Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That looks like a lot of work. It's got to be cutting into your drinking time. :eek:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Got rid of a couple of chainrings and running a 1x9 now. Much better and lighter.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I was jealous...so I tried to imitate, but I don't have as much game as the dawg does. So I had to go alloy and plain ASR. But I'd love to have an ASR-5C, someday...someday...

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
So, can you climb up all the steep stuff with a 1 x 9?

I'm not sure if that would work here in Utah, but the idea is intriguing.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai

It's actually a 2x9 with a bash guard. 11-34 XTR cassette, and Race Face Turbine 24/36 rings.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I was jealous...so I tried to imitate, but I don't have as much game as the dawg does. So I had to go alloy and plain ASR. But I'd love to have an ASR-5C, someday...someday...

Nice man!.......

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord

I live in Texas so our climbs are more the short, steep, tech type. The longest constant climb is probably less than 1 mile.

...but...to answer your question "yes and no".

I am always the best climber out of our group but about 2 months ago, 2 of my buddies changed to 2x10's and all of the sudden, I was the 3rd best climber.

Would you like to guess what happened next?

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
sexay!

XTR has always looked good...Shimano has always done a good job designing that line.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
sexay!

XTR has always looked good...Shimano has always done a good job designing that line.
Their new rear derail is awesome. See the little gold switch? It's like gold. Dead silent, I mean no chain slap at all now.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, my garage now has 2 road bikes, 2 full squish 26" and 1 HT 29".

For some reason the wife and I are training for a mini-triathlon. It should be interesting since I can't run and she can't swim. I hope my biking will make up some lost time on the run and swim. Her running should make up for her swimming and she is fast on a bike.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Looks nice. I'm almost in the same boat.

I got a new full squishy. Ibis, 2 HT, 2 Road Bikes, 1 cruiser, 1 tagalong bike, 5 kids bikes. The garage is getting too full. I need to figure out a way to keep the bike stored and keep the garage organized. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. Bikes are great way to exercise the body and mind, and it keeps the kids off the couch as well.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Squishy? What the hell's squishy about a bike?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Squishy? What the hell's squishy about a bike?
Do you ride? Once you ride a hard tail and then a full suspension, you'll know what he means :)

Looks nice. I'm almost in the same boat.

I got a new full squishy. Ibis, 2 HT, 2 Road Bikes, 1 cruiser, 1 tagalong bike, 5 kids bikes. The garage is getting too full. I need to figure out a way to keep the bike stored and keep the garage organized. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. Bikes are great way to exercise the body and mind, and it keeps the kids off the couch as well.
I just use hooks from the rafters. Keeps them off the floor, but then I hit my head on them instead :)

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
I just use hooks from the rafters. Keeps them off the floor, but then I hit my head on them instead :)
I have a super high garage 15 - 18' I will have to investigate this. This will make things great for storage.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, those are pretty much the same hooks I use. $2-3 at most hardware stores.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, those are pretty much the same hooks I use. $2-3 at most hardware stores.
Yep, I think I got them for a buck each. I taped extra pipe insulation on them for more padding but I doubt that they really needed it.

BTW, her new road bike came in last night, glad to get it a few days early.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
I used a string and pulley system for awhile which would work for your high ceilings but it was a hassle for me so I just changed it out to a single hook that I place the nose of the seat into.

So, that is the $1.50 hook at Lowes / HD? That could work for the winter, when the kids and the wife isn't riding, but do the pulleys work that well?

They look OK, but I'm always worried that they could come off and fall on someoone or the car. We have a 1 car garage that is deep, tall and not too wide.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis