what are you drinking right now ?

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Well, I couldn't wait and had the Oscar's Blues Ten Fidy imperial stout. Pours black with a lot of caramel head. Very interesting complex mix of malty, sweet, chocolate & caramel flavors, maybe some licorice or slightly fruity sweet, smooth and kinda creamy like a milk stout. Great stuff. Only problem is the price. Can't wait to try the scotch ale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I couldn't wait and had the Oscar's Blues Ten Fidy imperial stout. Pours black with a lot of caramel head. Very interesting complex mix of malty, sweet, chocolate & caramel flavors, maybe some licorice or slightly fruity sweet, smooth and kinda creamy like a milk stout. Great stuff. Only problem is the price. Can't wait to try the scotch ale.
The price is ridiculous.
The place by me has it on tap for $9 a twelve oz. pour. I resist have one every time I go, because it will be gone soon.
It's not like the usual stout, it's nice and hoppy too with 98 IBU's.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
You should also check out their purple Sloe gin. The berries are in season around wintertime, but the gin they make with it is an excellent lighter summertime drink IMO; it's around 26% maybe, throw a couple of oz in a collins type of glass, half a lemon's juice, some fizzy water (I prefer Perrier to stuff like San Pellegrino because the carbonation is a lot sharper). It's pretty yummy. Chicks dig it too.
Last weekend, I succumbed to the persuasive power of my own suggestion. BTW, I really meant to say high highball glass, not collins. The wider mouth does affect taste, and hey, you can fit more in there, hehe.

I also sat in for almost a few hours (which was still less than half the session, I had a commitment I could not get out of) during a homebrew session for the first time in my life, I learned a lot, picked brains, took lots of notes. I just received my first brewing book, which I'll get to when I can (concurrently reading 4 books atm, with more waiting in the queue).

This was a very good bacon brown, which they were brewing that day but with some different twists, I think they were experimenting with sage, its amounts, and timing.

I think this was an IPA? It was mellower than I might have expected from them as far as hops, but IPAs are their favorite thing I think. They are three guys all from the food/beverage industry with the dream of opening a brewery in about 5 years. There is brewing going on at this place all the time, one guy tries to get over there twice a week, and the other once a week. They are doing 4 identical batches of IPAs save for exactly where they introduce hops, just to fine tune it. edit: forget it the upload is taking way too long, oh well sorry no pic for now.

Here is a Belgian Tripel, it needs tuning for sure, they haven't put much time into this kind of beer yet. I've been basically invited to come over as often as I like, so I feel pretty fortunate about that.

Here is a pic of the all grain mash tun, just starting to drain, and the first gallon or so will be used for sparging, but I'd need to check my notes to see how much more specific their technique gets.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Getting caught up after a few days, been busy with the kitchen remodel, which is driving me to drink! Been working through the samplers that i got a world market. Had the Oskar's Blues Old Chubb Scotch Ale. It was good, but a victim of expectations. Was expecting a lot after the Ten Fidy and it wasn't at that level. Then Real Ale Brewer's Cut Dry Hopped Porter. Poured with a decent head, surprising for real ale. A hoppy porter. Good, but I like their coffee porter better.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Getting caught up after a few days, been busy with the kitchen remodel, which is driving me to drink! Been working through the samplers that i got a world market. Had the Oskar's Blues Old Chubb Scotch Ale. It was good, but a victim of expectations. Was expecting a lot after the Ten Fidy and it wasn't at that level. Then Real Ale Brewer's Cut Dry Hopped Porter. Poured with a decent head, surprising for real ale. A hoppy porter. Good, but I like their coffee porter better.
Oskar Blues has a nice pale ale that I like a lot.
It's an Ale/IPA comes in cans or on tap.
Give it a try if you see it.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Me and my buddy Snoop Dog Gin and Juice.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
We just started getting Sculpin IPA. Niiiice IPA!

Oskar Blues Deviant Dale's is awesome!

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
We just started getting Sculpin IPA. Niiiice IPA!
Tried some Sculpin IPA with habanero when I visited their brewery. It was an.... interesting experience.

They have a lot of one off specials on tap there, certainly worth checking out if you're in the San Diego area.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
Really like all of Founders stouts.
Haven't had the Bolt Cutter yet. Looks like some high octane stuff, at 15%ABV:eek:
Yup. A buddy of mine shared the Bolt Cutter with me last night. Boy did it sneak up on the both of us...

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Yup. A buddy of mine shared the Bolt Cutter with me last night. Boy did it sneak up on the both of us...
If you like their stouts try the Breakfast stout, or any of them. All very good.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
If you like their stouts try the Breakfast stout, or any of them. All very good.
Currently I have Breakfast Stout, Dirty Bastard, and Backwoods Bastard in the beer fridge and another bottle of Bolt Cutter aging in the basement. :D

Unfortunately, Founders has tap room only small batch brews that are as good or better than what they currently bottle (they really need to bottle some of the experimental stuff). What's somewhat convenient is that Founders is ~2.5 hours from my house.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
For Hop-heads like me,

Find the Russian River Pliny the Elder.....amazing

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Catching up on more of the make your own six packs from world market.... Spread out over several nights

Brooklyn Brewing Dry Irish Stout. Good but not great. Think I prefer the real Irish stouts in the pub draught form. Brooklyn Dry Irish Stout : Brooklyn Brewery

Lagunitas Suck Brown Sugar Substitute Ale. Thought it was weird at first. Got interrupted by the dog, after taking her for a walk thought it was interesting. Maybe I just built up a thirst, or maybe it benefited from a chance to breath for a while. Lagunitas Sucks | Lagunitas Brewing Company

Wasatch Polagamy Porter - Wasatch Brew Pub. Pretty good, not as my hops as the Real Ale dry hopped porter.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Old Speckled Hen Old Speckled Hen Nice English Ale

Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout. Left Hand Brewing Company. Smooth, creamy, sweet. Not actually as flavorful as I was expecting.

Young's Double Chocolate Stout - Young's Double Chocolate Stout | Our Ales | Wells and Young's Brewing Company. Smooth, creamy, nice chocolate flavor, not as strong abv as Brooklyn Black Chocolate as it's not an imperial stout. I'd rate it up there with the Brooklyn though.

Bridgeport Ebenezer Ale - BRIDGEPORT - Drink. Okay, not exceptional.

T

Trev

Audioholic
The Arran Malt - single malt 10 year.

It's had a few nasty words said about it from a few reviews I'd read after the fact, but my taste buds love it just fine for a bottle under $50. Recommended. All the fellas in my office enjoyed it.

Scotch Whisky - The Arran Single Malt

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I had some Weihenstephaner Hefe-Weissbier on Friday and man it was good stuff. I definitely think this one goes on my to drink again list.

This week I mixed my Pyrat rum with some Langers Pineapple Coconut juice 4 oz to 1 oz and man that was really good. I call it the poor man's Pina Colada.

Of course now I'm enjoying my Martini. My gin bottle is running low. :( I think I want to try another type of drink after.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis