Philharmonic Audio - 3-way open back ML-TQWTs designed by Dennis Murphy

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
And hopefully I will be reviewing the Phil3 next weekend
yea right after you wipe that rather wide smile off your face when you hear the 'sound' :D

Can't wait for the review

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Boom - that's awesome! Congrats!
yea right after you wipe that rather wide smile off your face when you hear the 'sound' :D

Can't wait for the review
After I slide my hands all over the cabinets.:eek:

Take about 50 pictures.:eek:

I'm probably going to do a review like I've never done before. Long. Elaborate. Extended edition. Director's cut. Unrated. :eek:

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
After I slide my hands all over the cabinets.:eek:

Take about 50 pictures.:eek:

I'm probably going to do a review like I've never done before. Long. Elaborate. Extended edition. Director's cut. Unrated. :eek:
I'd better only see pictures of the speakers, if you know what I mean.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'd better only see pictures of the speakers, if you know what I mean.:D
Yes, but do you only want pictures of the Phil3 fully dressed?:D

Or totally undressed with all drivers exposed?:eek::D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have everything ready to go. All I need now are the Phil3 - probably my last speakers.....for at least 5................no, 4...............no, make that 3 years.:D

Movies: KEF 201/2 x 5 all around plus Rythmik D15SE x 2

Music Rock/Pop/Alternative: Salon2 x 2 plus Rythmik D15SE x 2

Music Classical: Orion 3.2.1 x 2

Music Classical: Philharmonic 3 x 2

Karaoke: Infinity P362:eek:

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
I have everything ready to go. All I need now are the Phil3 - probably my last speakers.....for at least 5................no, 4...............no, make that 3 years.:D

Movies: KEF 201/2 x 5 all around plus Rythmik D15SE x 2

Music Rock/Pop/Alternative: Salon2 x 2 plus Rythmik D15SE x 2

Music Classical: Orion 3.2.1 x 2

Music Classical: Philharmonic 3 x 2

Karaoke: Infinity P362:eek:
Well, I'll finish them up just as soon as I figure out what the dog did with that big spool of speaker wire.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I'll finish them up just as soon as I figure out what the dog did with that big spool of speaker wire.
Bad dog!:eek::D

Dennis, you should be getting a priority mail today. Please keep package away from dog.:D

Last edited:
N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
ADTG is going to be in a completely different world a week from now (provided the Philly's arrive in time). The countdown has begun!:) I need more pics - am in love with red speakers now!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
ADTG is going to be in a completely different world a week from now (provided the Philly's arrive in time). The countdown has begun!:) I need more pics - am in love with red speakers now!
Shiny red speakers are so flashy, elegant, and want to be seen, touched, and heard.:D

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Dennis, any chance you can snap a few pics when the speakers are ready to ship to ADTG? And ADTG, do you mind posting them before you get them? I'm craving some more red speaker pics with high gloss.:)

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Dennis, any chance you can snap a few pics when the speakers are ready to ship to ADTG? And ADTG, do you mind posting them before you get them? I'm craving some more red speaker pics with high gloss.:)
I'll sure try to find time for some pics. I want everything to be perfect on these puppies, and I won't ship until I'm totally happy. But I'm still aiming for Tuesday.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'll sure try to find time for some pics. I want everything to be perfect on these puppies, and I won't ship until I'm totally happy. But I'm still aiming for Tuesday.
Please take all the time you need as always, Dennis.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would not mind at all. Please post pictures at will.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Phil3 THD% @ 90dB

Phil3 THD% @90dB:

30Hz: 2.3013%
40Hz: 1.589%
50Hz: 0.681%
100Hz: 0.2236%
1kHz: 0.0877%
2.8kHz: 0.4808%
5kHz: 0.2459%
10kHz: 0.0529%

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Tweeter Pads

Another feature on the Philharmonic that I was not aware of before, and Dennis can elaborate on, is the use of the tweeter pads to control the HF response.

With one pad on the bottom of the tweeter face plate, you get a flat HF response.

With 2 pads, you can taper the HF response down just in case you are "sensitive" to the flatter HF, which some may call "bright".

As for me, I want a flat FR. I prefer more detail & accuracy.

I also set my Salon2, KEF 201/2, & Orion to the Flat FR.:D

So the trend on these high-end systems is the ability to vary the HF response to suit your ears.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis