Finally coming together

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I spy 2 new speakers to the left near the center and clock?
Nah, those are just a pair of EMP E-41Bs I was using with my computer. They are soon to become either heights or wides, I haven't decided which yet.

The picture was mainly to show a rearranging of things. AB 800.2 is out, Aragon is in. The AB will go back in when the dual opposed is done.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thought having a pair of bookshelves gathering dust was a real waste. So up in the air they went.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You need more gear, it's not freaking me out quite enough:D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
The man said "Make another and report back!"...Why are you jibber jabbering? Get to work.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Ok, a TL sub it is. Er... I mean two TL subs it is. Although where I'm going to put a 6 ft tall TL sub or how to ship one is beyond me. Challenge accepted!

Matt34

Matt34

What's the story behind the custom Salks? Went back a few pages but didn't see anything on them.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I've honestly lost track of what all you got going on there, Junior ADTG. :)

It's good to see that your level of audio restraint is like -2 out of a possible 10.
Hey, at least I didn't let Walter talk me into buying a pair of those on wall speakers...........yet.

What's the story behind the custom Salks? Went back a few pages but didn't see anything on them.
Hmm, I'm guessing you mean the towers inside the Phil 3's. The only Salk I have is a slightly customized Salk Songcenter. Those towers were a special order from Source Technology. They're awesome speakers. Not quite like the Phils when it comes to critical music listening, but I definitely give them the edge for HT purposes.

Here's some more info on them.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The only Salk I have is a slightly customized Salk Songcenter.
No modesty is better than false modesty. :p

That center is a snazzy Dennis Murphy designed match to the Phil3's, custom built by Salk especially for YAA. No ... I'm not jealous ... really. :rolleyes:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
No modesty is better than false modesty. :p

That center is a snazzy Dennis Murphy designed match to the Phil3's, custom built by Salk especially for YAA. No ... I'm not jealous ... really. :rolleyes:
Oh come now, I merely made a few small requests prior to it being built to make it a little different from most other Songcenter's you'll find :p :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It took me about an hour and a half today, but I've gotten everything pretty much how I want it for awhile. I had really tame the subwoofers down in order to get everything flat. They still run a little hot, but they were a good 10db higher than everything else during the measurements sweeps at first. If I run the level calibration on the Onkyo the sub channel 1 and 2 now read 65db when everything else reads 75. Needless to say that when you put all the 3 subs I currently have running together they're pretty potent.

The next step is to slowly but surely start getting EQ to the rest of the system. I'm still trying to decide if I want to use something like the MiniDSP Open DRC or to just get something like the 10X10.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
The next step is to slowly but surely start getting EQ to the rest of the system. I'm still trying to decide if I want to use something like the MiniDSP Open DRC or to just get something like the 10X10.
Though I'm a big proponent of 16/44.1 on CDs being perfectly fine for a bit/sample rate, I wouldn't really want to run my preout through a 48khz resample on the way to the amp. In other words, i'd skip past the miniDSP for full range use and go for the 10x10 that does 96khz sampling.

G

Grador

Actually it looks like I lied. The 10x10 only supports 96khz sampling if it's in 2x8 mode.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
The open DRC does 96, but that's $300 per pair of speakers because they only do stereo. I think the 10X10 is my best option/cheapest option. Although I've been rolling around the idea of buying the Dirac software. It's on sale right now, so I'll see if it's still on sale when I'm ready to buy. Hopefully it will be.

G

Grador

The open DRC does 96, but that's $300 per pair of speakers because they only do stereo. I think the 10X10 is my best option/cheapest option. Although I've been rolling around the idea of buying the Dirac software. It's on sale right now, so I'll see if it's still on sale when I'm ready to buy. Hopefully it will be.
The 10x10 is probably the best option, but the idea of that bottleneck in the chain bugs me to go much to go for it personally.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
The 10x10 is probably the best option, but the idea of that bottleneck in the chain bugs me to go much to go for it personally.
I'll have to look more into the Dirac software and see what kind of hardware it requires. Right now the price of the software is almost identical to the price of the 10X10 with plugin.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis