Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
:eek: But, that spell is forbidden!

:D

Btw, you gave me my 8000th thanks. Thanks!
You're welcome! :D

I wonder if there's a way to tell what percentage of my thanks have come from the Steam Vent versus actually giving worthwhile advice...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My (first) random thought of the day:
I've got one. I was daydreaming this morning before getting up, and I was imagining the scenario in which a group of people starting pounding on my front door (see...not my back door...weirdos :p) at about 6am. I went to the door to find out what was going on, but I didn't open it. They said that they were a bunch of concerned citizens that were there to kill Niki in order to prevent the Mayan prophecy. As they continued to try to break down my front door, I then ran to get my gun and call 911, but the entire thought process led me to the conclusion that my current gun setup (that is based on being able to get to it fairly fast, but not immediately) probably isn't the best. I might just have to start putting guns around the house. You know, for when the end-of-the-world nutjobs start trying to break down my front door.

I'm not sure which smileys to use on that one, given that I know it sounds crazy, but I'm partially serious. I'll just go for full coverage. :cool: :eek: :rolleyes: :p ;) :D :eek: :( :)

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I've got my firearms locked away in the bedroom for emergencies, but I do keep pepper spray in a few spots. Actually grabbed it last night since I got a delivery from Parts Express at 8:30PM from a Budget rental truck.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
It's not letting me quote for some reason but in regards to Adams gun fever dream :p....

As a Canadian, I can't relate to this at all. Probably less than 5% of the people I know own guns, with most of the ones that I do know having a single hunting rifle :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
As a Canadian, I can't relate to this at all. Probably less than 5% of the people I know own guns, with most of the ones that I do know having a single hunting rifle :p
Well, I also think about grabbing one of my several kitchen knives if someone breaks in and I'm in the kitchen (next to the door). But, come on, this was a MOB trying to stop the apocalypse. It called for something a little stronger. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Niki found a run-over bunny on her walk this morning, and I let her grab it. I don't always let her do it, but I know it had been there less than 24 hours (probably much less), and it's been cold out so it wouldn't have spoiled. They are one of her all-time favorite things. We ran/jogged for two blocks home, and she snacked on it in the backyard. I finally went out and took the remainder from her (maybe 20% was left) because she'd had enough.

majorloser

majorloser

Just when I'm in the market to buy a new toy, there's a rush by the current administration to ban guns. I can't even find a place willing to take orders. :mad:

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Well, I also think about grabbing one of my several kitchen knives if someone breaks in and I'm in the kitchen (next to the door). But, come on, this was a MOB trying to stop the apocalypse. It called for something a little stronger. :D
Ha, I meant more along the lines of owning several guns. If the world goes to hell, I'll be wishing for a size able gun collection :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just ate an orange off the tree out back. Pretty tasty. They aren't sweet, yet, but I picked it last night as I was covering the tree before a freeze. I figured that I wanted to have at least one in case I lost another crop like I did a couple of years ago after a freeze.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My firearms will be ready to go tomorrow, but realistically just as a precaution against stupid people who might do stupid things. I was at the gun store yesterday and I don't think I've ever seen it that busy. I have plenty of ammo.

I said it on another forum yesterday, but

So we are saying that because the Mayans figured 2012 was far enough out to carve on their STONE calendar and figured they wouldn't have to HAND CARVE another one for a few hundred years, that means the world will end? That's like saying the world will end because my 2012 calendar ends at Dec 31.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
So we are saying that because the Mayans figured 2012 was far enough out to carve on their STONE calendar and figured they wouldn't have to HAND CARVE another one for a few hundred years, that means the world will end?
Seems perfectly reasonable to me :confused:

Of course, frankly I was happy to survive 1999 after watching the insightful documentary End of Days. It's amazing how close to the brink we were that time.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Of course, frankly I was happy to survive 1999 after watching the insightful documentary End of Days. It's amazing how close to the brink we were that time.
Yeah, but that was just silly reasoning based on someone modifying when year zero was on a calendar sometime back in the middle ages. This s**t is REAL, man. :eek: People can try to rationalize that the Mayans thought carving 500 years into the future was good enough, or that they were lazy...but those stepped-pyramid-building folks knew their stuff.

As for the people who argue that the Mayans saw this as the beginning of a great time, think about it. They bowled human heads. If them thinking this is going to be a good time isn't a big stone banner for "the zombies shall arise," I don't know what is...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Here is the thing: their calendar cycles just like ours. All it means is tomorrow the calendar resets, sort of like Jan 1. Once again, as with all things, PEOPLE (those same stupid ones who don't seem to have anything better to do) are the reason for the uproar.

As for the people who argue that the Mayans saw this as the beginning of a great time, think about it. They bowled human heads. If them thinking this is going to be a good time isn't a big stone banner for "the zombies shall arise," I don't know what is...
LOL, someone on another forum said "They saw the end of the world but couldn't see the Spanish coming?"

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like a nice one. I like the half hand guard half rail. Fold down sights. The stock looks like a Magpul, but has their logo on it. I really like the Magpul stocks, but the nicer ones are pretty pricey.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis