Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
But, yeah - that's probably the last time that I cook that stuff. The bag was on $3.50, and it wasn't that awesome.

The oatmeal was really quite good, though.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
I did say that I was living on the edge. :p
True enough but sometimes forbidden is over the edge. :)

Steve

P.S. Tried any sticky (sushi) rice in it yet? I eat a fair bit of rice and just have a real cheap-o (non-stick) rice cooker which works really well. Not sure what moving up to a more expensive one would do for me. :confused:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know the details about rice cookers, really. For the brand that I bought, more money gets more features and/or more capacity. Mine has a timer that I'm trying out tonight. I have it set to have my oatmeal ready at 6:30am tomorrow. It will keep it warm for me if Niki doesn't have me up by then.

I thought that soaking it got rid of all the stains, but once I dried it off, some were still there. Dang. Perhaps the steam from the oatmeal will help.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry, forgot to answer about the sushi rice. I haven't tried it, but I'm sure that I will. I almost bought some today, but I went for the now-annoying forbidden rice because the bag was much smaller.

Do you wash yours before cooking?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Wait - isn't that what one of your new toys is for? I thought that you'd be all ready to give it a try. :)

Geese. I'm stuffed full of rice and oatmeal because I had to try out that new rice cooker. Sure, sure...I could have thrown it away. But that's not how I roll. And by roll, it's going to be literally pretty soon.

As for the comment about using mommy's SUV...my jealousy wants me to make fun of you. :D
No no, the cuts are only so I can fit the pieces of MDF in the SUV. I still have to make additional cuts with the new table saw anyways, but I can't fit 2, 4 X 8 pieces of MDF in the SUV otherwise I'd make all the cuts myself. If it hadn't snowed twice this week I'd be able to take the pickup truck and just cart two whole pieces home.

As for jealously, I am jealous of that rice cooker. The last one I had was absolutely horrible. Then again it was free so can't complain too much :D

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
I don't know the details about rice cookers, really. For the brand that I bought, more money gets more features and/or more capacity. Mine has a timer that I'm trying out tonight. I have it set to have my oatmeal ready at 6:30am tomorrow. It will keep it warm for me if Niki doesn't have me up by then.

I thought that soaking it got rid of all the stains, but once I dried it off, some were still there. Dang. Perhaps the steam from the oatmeal will help.
Adam wheres the new review?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Adam wheres the new review?
Give me some time. :D I've had it for about 28 hours. :)

I also focus more on reviewing items from the Vine program (which this isn't) because I have to review those. I will review this, though, because I'm pretty happy so far. Well, assuming that I figure out how to remove those stains.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Give me some time. :D I've had it for about 28 hours. :)

I also focus more on reviewing items from the Vine program (which this isn't) because I have to review those. I will review this, though, because I'm pretty happy so far. Well, assuming that I figure out how to remove those stains.
Did I read you have a review in the making?
Why you no post it for us!!!
And lid less review :D

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Just got back from xmas with the family. Had an absolute blast. I'm completely over the flu but I only ate 1/3 of my regular holiday dinner, which was quite disappointing :( guess it'll take some time for my appetite to fully come back.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Just got back from xmas with the family. Had an absolute blast. I'm completely over the flu but I only ate 1/3 of my regular holiday dinner, which was quite disappointing :( guess it'll take some time for my appetite to fully come back.
Good to hear your back on track and eating real food again

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Sorry, forgot to answer about the sushi rice. I haven't tried it, but I'm sure that I will. I almost bought some today, but I went for the now-annoying forbidden rice because the bag was much smaller.

Do you wash yours before cooking?
When I'm making rice for a meal, like for a bed to dump stir fry on, usually not but I do give it a quick rinse for making sushi. If you don't rinse it I find you'll get a slight browning to the rice on the bottom, especially so if you don't add enough water.

Steve

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Geese. I'm stuffed full of rice and oatmeal because I had to try out that new rice cooker. Sure, sure...I could have thrown it away. But that's not how I roll. And by roll, it's going to be literally pretty soon.
Maybe it's the multiple birds that made you feel so full.:D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I cook rice fairly often and I've found no alternative to using an abrasive to clean of the starch residue. Steel wool, baking soda, etc.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I cook rice fairly often and I've found no alternative to using an abrasive to clean of the starch residue. Steel wool, baking soda, etc.
When I do the dishes...after vacuuming :D
We get a pack of sponges from Costco that have the sponge on one side & green abrasive pad on the other.
They work well. I even use them on the SS grill in the spring.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
When I do the dishes...after vacuuming :D
We get a pack of sponges from Costco that have the sponge on one side & green abrasive pad on the other.
They work well. I even use them on the SS grill in the spring.
I use something similar. I started getting the "natural" cleaning pads from Scotch-Brite instead of the green ones, but they're about the same.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Soak the lid in vinegar.
Thanks. I learned that trick with a stainless steel pot that I got recently. I thought it was junk because it stained just from boiling water on the first use, but after putting a little vinegar in the water - bam, spotless. It truly is amazing to me. I thought about using it on the lid, but I wasn't sure if it was as effective when cold.

As for the arsenic - good info. I saw yesterday about arsenic in rice from Texas, but I hadn't thought about it being more widespread. I really don't eat enough rice for it to affect me, I don't think. For example, I don't even remember when I bought and put the bag of brown rice in my freezer that was there this weekend. I do know that I bought it at the same time as some white rice that I threw out after a bag of dog food had bugs in it that spread through the pantry - a dog food that I haven't purchased in, yikes, probably over two years. I think that I made white rice once. :eek: :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I have a 24" monitor on its way. I know that it's supposed to get here Friday, but I keep checking the UPS tracking anyway just in case. I think that the word you're searching for is, "Loooserrrr." :D

I had another package that was scheduled to get here last Thursday-ish, but it showed up early on Monday. So, a man can dream. :)

Btw, a big hats off to UPS this season. They suspended their delivery guarantees until after Christmas because they had so much volume, but that package that arrived early on Monday was delivered by two UPS guys in a Penske rental truck. Maybe they just had a truck break down on my route, but I'm assuming that they rented trucks to help deal with all the extra deliveries that were needed.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
I think today could be a very good day for me... I might be buying a new receiver (Sony STR-DG710), and selling my old receiver and sub for $300. But I'm gonna be left without a sub for a while until I get a new enclosure built and order a new infinity 1260w :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis