Agreed I'm just throwing him out a list to give him some ideas

Also it's just a fun idea for us all to take a room size budget and go with it I'd love to hear guys lists I liked @jinjuku list that was a good one

jinjuku

jinjuku

Please don't forget room treatments. First reflection for side walls. Rear wall bounce.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Speakers
Front 3:
4 Surrounds:
4 in ceiling:
RSL C34EMKII $150×4
Subwoofersx2
Reciever:
Denon X6700H $3100
I think this really is homing in on a good return for the $$. I would put the dual sub budget around $2500 in total. My two dual opposed with the iNuke just rattle the hell out of my entire room.

I think the savings is better spent on labor and room treatment.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think this really is homing in on a good return for the $$. I would put the dual sub budget around $2500 in total. My two dual opposed with the iNuke just rattle the hell out of my entire room.

Yeah I agree I was just having fun 2 monolith 16 Ultras would smash that room

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Actually for your budget at 2500 you could get 4 monolith 12 Ultras and that would be great in a room size like that Like you said have plenty left over for room treatments and labor

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

On my list you could also save money by doing the Outlaw 7000 and using the 6700 for the atmos speakers thats another 750 off

C

Cbakes

Enthusiast
Speakers
Front 3:
4 Surrounds:
4 in ceiling:
RSL C34EMKII $150×4
Subwoofersx2
Reciever:
Denon X6700H $3100

Ok that comes out to $19170 with a 120 inch screen $19,830 with a 150inch screen and since OPs budget can stretch up to 30k we can factor in a better screen and 2 more 16 ultra subs with 4 subs the total goes to $23716 or $24430 for different screen sizes

Still plenty of room to hit his 30k budget with a better screen thrown in

That system would be to die for give you all the dynamics and clean loud amazing distortion clean accurate sound you want
Wow! Thanks danzilla!! I’ve been moving my family back in the house and grindin hard to get ready for that. So haven’t been in here checking. I appreciate that list and info. Sounds like a sick set up. What projector do you think I’ll need for 4K and fast sped. I can’t stand when the pic is blurry when it pans. I want really good blacks too. Thanks again for the help!!

C

Cbakes

Enthusiast
I've been orbiting around your budget of $20K and thinking along the lines that I have roughly the same dimensions as you and I have a 106" screen.

The nut you are trying to crack with projection is that as in increase the throw distance to get to 150" you start trading off an awful lot unless you start rapidly increasing your PJ budget.

I REALLY think you need to set aside a bit of money and get a consultation with someone that can see your space first hand. Talk to you in depth about where you want to go and THEN manage your expectations and determine budget.

Many of us here are our own consultants as we've been in the business at one point or another. I installed and designed audio and video edit suites for 7 years so that's were I learned. ShadyJ does a ton of reviews, Gene's been on the actual design end of all this, others have been in sales etc...

Your room of 15X21 with vaulted ceilings doesn't represent a difficult challenge for a good dynamic audio experience. Lot's of options available if you either increase budget or decrease screen size.

I think $15K, with carefully selected components, gets you a SOTA HT setup on the audio side that you are wanting and that's were the friction comes in. Now if you can move past $20K we start getting out of compromises on the video side.

I believe you can get what you want, including some paid brainpower for probably around $30-$33K.
I can do 30-35k I don’t want to sacrifice on the screen size or pic quality. My room is 15x25. I want to do two rows of seating and have some open Flores space in the front. There is a stringer in the ceiling give Omg me the option to move Pj closer or further from the screen. Right now it’s at 17’ from the screen location, I’ve also wires two left and two right speakers on the side walls at ear level to the two rows of seating. Do you think this will be too much sound or will fill the room better? I’ve heard some comments to the effect of less is more and it can get washy. Thoughts?

C

Cbakes

Enthusiast
Do you have actual pictures of the room? Also do you have the ability to go in walls even tho the dry wall is up. Would you like to do an acoustically transperant screen?

I have a complete gear list I'd like to send you but it's hard to do without pictures and knowing if you want floor standing or in walls?

Will your equipment rack be in another room?

This list is just to give you an idea of what you can do. And I'd love other forum members feedback on this

For the type of dynamics you want combined with the type of sound quality you want there's only one company I'd go with monoprice on speakers ok f it here comes the list first one will be in wall second will be floor standing
yes I can go back in the walls if need be. The ceiling is vaulted to 12’ flat in the center for ab 5’ then vaulting down outside of that. Sort of like a barn shape. I want the best sound so I’m guessing towers in front w a great center speaker. I could go fixed or motorized (depending on size of mounted portion). Yes equipent is outside of theater in a large hall closet. Plenty of room. Bring the sound!! I’ve run dedicated 20 amp outlets and coax cable to both front corners of room for powered subs if that’s the best way to go. I’ve also run 12gauge wire to those same corners in case of using passive subs. As I didn’t know what would be best. I have four atmos speakers ran in ceiling along w to rears in ceiling (which can be dropped down the wall of towers in rear was going to be better. So that’s what I got. I’m going to try an upload some pics too. Prob tomorrow….

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
yes I can go back in the walls if need be. The ceiling is vaulted to 12’ flat in the center for ab 5’ then vaulting down outside of that. Sort of like a barn shape. I want the best sound so I’m guessing towers in front w a great center speaker. I could go fixed or motorized (depending on size of mounted portion). Yes equipent is outside of theater in a large hall closet. Plenty of room. Bring the sound!! I’ve run dedicated 20 amp outlets and coax cable to both front corners of room for powered subs if that’s the best way to go. I’ve also run 12gauge wire to those same corners in case of using passive subs. As I didn’t know what would be best. I have four atmos speakers ran in ceiling along w to rears in ceiling (which can be dropped down the wall of towers in rear was going to be better. So that’s what I got. I’m going to try an upload some pics too. Prob tomorrow….
Okay all that info helps I'm running errands but I'll get back with a suggestion can't wait to sew those pics!!!! It will help

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis