what are you drinking right now ?

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Eagle Rare 10 year old bourbon. A great bourbon at 20 or 25 bucks. Much better than Maker's Mark or Wild Turkey. No bite not too sweet.
Hi Dan, have you tried Hirsch or Elmer T Lee? Those are two of my favs. (Not the super expensive top shelf Hirsch, but the stuff that doesn't quite make that grade, and only at 1/10 the cost.) The Elmer has less bite I think, but the Hirsch has a more complex flavor.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Enjoying a paulaner right now. Very smooth for sure.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Glad you're enjoying it. Sometimes I like to squeeze a little lemon in a wheat beer, like you'll see people do with Corona. I've read that's an American thing, but when i was an exchange student in Germany they were doing it. Have to admit I'm not really partial to them. Only in summer when I like a lighter beer.

Not sure if you're aware some beers are bottle conditioned, meaning they have some wort/sugar and yeast added to them before bottling, so that it ferments in the bottle. This settles on the bottom and when you pour you have the choice of mixing it up, or doing smooth pour and stopping, leaving the sediment in the bottom of the bottle.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Glad you're enjoying it. Sometimes I like to squeeze a little lemon in a wheat beer, like you'll see people do with Corona. I've read that's an American thing, but when i was an exchange student in Germany they were doing it. Have to admit I'm not really partial to them. Only in summer when I like a lighter beer.

Not sure if you're aware some beers are bottle conditioned, meaning they have some wort/sugar and yeast added to them before bottling, so that it ferments in the bottle. This settles on the bottom and when you pour you have the choice of mixing it up, or doing smooth pour and stopping, leaving the sediment in the bottom of the bottle.
I read about that after I drank the bottle I make a visit to specs once a week so I figure I'll try something each week and see what I like most. I'm so adventurous I may be trying something different every week for a long time. Funnily enough the Corona commercials are filmed on an island that doesn't serve Corona my brother was on that beach during our cruise and they had no corona. We were on a different beach closer to the ruins. Very nice sand for sure.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I think it's Danish. Maybe we should have some "beer pairings" Like um, Carlsberg/Dynaudio, Fuller's/B&W, Cismontaine/Ascend, La Fin du Monde/PSB, La Baisienne/Focal. :D

That took some thought!:cool: Only problem is getting some Cismontaine in SE PA...:(:)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
PyratRum.jpg
Currently sipping this on the rocks. Definitely a nice flavor.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Nothing exotic, but I am enjoying my Guinness Extra Stout with a little of "The Best of David Bowie" right now.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Nothing exotic, but I am enjoying my Guinness Extra Stout with a little of "The Best of David Bowie" right now.
An oldie but a goody, actually both. From a pub draught can? Those were a big improvement from the bottle. I enjoy watching the bubbles sink down.

Still finishing off leftovers and having a Shiner Holiday Cheer. I like it for a holiday 'flavored' beer. Pecans and peaches give it an unusual flavor.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Robert Mondavi Woodbridge White Zinfandel as I build Ikea Bookshelf for Vinyl setup.:D

mgeoffriau

mgeoffriau

Audioholic Intern
Sipping a Manhattan constructed from Weller, Angostura, and Martini. About to switch to a nice blended red from Spain to go with some spaghetti and meatballs.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Robert Mondavi Woodbridge White Zinfandel as I build Ikea Bookshelf for Vinyl setup.:D
Great to see you getting back in the groove - no pun intended. :D

Some Tap Room No. 21 to start. Not bad, not great. Next will be some Michelob Ultra Cider. Also not bad, not great. :)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Martini time! A Martini a day keeps the doctor at bay. Though I'm really tempted to drink another shot of that rum. That stuff is good. I felt like I was sailing the high seas on a pirate ship.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm enjoying one of the best of brew experiences...the inky blackness of Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout. This stuff is vaporous, thick, has 10% alcohol content, cocoa, raisin and roasted nut overtones and is so dark that you can hold it up to a bright light and see only darkness.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
+1 on the Brooklyn black chocolate stout. I love them. I like the imperial stouts in general and that's good one.

Yesterday I followed up the shiner cheer with Real Ale Coffee Porter. Which is one of my favorites of theirs. None of there beers have a lot head, but that one is tasty.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Coffee. I'm down to my last four or so k-cups (well, k-cup-like pods). I wish that Amazon hadn't changed their subscribe-and-save policy on getting early orders. I might have to *gasp* brew from the ground coffee in the pantry. :)

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Went into World Market while the wife and daughter were shopping at Justice. I've found Breckinridge Oatmeal Stout for $6.99 a six pack so thought I'd look around. They are having a 30% off make you own six packs. I normally find the make your own six pack a rip off, but at 30% off it's not as bad. While looking I recognized Oscar's Blues Ten Fidy that Rickster71 had recommended. They're $16 for a 4 pack, and only 3.99 ea. for the individuals. I put one in a make your own six and got 30% off. Sweet. Also noticed an Old Chub scotch ale from them so I picked that up to try too. That sale ends today if anyone's thinking of it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis