GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder how the NHT Three bookshelf speaker compares to my 1.5s.
Trying to get this train wreck of a thread back on the rails?:D

OK, I'll play along.;) However, I don't have much to contribute - I've never seen a NHT speaker, much less heard one.:p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm returning the Panamax M4300 that I ordered. As soon as I plugged it in, there was a rather loud hum. I know, I know...I'm starting to sound like a broken record. :eek: However, from what I've read online from other buyers, this is not normal. It should be silent.

I'm not too disappointed, though. The readout on the front is pretty bright, and there's no button to dim it. I don't feel like covering the voltage readout with tape.

Also, whatever noise my Belkin was making (which I could only hear when I was up next to it), I haven't heard it again. Still makes me wonder if it's going out, though.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'm returning the Panamax M4300 that I ordered. As soon as I plugged it in, there was a rather loud hum. I know, I know...I'm starting to sound like a broken record. :eek: However, from what I've read online from other buyers, this is not normal. It should be silent.

I'm not too disappointed, though. The readout on the front is pretty bright, and there's no button to dim it. I don't feel like covering the voltage readout with tape.

Also, whatever noise my Belkin was making (which I could only hear when I was up next to it), I haven't heard it again. Still makes me wonder if it's going out, though.
You should have bought a used one. Then you know it's been proven.:D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

See you should've gotten an APC. It dims and shuts off the display and, IMHO, they look cooler :D

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
them are speaker level inputs incase you use a receiver that doesn't have rca line level outputs.. they have no power unless you plug it into there inside, and then your speakers into the outside.. In other words you have a 2.1 system and you dont have any rca outputs just a receiver that has l and r speaker level outputs. you plug them outputs from your rec into the sub, then plug your speakers into the other side of the sub, acting like a transfer station and stealing the signal o reproduce and amplify on it own...
Okay, thanks. I knew I was missing something

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned

Adam could your receiver be making your amps put this noise out cause you've now had 2 or 3 do this

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan

I didn't go back to read previous posts, and if the voltage readout belongs to the unit that you are about to return, ignore the following: try window tint. If you're lucky you might be able to pick up free scraps somewhere, I suppose an auto tint place. I bought a roll for I dunno $15ish from HD years ago, and of course it's enough for 100 HT systems. You won't be able to layer more than one, so try to get pick the right darkness. I use the stuff everywhere. Blocks IR though.

If you are lazy and/or unsuccessful at finding free bits, and/or are too cheap to buy any, hit me up by PM and I could probably send one envelope's worth to you in the nearish future.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Adam could your receiver be making your amps put this noise out cause you've now had 2 or 3 do this
Thanks, but no. The Panamax hummed when nothing was plugged into it (in fact, I never plugged anything into it). My Belkin has been fine for years, but I noticed a noise a couple of weeks ago, so I started looking around.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Thanks, but no. The Panamax hummed when nothing was plugged into it (in fact, I never plugged anything into it). My Belkin has been fine for years, but I noticed a noise a couple of weeks ago, so I started looking around.
Hmm Im lose for idears that could course these issues other then bad equipment being sold :( how did you go with the last nasty bit of gear?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
how did you go with the last nasty bit of gear?
Sorry for the late response, and thanks for asking. I haven't heard back from Discover. The investigation is still ongoing. Makes me a bit nervous that it's taking so long, but it's nowhere near the 30-day limit, yet.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry for the late response, and thanks for asking. I haven't heard back from Discover. The investigation is still ongoing. Makes me a bit nervous that it's taking so long, but it's nowhere near the 30-day limit, yet.
I would contact a lawyer :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah...and sue you for telling me it would take two days. :D

It's $1000. Not worth the hassle.
You have the money back don't ya? Discover is usually good to deal with, did you upload all the info, and return the amp? and give them tracking info? If you do all of that, you will not have an issue... If you do need a lawyer, I have 2 on annual retainers. Just $350 an hour, so as long as they can sort it out in 12 minutes it will be worth it...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You have the money back don't ya? Discover is usually good to deal with, did you upload all the info, and return the amp? and give them tracking info? If you do all of that, you will not have an issue... If you do need a lawyer, I have 2 on annual retainers. Just $350 an hour, so as long as they can sort it out in 12 minutes it will be worth it...
I didn't return it - I told them that I was waiting on their decision before I returned it. I'm not sending the amp back if they're going to let the guy keep his money.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll send another note to remind them and make that really clear.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis