Denon AVR-4520ci has arrived and is installed.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
I would love to see the Denon AVR-4520ci reviewed. I've got a feeling that it will take the heavy weight championship of the world. It might- and probabley will beat everything else out there! It's worth every single penny of it's asking price and then some! Sorry for being openly confident- but let the experts run it against anything out there within its price and then some.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats! It sure does look like a good one. I drooled over that model when it was first being released, but Amazon didn't have any. By the time that they did, I had talked myself into just keeping mine. I sure do envy you and your Audyssey XT32, though. :)

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
My camera is a hi definition cheapo. The alotted size at this posting area is not adequate?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My camera is a hi definition cheapo. The alotted size at this posting area is not adequate?
Congrats on the sweet new Denon 4520. :D

Use Photobucket. You can attach as many images as you want.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now that you're on Photobucket, you can easily paste the image links into your posts and have the pictures show in the posts. For example, I liked this one of yours, so I grabbed the image link for "IMG code" off to the right of the picture and pasted it below.

Again, nice score on the Denon! Are you still using that Outlaw, given the power of the Denon?

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
I am- but it's not necessary. The Denon amp is very capable.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Very nice setup there. DARN I wish I had the money...saliva dripping...Hope you don't mind I fixed your picture a bit:

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I think he misunderstood Audyssey as you thought he only needed to do it for one position. Audyssey will tell you to run it for the maximum positions. The more positions you do the more information Audyssey can collect and figure out how to EQ your room.

I found a short British review on the 4520, the 3080, 3010 and a Pioneer. The reviewer did like the Onkyo's sound and said the Denon is easy to listen to but can use more punch and lack excitement that the 3010 offers, total BS IMO and typical of those reviewers. If you can believe him though then you could say the Denon must sound the warmest or most laid back, so it could a good thing.:D

One thing about Denon is, they use very quiet transformers such that you can hardly hear the hum even if you stick your ear to the enclosure. I can't say the same for other products, not even some high end amps.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i know someone who bought his 4520 recently from ebay.com, it was pretty much a lemon and is not supported by denon warranty.

just a heads up not to buy from ebay

the unit's fans never ran, it would go into protect mode every now and then, it would have crackling sounds (from the speakers) on startup, picture with no sound, etc.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
i know someone who bought his 4520 recently from ebay.com, it was pretty much a lemon and is not supported by denon warranty.

just a heads up not to buy from ebay

the unit's fans never ran, it would go into protect mode every now and then, it would have crackling sounds (from the speakers) on startup, picture with no sound, etc.
I purchased mine from an authorized Denon dealor, Sight and Sound. I registered it with Denon at their site.It came with the 3 year factory warranty. Something that I've learned though, is that products that I have bought without the factory warranty and then purchased a square trade warranty worked out well. Square Trade warranties- rival or surpass the manufacturing warranties in most cases. But, in the case of relatively costly AVR's, I would be leary of any brand without a legitimite warranty.

Surveyor

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
I am- but it's not necessary. The Denon amp is very capable.
P.S. The Outlaw 770 amp gets along very well with the Denon AVR-4520ci. I'm starting to get concerned- I may end up with some DenLaws!:confused:

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
P.S. The Outlaw 770 amp gets along very well with the Denon AVR-4520ci. I'm starting to get concerned- I may end up with some DenLaws!:confused:
As I mentioned before, Denon tend not to hum or hiss regardless of models that have the toroidal or EI core transformers. They also tend to yield good S/N ratio and cross talk numbers.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
As I mentioned before, Denon tend not to hum or hiss regardless of models that have the toroidal or EI core transformers. They also tend to yield good S/N ratio and cross talk numbers.
Peng- I'm a sold on Denon person. I have the Denon AVR-3312ci that won me over big time. It's amps are superb and quite robust. The amps were superb to the extreme on the Denon AVR-A100, also. I'm sure the amps on the Denon AVR-4520ci are easily as superb. The Outlaw Audio 770 amp just has so much headroom and it's noise floor is ultra quiet, also. It is a killer amp! Plus it is so heavy, I dread removing it to sell. The shipping on it would put me in the poor house- if I were to sell it! LOL

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
Peng- I'm a sold on Denon person. I have the Denon AVR-3312ci that won me over big time. It's amps are superb and quite robust. The amps were superb to the extreme on the Denon AVR-A100, also. I'm sure the amps on the Denon AVR-4520ci are easily as superb. The Outlaw Audio 770 amp just has so much headroom and it's noise floor is ultra quiet, also. It is a killer amp! Plus it is so heavy, I dread removing it to sell. The shipping on it would put me in the poor house- if I were to sell it! LOL
In due time, I will use the AVR-4520ci's amps. I will, just to exercise them and see just how good they are. But, I don't expect much difference from the AVR-A100's amps- do you?For the AVR-4520ci's amps to surpass the Outlaw 770 amp is certainly very lofty expectations?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
In due time, I will use the AVR-4520ci's amps. I will, just to exercise them and see just how good they are. But, I don't expect much difference from the AVR-A100's amps- do you?For the AVR-4520ci's amps to surpass the Outlaw 770 amp is certainly very lofty expectations?
All I can say is that my 8 to 9 years old 3805 still sounds as good as my other separate amps but I definitely don't feel it sounds better. I think it is highly unlikely that the 4520 will sound much different, let alone better, than the Outlaw power amps. Once thing for sure, if you push them hard enough, the Outlaw will win.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis