ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Nice Bianchi! The shop were my Wife's bike came from is a dealer, I have always liked their frames.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Well, here's my new bike, about 2 months old. Too dang hot to ride much accept maybe at daybreak. I literally ride till I'm too hot, not till I'm too tired. I hope to have it broke in by the time it cools off, prob end of september. I don't know how to make the pics larger???

Attachments

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Normally, I wouldn't buy tangerine colored hubs but...

Can't beat Chris King Hubs. Nice looking too. I don't have any as they are too spendy for me but I have heard great things about them. Also the Mavic Open Pros. That is what I have with Ultegra Hubs for my commuter bike I rode to work this morning. Bullet Proof.

Looking at your pic. I think I need to clean my chain. It is oily and diry, but it still runs.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Normally I would have called them orange...but that's just me.;)
I'd stick with orange, but note that the hubs pick up the orange accents on the frame, so the unusual orange hubs don't look out of place. From what I have heard, Chris King hubs roll real nice.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nice Bianchi! The shop were my Wife's bike came from is a dealer, I have always liked their frames.
It's a sweet frame....as stiff as I need it to be, but it floats over the cracks and bumps in our heavily traveled streets. The comfort is well worth a couple pounds of weight and it's about a grand cheaper than titanium, the other hero of city streets.

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
Hey all - time to pull this back from the dead!

Why?

Because it's 2013 and its a New Year and I am sure a lot of peeps here got new rides and if not, I am sure more is riding because now the weather is sweet!! Well.... at least here in Central Texas it's sweet!! :D

But I treated myself with a new Tallboy by Santa Cruz. Totally different ride than my Giant Trance for sure!!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Cental TX? Is that Wallnut Creek? Some nice trails out there, and lots of them too.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
I guess I should feel jealous. The weather looks excellent, and I have put the Ibis in hibernation since Thanksgiving, but, many people come here to ski / board. So, I guess you can't have it booth way. But the Tall Boy looks excellent, congrants. Hope you get a chance to break it in there before the weather get too hot to ride.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Sweet Tall Boy! I want to like 29" but just can't make myself even though I see the merits. I have demo'd many of them and even kept the SB95 for an extended demo time. I think 27.5" will be the ticket and will likely try one when Yeti makes their's.

Rain, Rain, Rain here. I had to stay off the road bike for 2 weeks and the MTB for 3 weeks after my surgery and then the cold weather and rain hit. My cardio is going to suck now and I dread it. My last MTB ride I set a personal record and my next one will likely be my slowest...

This was the beautiful day I set my record.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Yeti looks nice, thats a carbon asr5? I like the bigtop 29, Im a hardtail guy, too big for suspension. lol

We went to our local bike shop for the new years sale {best time around here to buy 2012's}, my sons got 2 new verdes {look just like their old ones, just new colors}, and they have a white BMC TE29 for $1700 OTD!!! I almost bought it, but I won't buy a bike with out test riding it and I can't test ride anything rite now with my shoulder apart... but it was sexy.... Large SRAM XO just how I would want it....

He also said he would give me 75% of what I paid for my 5 year old Jammis back towards the BMC, I really should do it, but its different than what Im used to and I dont know if I will like it...

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yeti looks nice, thats a carbon asr5? I like the bigtop 29, Im a hardtail guy, too big for suspension. lol

We went to our local bike shop for the new years sale {best time around here to buy 2012's}, my sons got 2 new verdes {look just like their old ones, just new colors}, and they have a white BMC TE29 for $1700 OTD!!! I almost bought it, but I won't buy a bike with out test riding it and I can't test ride anything rite now with my shoulder apart... but it was sexy.... Large SRAM XO just how I would want it....

He also said he would give me 75% of what I paid for my 5 year old Jammis back towards the BMC, I really should do it, but its different than what Im used to and I dont know if I will like it...
Yep, Carbon ASR5, my wife has the alloy version.

There is something I love about BMC. It will likely be my next road bike.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

I think I also prefer the hard-tail, and I'm also a big guy. When I really needed the power to the wheels on my soft-tail, I could feel the suspension robbing me of some power. Also, on a S/T, for me, I better keep my butt on the seat or I would lose traction.

On my H/T Specialized Carve 29er, I can feel that all my power is getting to the wheel, and I don't seem to lose traction as easily if I want to stand up to get more power.

But, if it's a lot of downhill riding, you just can't beat the soft-tail. I love the feeling of a nice drop and that bike taking all the impact.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I think I also prefer the hard-tail, and I'm also a big guy. When I really needed the power to the wheels on my soft-tail, I could feel the suspension robbing me of some power. Also, on a S/T, for me, I better keep my butt on the seat or I would lose traction.

On my H/T Specialized Carve 29er, I can feel that all my power is getting to the wheel, and I don't seem to lose traction as easily if I want to stand up to get more power.

But, if it's a lot of downhill riding, you just can't beat the soft-tail. I love the feeling of a nice drop and that bike taking all the impact.
I never see an advantage to a HT over a ST but I am between 195-200lbs which may be the difference plus I never stand to climb.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I never see an advantage to a HT over a ST but I am between 195-200lbs which may be the difference plus I never stand to climb.
You probably have a newer bike with better components on your soft-tail than I had too. Mine was a 2000 model and I sold it a couple years ago for the HT bike.

I like both, but I'm also not riding as aggressively as I used to either. Bike crash about 6 years ago and I now have 8 screws and a steel plate in my ankle :eek:

For my rides nowadays, the HT is exactly what I need. I am extremely pleased with my Carve.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Yep, Carbon ASR5, my wife has the alloy version.

There is something I love about BMC. It will likely be my next road bike.

I may get that BMC, I think I will like it, but I don't want to risk even riding around the parking lot with my shoulder, Im 6'5" 280lbs, and most of my weight is from 4" above my belly button and up to my neck, so when Im on a bike my shoulders and wrists are taking the punishment. I've gone this far with the recovery, I hate to rip it apart now and do it all over.... I honestly probably won't be able to ride until next season so thats over a year from now.... I do miss it, and I don't know why but my wife got me a new pair of sidi's for xmass, kind of like rubbing it in that she still rides {well not now, its 3 degrees out but last year}...

your wifes alloy model looks better to me, lol... the cost of carbon for a weekender like me doesn't make sense, my wife has a few bikes but she loves this carbon Haro she has, its a hard tail, but she is amazing on it, she wheelies further than my kids on that thing, its funny to watch, this little 100lb doll doing wheelies on a mtb for a telephone pole length lol.... I showed her how to do endo's to but she isnt comfortable with them, she says if she falls wheelying she lands on her but where she has cushion {or thinks she does}, but if she goes over the bars she lands on her face and then I'll leave her, lol {she says that but she knows Ill never leave her... unless it was really bad, jk}

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis