B&W 802D: 3rd Time's a Charm on Friday the 13th

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Speaking of fondling speakers, one of my wife's aunt and her husband came over the other day. The uncle came into my room and started touching and fondling all my speakers, placing his hand on the speaker grilles and all that. :eek:

In an attempt to tactfully get him to get his damn dirty paws off my speakers, I informed him how much these speakers cost (MSRP).

Then he attempted to physically pick up my KEF 201/2 and tried to move/ push the Salon2 to see "how heavy" they are! :eek:

The nerve of this guy. Realizing this guy is really dense and did not get my message to keep his hands off my speakers, I then turned off my system and turned off the lights. He finally got the message.

How do you guys feel about someone doing that to your speakers?

All I can say is, next time this guy comes over my house, I will be locking my HT room! :eek:
Along these lines, I once saw a reporter interviewing BB King. The idiot reporter asked BB if he could strum on BB's guitar (Lucille). BB asks the reported if he has a woman and the reporter looks confused and says "yes". BB says "I don't ask to play with your woman do I?" Freaking classic.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just talked to B&W dealer. ETA on 802D2 gloss black is next Monday.

I really don't want any non - Audioholics / non-audiophiles around them.

One time this idiot guy (husband of my wife's best friend) attempted to place his drink on top of the Salon2. Can you guys believe that? :eek:

Of course, I told him "NO" before that happened. But the nerve of these people. Unbelievable.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I get really mad when people place drinks on $150 speakers (and I let them know, very quickly and clearly, just how mad I am). I'd probably have an aneurysm if somebody put their hands on my fictional $22k speakers :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I get really mad when people place drinks on $150 speakers (and I let them know, very quickly and clearly, just how mad I am). I'd probably have an aneurysm if somebody put their hands on my fictional $22k speakers :D
One time my sister in-law placed a bottle of shampoo and wet bath towel on top of the P362. I was kind of angry too. :D

She received my wrath about that. :D

Now I'm worried about the Phil3 sitting next to the P362. :eek:

I'll probably place a little cover on top of them. Maybe a 17" x 17" polyester napkin or something?

Any ideas?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
A friend of mine is very protective with her sports car, and she bought little orange cones to remind people to keep their distance when she parks it. :) That gave me the idea of buying some for when we entertain. I already place reminder signs on the equipment not to place food or drinks on it (I can't watch the system constantly), but I am thinking about orange cones. :) I've also been contemplating a hand truck so that I can move the Salon 2s against the wall easily, to further discourage temptation.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
One time my sister in-law placed a bottle of shampoo and wet bath towel on top of the P362. I was kind of angry too. :D

Now I'm worried about the Phil3 sitting next to the P362. :eek:

I'll probably place a little cover on top of them. Maybe a 17" x 17" polyester napkin or something?

Any ideas?
Baby gate them in :D 4' radius at all times.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan

That crosses a line of basic consideration. A very serious discussion would follow, if it happened in my house. It pisses me off just to think about that.

I'm glad you posted this stuff. I've been getting a little trusting lately. I need to quit that. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That crosses a line of basic consideration. A very serious discussion would follow, if it happened in my house. It pisses me off just to think about that.

I'm glad you posted this stuff. I've been getting a little trusting lately. I need to quit that. :)
I tell people owning luxury cars stressed me out because I was always worried about door dings and such. I said I didn't have to worry about my speakers since they're inside my house and protected. Not completely true. :D

I guess we just can't be too careful when other people are around.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Just talked to B&W dealer. ETA on 802D2 gloss black is next Monday.

I really don't want any non - Audioholics / non-audiophiles around them.

One time this idiot guy (husband of my wife's best friend) attempted to place his drink on top of the Salon2. Can you guys believe that? :eek:

Of course, I told him "NO" before that happened. But the nerve of these people. Unbelievable.
Shock collars for all guests from now on! :D
That should do it.

I've seen some pics (I think a while back on this forum) of a guy that had a locking equipment rack to keep out kids and drunk guests. Doesn't help on the speakers, but a good idea none the less.

Yeah, another nice thing on the Goldenears is that the top cap is slightly curved and tilts at an angle. You really CAN'T sit anything on top of it. HT mag even mentions this fact in their review on the Tritons.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Yeah, I'm pretty defensive of my equipment too. And when I mention MSRP that usually does the trick. The only piece of equipment that is off limits to everyone (girlfriend included) is my turntable. She didn't like being banned from the TT, but when I told her the cost and explained how delicate it is and the effort to set it up correctly, she began to understand. Also, record collecting is a hobby and my collection is not to be touched by anyone but me.

But yeah, if someone didn't get the hint pretty quickly, then I would not be tactful in telling them to step away from the speakers.
Have her sign up here and I'll tell her she isn't missing much SQ wise vs a good solid streamer :D

Guess what the first thing to get trashed if she gets pissed at you and decides to take off.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I tell people owning luxury cars stressed me out because I was always worried about door dings and such. I said I didn't have to worry about my speakers since they're inside my house and protected. Not completely true. :D

I guess we just can't be too careful when other people are around.
What really gets me rather irksome is the idiot that parks his Mercedes E series across two parking spots closest to the store.

If you are that concerned park it out in BFE and walk. Unfortunately I lost control of my grocery laden, high speed, cart like three times.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What really gets me rather irksome is the idiot that parks his Mercedes E series across two parking spots closest to the store.

If you are that concerned park it out in BFE and walk. Unfortunately I lost control of my grocery laden, high speed, cart like three times.
Oh, yeah, gotta hate that. Don't feel sorry for those inconsiderate bastards. :D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

Any ideas?
I think the napkin is a bad idea because that reads "set your crap here"!

Best I can think of is place some decorative crap (with an isolator pad under it) on top that doesn't leave room for other stuff.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think the napkin is a bad idea because that reads "set your crap here"!

Best I can think of is place some decorative crap (with an isolator pad under it) on top that doesn't leave room for other stuff.
Good point. :D

It's not about just covering the top, it's about deterring people. :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Unfortunately I lost control of my grocery laden, high speed, cart like three times.
I hope you're just kidding. The Benz owner is an idiot, but if true this makes you a vandal. Depending on the state you live in and the dollar amount of the damage caused it might be a felony.

I recommend deleting the post.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Originally Posted by slipperybidness View Post

Yeah, another nice thing on the Goldenears is that the top cap is slightly curved and tilts at an angle. You really CAN'T sit anything on top of it.
yep, I think the wife planned it that way, since the GE's are her's.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
...The Benz owner is an idiot...
I seriously doubt that. I suspect he knew exactly what he was doing (mainly being offensively selfish). He just didn't figure there'd be someone like jinjuku around.:D

PS: If you are serious about jinjuku deleting his post, it wouldn't do much good since you quoted it.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I hope you're just kidding. The Benz owner is an idiot, but if true this makes you a vandal. Depending on the state you live in and the dollar amount of the damage caused it might be a felony.

I recommend deleting the post.
Why delete the post? It's not like there's any identifying information.

At my last job there was a guy who parked right in the middle of two spots. I didn't spit on his car or anything, I just parked the duty truck as close as I possibly could to his door. Some other kind citizen did the same to the passenger side. He was gone in the morning though, so I guess he crawled in through the trunk.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Why delete the post? It's not like there's any identifying information.

At my last job there was a guy who parked right in the middle of two spots. I didn't spit on his car or anything, I just parked the duty truck as close as I possibly could to his door. Some other kind citizen did the same to the passenger side. He was gone in the morning though, so I guess he crawled in through the trunk.
You didn't! No way. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis