Finally coming together

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Saliva dripping from my mouth...congrats that chick is HOT. What no lights?

Last edited by a moderator:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Saliva dripping from my mouth...congrats that chick is HOT. What no lights?
I all the channels tested and forgot to take a picture. When it's on the only light that's on is the blue power light, unless there's a signal to any of the channels. However, when you turn it off the lights stay on for a little bit while the caps drain. This thing is a monster. No real frills, no nonsense, a mix of passive and active cooling to keep the weight down. The thing weighs 80+ lbs with a massive amount of heatsinking or unnecessarily thick panels. If this thing only did passive cooling it would weigh 120+lbs easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
I all the channels tested and forgot to take a picture. When it's on the only light that's on is the blue power light, unless there's a signal to any of the channels. However, when you turn it off the lights stay on for a little bit while the caps drain. This thing is a monster. No real frills, no nonsense, a mix of passive and active cooling to keep the weight down. The thing weighs 80+ lbs with a massive amount of heatsinking or unnecessarily thick panels. If this thing only did passive cooling it would weigh 120+lbs easily.

That's a beast.

I see it needs 20/30A 120 or 20A 220.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That's a beast.

I see it needs 20/30A 120 or 20A 220.
Only if you want to drive it to full rated power ;). I don't plan on doing any such thing so any old wall outlet will do :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Your visual is...stimulating me.

Signed,
Alex2507

:D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
It would be Adam to take it to another level. Signed:p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Btw, Fuzz...congrats on the new (to you) amp! You and Walter know how to do it up right.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Btw, Fuzz...congrats on the new (to you) amp! You and Walter know how to do it up right.
Thanks. I wanted a multi-channel amp for the Nao Note's I'm (eventually) building, but I had planned on building them first and then worrying about amplification. However, I got what I consider a great deal on this amp so I decided to get it and put the Note build on hold for a bit and just go for it. This totally blew the budget I had set aside for the Note's so it'll be awhile before I can get back on track with those, but I think it was worth it. :D

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
This totally blew the budget I had set aside for the Note's so it'll be awhile before I can get back on track with those, but I think it was worth it. :D
Get a job you lazy bum!!!....out here near Los Angeles so I can experience your amazing system(s).

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Get a job you lazy bum!!!....out here near Los Angeles so I can experience your amazing system(s).
I don't think a west coast move is in my future, but if you're ever on the east coast feel free to swing by :D

I already have my next 3 builds planned and documented in my handy dandy sketching notebook. Personally I'm pretty excited for the build after the Notes ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis