Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Got some Joy of Painting episodes on their way from Amazon. I was too cheap to spend the $1300+ on the full series, so I just got me some mountain painting for ~$30.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I thought making my own ice cream would be a good idea. What a pain.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Reminds me of this quote; "A Canadian is merely an unarmed American with health care."
Sounds like a civilized country to me. Of course you also have really weird TV restrictions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds like a civilized country to me. Of course you also have really weird TV restrictions.
Me thinks it's more to do with the vast population differences, along with the makeup of those numbers.
Along with the fact that Canada's tiny population is spread over a greater area.
Canada's population is only 35 million, while the USA is 315.2 million.

If anyone's a student of psychology. Calhoun did a study "behavioral sink".
How rats in a cage and overcrowding cause social decline......don't get me started.:D

Last edited:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
It's always entertaining when the topics of healthcare and/or gun violence, with regards to the USA, Canada, and the UK are discussed.
Of course it's easier to fund healthcare in countries with tiny populations and low immigration.
List of countries by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fewer acts of violence in the UK and Canada....sure, it's because no one lives there. :D Comparatively speaking.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
It's always entertaining when the topics of healthcare and/or gun violence, with regards to the USA, Canada, and the UK are discussed.
Of course it's easier to fund healthcare in countries with tiny populations and low immigration.
Fewer acts of violence in the UK and Canada....sure, it's because no one lives there. :D Comparatively speaking.
It's also too cold to go outside. Hard to be violent when you are huddled around a fire trying to survive the bitter cold.:D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I would've thought that a larger population could make for cheaper health care, due to economies of scale. :confused: Our system is by no means cheap. It is one of the most expensive in the world. It just looks cheap, looking at it from the US.:D If immigration is a factor, just consider that the immigration rate for Canada is about twice that of the USA, from a per capita perspective - about 250,000 to Canada vs 1,100,000 to the USA, annually.

As for population density, it's somewhat misleading, because the vast majority of Canada's population is clustered withing a few hundred miles of the US border, making the "effective" density much higher than the simple "people/mile^2".

All that said, a lot of people in Canada think we have a peaceful country, only because we live next to the USA.;) If we shared a border with say...some Scandinavian countries, we'd be horrified by the level of violence in this country. Just like a redneck's sex life - it's all relative.:D

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Going on Facebook today you'd think the apocalypse was happening in Edmonton or something. Either learn to dress for the weather or move to Vancouver, haha. It's not THAT bad.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Originally Posted by lsiberian Sounds like a civilized country to me. Of course you also have really weird TV restrictions.
Of course we do ...
- No one is allowed a TV larger than 32".
- Only 4:3 format broadcasts are supported.
- HD means you move closer to the TV, works well in Winter to provide heat.
- Plasma TV's illegal due to igloo melting issues.
- Bluray not supported due to 4:3 format

Restrictions still missing (sadly) ....
- Ban on all US reality shows.

Steve

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Apparently you have never seen 'Kids In The Hall' or 'The Red Green Show'....:D

I've only been as far as Windsor, Ontario and Sarnia, and everyone that I met was civilized. They also had some very good, um, 'oregano'.:cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis