Philharmonic Audio - 3-way open back ML-TQWTs designed by Dennis Murphy

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief

That piece of plastic is what I needed to protect the veneer from moisture.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
That looks really high class!

Now I must locate some of those clear plastic round dish thingy. :eek::D
The feet won't be placed on veneer. The front of the Phil 3 cabinet has a depression in it where the Black Hole Pad used to go. That is just painted MDF, and I'll probably cover that with a 1/2" foam material for extra measure. You would never see the area where the feet will rest unless you took off the top cabinet.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
The feet won't be placed on veneer. The front of the Phil 3 cabinet has a depression in it where the Black Hole Pad used to go. That is just painted MDF, and I'll probably cover that with a 1/2" foam material for extra measure. You would never see the area where the feet will rest unless you took off the top cabinet.
Great.

The other surface was painted MDF...and no damage, just that the Sorbothane really stuck to it and it took a little work to clean off.

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic
Great.

The other surface was painted MDF...and no damage, just that the Sorbothane really stuck to it and it took a little work to clean off.
Hey, would these work as isolators for the philly bottoms?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
In that case (especially with the additional 1/2" foam cover), I won't even bother with those industrial Pangea feet.:D

Last edited:
D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Hey, would these work as isolators for the philly bottoms?
Hi I have no idea whether they would make an audible difference in that application. I forget their weight rating, but I'm not sure they could handle the full weight of an entire Philharmonic.

S

smwick

Enthusiast
For probably one of the best decoupling materials available, I would recommend the "Big fat dots" from herbies audio lab. They are $8.85 a piece and would recommend using Baltic Birch in between the dots. This is what I have for my Phil 3's and I noticed an improvement in detail. If this is a little steep for some, then use "Vibrapods". These also are great and a little cheaper as well. I think I paid $20ish for 4. I would recommend, to those who are serious about decoupling the top cabinet, to give Steve at Herbies Audio Lab a call.

I have to say those phil 3's with the high gloss finish look stunning. I know you will enjoy them immensely.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have to say those phil 3's with the high gloss finish look stunning. I know you will enjoy them immensely.
Thanks.

I bet five custom Phil3s and two veneer-matching 18" Funkywave subs would be dreamy for a home theater.:cool::D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Originally Posted by cpp View Post
Never tried those fancy feet under my Vincent.

Oh, yeah, they will smooth out that top end sound and make the midrange chocolaty.
and lets not forget those pretty wooden blocks and fancy $1000 cables :D

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Yeah, the P362 are in my family room. My voice sounds really good through them when I sing karaoke. :D

One day I was in my HT room listening to music on my Salon2. My mother in-law came in with her friend and said, "You know these speakers will sound great for karaoke! ":eek:

I thought, "R-------I---------G--------------H--------------T, now get the hell out of my room!:eek:":D
Sorry to quote a post from so long ago. :)

This made me laugh for at least 5 minutes straight. =)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry to quote a post from so long ago. :)

This made me laugh for at least 5 minutes straight. =)
During a family New Years party, I played some songs (Richard Clayderman's Mariage D' Amour & Voyage A Venise) on the Salon2.

I then played the same songs on the P362 via network.

The guys were like, "Wait, no, no, no, no. What are you doing?:eek: Let's stick with the Salon please."

The women were like, "What's the difference?:rolleyes:"

The Phil3 will not, I repeat, will not be used for karaoke either.:eek::D

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic
During a family New Years party, I played some songs (Richard Clayderman's Mariage D' Amour & Voyage A Venise) on the Salon2.

The guys were like, "Wait, no, no, no, no. What are you doing?:eek: Let's stick with the Salon please."

Well they better not buddy!!!:eek::D

The 362s were and still are great entry level!!! I am sure the Salons were quite superior.

All I can say you are going to love your new toys. You should order the Philharmonitor 2s as well. They are killers!!!!:D

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General

LMAO!!!!

I would have definetly protested!!!

Hahahaha good man.

Hell, my 19th birthday is tomorrow. Party at ADTG's house!!!!! LOL : )

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
LMAO!!!!

I would have definetly protested!!!

Hahahaha good man.

Hell, my 19th birthday is tomorrow. Party at ADTG's house!!!!! LOL : )
Well, happy B-D.:D

Very advanced for your age.

I had NHT SuperZero speakers & SW2P sub back then.

I had a scholarship stipend of $500/month check back in the days. If only the Phil3s were available back then.:D

Come to think of it, what the hell did I do with my money back then?:eek:

Oh, yeah, Kimber Kable, Acurus amps & pre-amps, and boring stuff like car payments.

You guys have a lot better speakers selections these days like Philharmonic.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Well, happy B-D.:D

Very advanced for your age.

I had NHT SuperZero speakers & SW2P sub back then.

I had a scholarship stipend of $500/month check back in the days. If only the Phil3s were available back then.:D

Come to think of it, what the hell did I do with my money back then?:eek:

Oh, yeah, Kimber Kable, Acurus amps & pre-amps, and boring stuff like car payments.

You guys have a lot better speakers selections these days like Philharmonic.
Thank you very much, kind sir!

Much appreciated!!

I had a pair of those Insignia Speakers people raved about. Then my uncle lent me a pair of TagMclaren Calliope. They are not so great but better than tv speakers for sure! :D Let's not talk about my sub ahah :)

Hahaahaahah

Indeed we do! Luckily!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just got word that Dennis will hopefully get the chance to ship my Phil3 via FedEx next Tuesday.:D

And hopefully I will be reviewing the Phil3 next weekend.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis