Philharmonic Audio - 3-way open back ML-TQWTs designed by Dennis Murphy

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
THE SHIPPING ESCAPADE CONTINUES....

My Phils are now in Chino, CA. 1 hour from me (Chatsworth, CA) via car. Unless the FedEx truck explodes, they will be here tomorrow!
Or unless your car explodes, you could have them by lunch. :D

Congrats on the soon-to-be-there speakers!

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
THE SHIPPING ESCAPADE CONTINUES....

My Phils are now in Chino, CA. 1 hour from me (Chatsworth, CA) via car. Unless the FedEx truck explodes, they will be here tomorrow!
I'll tell you the same thing I told you at AVS: go get 'em now son! Why wait? You could be enjoying their sweet sounds right now!!! :D

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Or unless your car explodes, you could have them by lunch. :D
Congrats on the soon-to-be-there speakers!
What car? :p

Thanks, Adam!! :D

I'll tell you the same thing I told you at AVS: go get 'em now son! Why wait? You could be enjoying their sweet sounds right now!!! :D
It says "In transit" Chino, CA. I'd have to intercept the truck! Plus, I can't fit them on the bus. :p

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
What car? :p

Thanks, Adam!! :D

It says "In transit" Chino, CA. I'd have to intercept the truck! Plus, I can't fit them on the bus. :p
Transit could mean just about anything....I was told transit via email but the speakers were at my door awaiting signiture...thankfully my daughter was home to receive my boxes...otherwise....:eek:.

Enjoy your NEW speakers...:D

Regards, Bill....:)

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Transit could mean just about anything....I was told transit via email but the speakers were at my door awaiting signiture...thankfully my daughter was home to receive my boxes...otherwise....:eek:.

Enjoy your NEW speakers...:D

Regards, Bill....:)
Talk about luck!! :eek:

Earlier it said "arrived at...." so I think it's on its way from Chino...

Thank you very much!! :D

J

jcunwired

Audioholic
I'd really like to build the subwoofers and depending and depending how that goes I'll either build one using Selah audio design (to stay with the RAAL tweeter) or possibly go with a Salk center, maybe if one surfaces on their used thread.
I'm interested in how you proceed with the subwoofer build. I have considered this myself, however I do not have the tools or talent to build the cabinet myself (I've considered asking Del). I'm also considering the Rythmik FV15HP and (uggh) a maple Seaton SubM HP (to match those speakers on the left you posted), but having a hard time justifying the price of Seaton. My basement is approximately 5500 cubic feet, I'm gonna need some oomph!

Congrats Fuzz, your speakers should arrive before mine while Dennis finds a source for the SB driver.

J

jcunwired

Audioholic
What?

If I had known we could customize the grill color, I would have gotten hot pink. :eek: :D
I didn't know this either. I was going to look into changing the color myself (although with the final pic Del sent of our maple speakers I'm not sure I am even getting grilles).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't know this either. I was going to look into changing the color myself (although with the final pic Del sent of our maple speakers I'm not sure I am even getting grilles).
Do you mean you don't even want the grilles?

I paid extra for all the grilles.

J

jcunwired

Audioholic
It's not so much that I want the grilles, I would much prefer not to use them. However, for the last two winters we've had a lovely infestation of stink bugs in the Mid-Atlantic - particularly those of us who live out in the sticks. Every nook they can find they call home, and I'm talking hundreds of them. I'd rather they not be the first recipient of any sound 3000Hz and up.

I've had no instruction or guidance on grilles, I made the presumption they were included. Dennis may confirm.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
BTW, Monkish54 said over on AVS that he loves his Phil2 and thinks they sound just as good as Salons, KEF Reference, Pioneer EX, etc.:D

Pretty much what I said about the Phil3. ;)

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
It's not so much that I want the grilles, I would much prefer not to use them. However, for the last two winters we've had a lovely infestation of stink bugs in the Mid-Atlantic - particularly those of us who live out in the sticks. Every nook they can find they call home, and I'm talking hundreds of them. I'd rather they not be the first recipient of any sound 3000Hz and up.

I've had no instruction or guidance on grilles, I made the presumption they were included. Dennis may confirm.
Sorry if I misquided you. The custom Phil's come with standard magnetic rear grills to cover up the poly fill. But front grills are extra. The Chinese version of the 2's have grills all around, although they aren't magnetic and are kind of fragile. Real men don't use grills.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Oh, yeah, custom Phil only come standard with the rear grille. I paid extra for full front grilles and I also paid extra for the bass port grille. :cool:

J

jcunwired

Audioholic
Sorry if I misquided you. The custom Phil's come with standard magnetic rear grills to cover up the poly fill. But front grills are extra. The Chinese version of the 2's have grills all around, although they aren't magnetic and are kind of fragile. Real men don't use grills.
Pfftt, no worries, I didn't ask so I was definitely not misguided.

I will go out on a limb and presume that since my custom 2's are really 3 cabinets it's a bit late for magnetic grilles? Like I said I don't like them, but they may be a necessity in my case.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

I will go out on a limb and presume that since my custom 2's are really 3 cabinets it's a bit late for magnetic grilles? Like I said I don't like them, but they may be a necessity in my case.
As long as the veneers have not been applied, it should be okay. Ask Del.:D

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General

Hmmmm I'm not seeing a way there from here. All I can suggest is that you have Del make up a set, and then attach them with small circular pieces of velcro.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis