Finally coming together

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You should move to Tucson, man.

You know...close enough that I could walk there, but far enough away that I wouldn't be able to hear you. :D

Oh, and we have soccer here, too. I'm sure that we could find you a suitably bad team to coach. :p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You should move to Tucson, man.

You know...close enough that I could walk there, but far enough away that I wouldn't be able to hear you. :D

Oh, and we have soccer here, too. I'm sure that we could find you a suitably bad team to coach. :p
I don't think I could ever convince the GF that living in the desert is the way too go :p I do have a friend from high school who is out there working with his grandparents. Maybe he could give me a job.

With all that Latin flavor down there, I'm sure the level of bad is much higher than up here :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think I could ever convince the GF that living in the desert is the way too go :p
Tell her that it's not like following Moses. We have water and stuff. :D Heck, I just spent a couple of hours trimming trees...my trash container is full...and I can barely tell that I did anything.

That said, I do have a rock yard...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Tell her that it's not like following Moses. We have water and stuff. :D Heck, I just spent a couple of hours trimming trees...my trash container is full...and I can barely tell that I did anything.

That said, I do have a rock yard...
Hey if the money's right, I'm sure I can convince her to go anywhere. Although I don't think 'Zona is known for their education system. I could be mistaken though.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, my center channel is gone, but I have another one. My receiver is boxed up and awaiting a Fedex pickup so there's a big a$$ hole right in the middle of the stand. Oh yea, and the only things hooked up are the Threshold (connected to the Phils), Outlaw receiver, TV, cable box, and Roku. Sounds like a lot, but is less than half of all the components that used to be hooked up. Tomorrow I have to take a day off work in order to be home to sign for another component that I won't be able to hook up, but Monday or Tuesday everything is coming apart, rearranged and put back together.

You are putting together a really nice system. You are doing it right and will have a system that brings you enormous pleasure, like mine gives me.

I find it interesting that your center 4" module holds its own with today's state of the art. Not bad for a driver designed over half a century ago!

I like mine in my town home system. Dialog is very natural. It is not quite as good as my center here, but the gain on performance comes at an enormous increase in complexity. Yours is a simple as it gets. One wire from the amp to the speaker, no other components.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You are putting together a really nice system. You are doing it right and will have a system that brings you enormous pleasure, like mine gives me.
Thank you, it means a lot coming from someone who has such a revered system from those who have heard it.

I find it interesting that your center 4" module holds its own with today's state of the art. Not bad for a driver designed over half a century ago!

I like mine in my town home system. Dialog is very natural. It is not quite as good as my center here, but the gain on performance comes at an enormous increase in complexity. Yours is a simple as it gets. One wire from the amp to the speaker, no other components.
That's pretty much how I would characterize it. It wasn't quite as good as the center I sold, but it gives me a big chunk of the performance for the majority of listening I do. Surprisingly, I find that it doesn't sound totally off with either pair of towers. I will need a different center in the not too distant future, but only because I'd like one that can handle reference level playback in a larger space. That being said, in the current space, it can get pretty darn loud before it starts to strain.

I'll just be happy when I can get it all put back together. Taking apart 400+lbs worth of amplifiers and components and then putting it all back gets old pretty fast.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
An unintended consequence of all the equipment coming in and going out is that I realized I could comfortable bolster my computer setup and finally hook up the Baby Boomer.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Only two pin AC cord eh? Hook it up already. Is it the same one TLSguy has? Uh...You might need these too:

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
It's nice to see balanced outputs on consumer equipment. Hopefully this is changing standard instead of a fad.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Before:

After (looks a little empty, although I'm sure I'll find something to fill it with ;)):

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I think he's got the 7701, but I could be mistaken. That took forever, but everything is working, the remote is updated, and the speakers are at least level matched. There's still more to do, but it'll have to wait for later in the week.

Only two pin AC cord eh? Hook it up already. Is it the same one TLSguy has? Uh...You might need these too:

Last edited by a moderator:
walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Before:

After (looks a little empty, although I'm sure I'll find something to fill it with ;)):

Alex, it looks great. One thing I was wondering about, what's the color with that center. Did you GF have something to do with that? That Cinepro 1K2 is gonna look good in my rack.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Alex, it looks great. One thing I was wondering about, what's the color with that center. Did you GF have something to do with that? That Cinepro 1K2 is gonna look good in my rack.
You know, I think she just might have ;)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It took a little longer than I hoped it would, but everything is setup as I want it. I got some EQ to the Pierce Audio sub, added the Russound SDB 4.1 to the mix, and incorporated the Anti-mode Dual Core as a stereo RC unit, instead of using it for subEQ. With the Russound in place, I can not only choose which pair of towers to use as the main towers, but also which amp to drive them off of (Cinepro 3K6SE or Threshold). I'm actually curious to see if there's any difference in sound to these high end amps, so I may do a little blind test tomorrow.

One of the big reasons why I wanted the Russound was so that I could switch back and forth between speakers and amplifiers depending on the content being played. BD's like the Abbado concert can be heard on the Phil's with a press of a button instead of the swapping of wires and taking everything apart.

Here is the system response. Blue is before Audyssey. Red is with Audyssey Flat.

Last edited:
G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
It took a little longer than I hoped it would, but everything is setup as I want it. I got some EQ to the Pierce Audio sub, added the Russound SDB 4.1 to the mix, and incorporated the Anti-mode Dual Core as a stereo RC unit, instead of using it for subEQ. With the Russound in place, I can not only choose which pair of towers to use as the main towers, but also which amp to drive them off of (Cinepro 3K6SE or Threshold). I'm actually curious to see if there's any difference in sound to these high end amps, so I may do a little blind test tomorrow.

Here is the system response. Blue is before Audyssey. Red is with Audyssey Flat.

Nice setup. Did you make that TV stand? Looks good. I've been looking for something like that.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nice setup. Did you make that TV stand? Looks good. I've been looking for something like that.
Thanks and yes. My GF's dad helped me and we made it. There are a few things I would have done differently, but some of them can still be added.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis