Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Have you tried marking everything as read, to kind of start over so to speak?
I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Btw, it is on Android. I can do the website on my iPad pretty easily (although the older format was easier to read), but it's really small on my phone.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Wow that warmott gotz, boi-shawts and weisiana cod? sweet... Them females are in rough shape, they need about 6 months of strict diet and treadmill, then about $25K worth of stretch mark, cellulite removal, then some decent clothes.... What is this country coming to? I remember when you had to be attractive to get on camera, lol...
Tastes have changed.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I don't have anything boring to write.

(Is that a type of oxymoron?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I took today off from work. I also took apart my Dell all-in-one computer to see if there was another SATA connector on the motherboard to connect a second hard drive. Nope. There's an open connector that has me curious, but nothing to exciting there. No way to add a GPU unless I solder it onto the motherboard...so, no way to add a GPU. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Must be nice :p
Must be nice to surf while you're at work. :p

It doesn't have 3.0. I swapped the stock hard drive with an SSD, and while I have external drives, I wanted to check if I could hook both drive up internally (they are both still in there because they fit in the original hard drive cage). Plus, I was curious about the graphics.

Some of this is part of my should-I-order-a-Mac-Mini-from-Amazon-before-they-start-charging-tax-this-Friday investigation. :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Must be nice to surf while you're at work. :p
Touche! :D

It doesn't have 3.0. I swapped the stock hard drive with an SSD, and while I have external drives, I wanted to check if I could hook both drive up internally (they are both still in there because they fit in the original hard drive cage). Plus, I was curious about the graphics.
Gotcha. Interesting that the cage has room for two drives, but only one SATA port available on the motherboard. Don't suppose it has a spare PATA port you could use for a second internal drive?

Some of this is part of my should-I-order-a-Mac-Mini-from-Amazon-before-they-start-charging-tax-this-Friday investigation. :D
You can't upgrade much on those either, can you?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Gotcha. Interesting that the cage has room for two drives, but only one SATA port available on the motherboard. Don't suppose it has a spare PATA port you could use for a second internal drive?
Well, it isn't a dual-drive cage...the SSD just happens to be thin enough to fit in there with the other one. Now that I think of it, the SSD is kinda taking up what was likely the air gap used for convection. Ah, well.

You can't upgrade much on those either, can you?
Not that I know of, no. Upgrading RAM is a snap. Upgrading the hard drive is doable, but more intensive because you have to disassemble part of it. My brother did both.

EDIT: But, I like that they are nearly silent, and the i7 integrated graphics is better than what I have on my Sandy Bridge i3.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Was trying to find a diagram of the motherboard online - and I just found it in the owner's manual (which means that I saw it sometime last year and forgot about it). I also just found it online.

The empty connector is a "LVDS-cable connector (UMA)" and apparently involves graphics. I don't know yet what, but I'm looking.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
It's gonna feel like -41 in both Celsius and Fahrenheit tomorrow in Edmonton. That makes things easier, no one has to convert :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis