What are you watching tonight?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now...Friends on blu-ray. It arrived from Amazon in the U.K. yesterday (it was a bonus blu-ray day for me :)).

It's hard to believe that show started over 18 years ago.

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
Season 2 of Sherlock on Netflix, the Hound of the Baskervilles.

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
That one scared the s**t out of me. :eek:

Great series, though. :)
I've probably seen more than my share of Sherlock Holmes movies (what can I say, my Dad is a sucker for old British movies of all types) but the new series is great!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now...Friends on blu-ray.
I'm surprised at the number of poor reviews on Amazon for this set, but I guess that a lot of folks are disappointed that the blu-rays aren't the extended versions from the DVDs. I, for one, am ecstatic that they are the original broadcast releases. It's the reason that I bought the set.

If you liked Friends and want the original releases, then I highly recommend getting the blu-ray set. If you want the extended versions, then this isn't for you.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Currently watching Braveheart blu ray, may watch another 1 or 2 movies later. the benefits of a sick day :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Sandy 12-12-12 Concert on ION channel.:(:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Received Avengers and Prometheus today from Netflix. Should be a good evening! Just need the pizza to get here.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Received Avengers and Prometheus today from Netflix. Should be a good evening! Just need the pizza to get here.
Have you seen The Avengers before? I really enjoyed it. Oh, and I'm jealous of the pizza. :p

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Have you seen The Avengers before? I really enjoyed it.
No, this will be the first time watching both films. Just finished Prometheus. I'll spare you guys a long drawn out review; suffice it to say having watched Alien a few times (own it actually), it seems like just a modern rehash; I had hoped for a little more.

Oh, and I'm jealous of the pizza. :p
What pizza? There is no pizza here, only an empty box (actually three...not the first pizza I've had this week).

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
I guess it's not tonight, but last night...A Royal Affair. I don't know exactly why we saw this, except that it was close to dinner and had the right time slot. This movie is in Danish with subtitles. Way back in the 1700's the King of Denmark (Christian VII) was quite a nut cake. His court handlers made all the decisions themselves and, BTW, also kept Denmark back in the 12th century. Enter the German, somehow picked to be the King's MD. He brings not only pills but progressive ideas, takes over managing the King's life and squeezes out the court handlers, who are NOT HAPPY. Things change in Denmark, but, alas, it's not to be, not for a while anyway.

This is a true story, lavishly decorated and costumed, beautifully shot and well acted. I don't know any of the actors and my Danish is a little rusty, but, I found myself surprisingly engaged. It's the only Danish language film I have seen this month and, keeping my mind open, I ended up enjoying it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No, this will be the first time watching both films. Just finished Prometheus. I'll spare you guys a long drawn out review; suffice it to say having watched Alien a few times (own it actually), it seems like just a modern rehash; I had hoped for a little more.
A lot of people said they didn't like this one. I thought it was well done. Similar formula yes, but I liked where it started to lay things out in preparation for Alien.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis