Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Losing weight is a "Life Style Change".

Body-for-LIFE

The Biggest Loser | NBC Official Site (good read)

If you don't like walking (boring) try bicycling. My recommendation is the Trek Pure Sport

1) Comfortable Seat
2) Upright Seating Position
3) Forward Crank/Pedals (pedal crank positioned farther forward instead of right below the seat tube) (Easy on the Knees) :)

Pure Sport - Trek Bicycle
Does it come in any pastel colors?
Of course I'll need to accessorize.

Signed,
Alex

:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Okay...to come clean, I fell asleep last night and didn't work out. :eek: I'll try again tonight...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay...to come clean, I fell asleep last night and didn't work out. :eek: I'll try again tonight...
We'll give you a pass on that since you're avoiding dairy fat. You'll get extra credit for eating some protein from a lean meat source but will be doubly penalized for eating any grain based carbs. Your dietary sins are forgiven, Old Adam. Go and eat waffles no more.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
All this talk of eating healthy and the fact Spring has come at least a month early has brought about mild inspiration. I'm running about 20 over my fighting weight so it is time to get motivated. I've got out on the bike for 20 mile rides the last few days and I skied hard all day Sat.

I cannot/willnot go to some of the extremes like cutting out certain meats and dairy completely. I like my yogurt and weekly steak too much.:rolleyes: More veggies and fruit will be the main focus and kill off the chips and late night gorging. I don't eat that much junk food and I never have more than one soda in a day.

Hopefully I can keep focused about the bike and not let the golf addiction take over. If I could find a way to carry the clubs on the bike I would be all set.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
We'll give you a pass on that since you're avoiding dairy fat. You'll get extra credit for eating some protein from a lean meat source but will be doubly penalized for eating any grain based carbs. Your dietary sins are forgiven, Old Adam. Go and eat waffles no more.
There's a joke in there somewhere...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I worked out last night. Better late than never...I guess.

Niki and I enjoyed some 99% extra lean turkey last night, so you'll be happy. I'm in the penalty box for eating homemade pizza, though...and corn chips...and beer... :eek:

Eh, screw it. I'm underweight anyway. :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I really should cut down 20 lbs, but it's so dang hard to train BJJ and lose weight. It's not like lifting where I can have off days and be okay with it. In BJJ you get destroyed if you are having a weak day.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I really should cut down 20 lbs, but it's so dang hard to train BJJ and lose weight. It's not like lifting where I can have off days and be okay with it. In BJJ you get destroyed if you are having a weak day.
I'm 99 percent sure I read this wrong several times on purpose.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
washing down some cake??? hahaha..

Just giving you a hard time... nicely done, sir.

Your efforts have earned me a menthol. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
How long have you been nicotine free? I just passed the 3 year mark. That's the main reason that I'm this heavy. Vices are a b!tch to drop.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
How long have you been nicotine free? I just passed the 3 year mark. That's the main reason that I'm this heavy. Vices are a b!tch to drop.
A little over two years if you don't count the small lapse last fall. Dropping *****es are a ***** too. Most of the 2nd pack ended up getting flushed in a fit of self discipline and tears.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
A little over two years if you don't count the small lapse last fall. Dropping *****es are a ***** too. Most of the 2nd pack ended up getting flushed in a fit of self discipline and tears.
Having feelings sucks. You would be happier as a man. :rolleyes: :D

Anger used to make me want to smoke but as it turns out I could never eat while pissed off. Being hungry pisses me off so this is sort of working out.

I'm curious...did it? :)
It helps that it's frozen. That's like the cake's defense mechanism for momentary lapses of reason. It works pretty good. I don't enable my dieting fails by defrosting so that I can gorge hours in the future. My fails are usually very much in the moment.

A little planning goes a long way. Last night before I cooked up some chicken breast I cut it up into 4 oz pieces for future known quantities. The bits and pieces totaling about 5.5 oz was for the here and now big meal stir fry. I'm back down to 257.6 lbs again this AM. That's down 24.6 lbs again. One day of indulging sets me back like four days of dieting. That's not a good trade off. Today is the day to get past the 25 lb mark and start the push to get below 250. Once there 240 will be right around the corner and that's only about 10 or 15 lbs above my sport f^%&ing weight. I might have to start exercising for the final trim. :(

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...sport f^%&ing...
I thought that I recognized you from that video. Just my two cents, but going pro was a mistake. You could have taken gold in Atlanta. There was no one better in '96...but things changed around 2001 when Doug and Rick entered the pairs competition.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I thought that I recognized you from that video. Just my two cents, but going pro was a mistake. You could have taken gold in Atlanta. There was no one better in '96...but things changed around 2001 when Doug and Rick entered the pairs competition.
And to think Doug's main reason for competing was to wear the outfits.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis