Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
its weird... i usually hate dubstep.. but ive been having some The Chillstep Internet Radio playing for 6 hours now and i like it.... im not like actively listening to it but ive just been having it playing at kinda low volume... and its relaxing :eek: i actually fell asleep for a while and it was a very nice nap :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm hopeful that I finally fixed the cold water line in my kitchen after jacking it up earlier this week. After I installed the new faucet and filter system, and then took out the leaky plastic POS T-joint that came with the filter system and left only the faucet hooked up, the cold water valve wouldn't close anymore. Long story short, somehow a rubber ring broke into pieces, blocked the valve from closing, and got into the water line and nozzle of my new faucet. Sweet. I got a new cold water valve and metal T-joint this afternoon, and after about two hours of working on it, I think…hope…that the leaks are gone.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
As silly as I initially felt ordering a shower filter - it's freaking awesome. I don't have a water softener, and while the filter doesn't achieve the same level of mineral reduction as a softener would, it is a noticeable difference.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
As silly as I initially felt ordering a shower filter - it's freaking awesome. I don't have a water softener, and while the filter doesn't achieve the same level of mineral reduction as a softener would, it is a noticeable difference.
I bet that feels wonderful on your vagina. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh yeah, the real reason I am here is to say that my EC solution just arrived.

It's hard to explain but what a relief!

Bye.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
What's that?
I'm not running 120V and cable into the box (entertainment center) from inside the wall. It will come out of the wall on the ManTown side to be fed into the box via the power center cord and a normal enough RG6 Quad run through wire grommets. It will be on the side of the box that you don't see from the door and I won't have to worry about weird hardware and conduit or anything like that. The inside of the box won't have any of that visible near the front.

Once it hit me I was like, "Oh ... " :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Long story short, somehow a rubber ring broke into pieces, blocked the valve from closing, and got into the water line and nozzle of my new faucet.
After inspecting the hardware, that rubber ring was from the original cold water shutoff valve. The one and only time that I closed it was just too much for it. Eh, it's fixed now, and I've got a nice 1/4 turn valve in there now.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
After inspecting the hardware, that rubber ring was from the original cold water shutoff valve. The one and only time that I closed it was just too much for it. Eh, it's fixed now, and I've got a nice 1/4 turn valve in there now.
If that's all you got I'm going to go back to work on my living room. Thanks for nothin'. :p

:D

Good luck out there. I'd hate to think any of you are gonna get wet ... Rob, Rick, Doug, Rich ... etc. ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If that's all you got I'm going to go back to work on my living room. Thanks for nothin'. :p
All I got? Not at all. :) I should have pics of my new amp later on. I threw up pictures of my new faucets yesterday, but clearly no one else was impressed as I was. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Another quick episode from Tales of the Douche.

My neighbor, the one that is a douche (hence, the series title), goes for walks in the morning about the same time as Niki and I do. He will half-a** wave back when I wave at him, but he doesn't say anything. On Thursday morning, though, he decided to speak. Angrily. "Hey, did you see what one of your dog-walking buddies did on my front yard?" He was all p*ssed, and by his wording ("one of your...buddies"), had decided to connect me to whatever it was that had him mad. Someone had let their dog go to the bathroom on his yard and hadn't picked it up. That always makes me mad, but I pick it up and move on. My neighbor isn't like that. Last time it happened, he shoveled it onto the street where cars ran over it.

Niki and I finished our walk, and on the way up the street to our house, I see my neighbor blowing off his driveway (a rare occurrence), and there's a pile right in the middle of the sidewalk. I walk up and ask, "That's where it was?" I knew it wasn't. He replied, "No, it was in my yard. I put it there so that everyone can enjoy it." D*o*u*c*h*e. "That's nice of you," I said sarcastically and walked away. One more thing - he put it on the sidewalk right on the border between our yards, so now he could claim that it was as much my responsibility to pick it up and it was his.

After we went inside, I saw him back out there with his shovel. Ahhh, maybe he was going to stop acting like a five-year-old and pick it up. Nope. I don't know what he did. Maybe moved it closer to my yard. He left in his car, and it was still there. Before I left for work, someone else had pushed it off the sidewalk into the rocks.

I picked it up Friday morning. I only waited because Friday was trash day and I didn't want it in my trash can all day.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
All I got? Not at all. :) I should have pics of my new amp later on. I threw up pictures of my new faucets yesterday, but clearly no one else was impressed as I was. :D
I missed the pic's. I've yanked the face ... I'm going in deep. :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I missed the pic's.
They were in my theater thread. Here they are:

The decanter in the background of the second photo (and the tea bottle, too) is actually full of carpet cleaner solution. :) The original bottles were leaking, and I got tired of having them on the counter top, so I put the cleaners into those bottles last weekend when I was cleaning the sink and counter. I just haven't moved them, yet.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Another quick episode from Tales of the Douche.
Well clearly as the representative of dog owners everywhere, it was in fact, your fault :p

*Writes note to remember to make another run by Adam's neighbors house*

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I should stop procrastinating and go to the grocery store. I want to pick up some ham for Niki's lunch...and some beer for me tonight. Oh, yeah...and some coffee for my new espresso maker! I forgot about that.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well clearly as the representative of dog owners everywhere, it was in fact, your fault :p

*Writes note to remember to make another run by Adam's neighbors house*
:D

Along that line of thinking, I should blame him for every douchey thing that someone does.

majorloser

majorloser

Gotta laugh........

The amateur plumber can get his home improvement job done over one weekend, but the professional carpenter can't seem to finish his entertainment center job over the past couple months.

just saying.

and NTTAWWT.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The amateur plumber can get his home improvement job done over one weekend...
Sadly, it took me a second to figure out who you were talking about. :eek:

Maybe I should pick up some ginseng along with that beer today...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis