Cadence CSX MKII 12 / 15

C

CadenceSound

Junior Audioholic
Just some shots to give people a better idea of how great our sub looks.

Currently on sale for $399.00 for the 15" w/ code:
USA100
@bestaudiodeals.com

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
CadenceSound,
Thank you for the photos, but I think I speak for many AHers - submitting these subs for proper AH review will go a long towards recommending actual product. Yes, I saw John Garcia mini-review of the 12" sub, but if AH will run measurements on both or at-least the 15" one - this would really interesting to see

C

CadenceSound

Junior Audioholic
Submitting the sub is not up to me, but I will pass the word on to my boss.

I posted pics, so people can get a good idea of how good they really look. I dont feel the pics on the site do them much justice.

MarciaFunebre

MarciaFunebre

Audiophyte
i would love to hear some comments on how musical the cadence csx-15 is - compared to other subs in the same price range. Has anyone some experiences to share?

C

CadenceSound

Junior Audioholic
i would love to hear some comments on how musical the cadence csx-15 is - compared to other subs in the same price range. Has anyone some experiences to share?
Yes, please share your thoughts people:D

C

CadenceSound

Junior Audioholic
15" sent out to Gene...
12" sent out to ThaJman

Reviews on the way!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Awesome - can't wait to see the audioholics review of the 15 :)

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I am very excited to see how they do.....I am hoping they do well...would be a great addition to my HT.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Finally!! :)

Now lets see how they measure. I havent takin CadenceSound too serious yet but a good review with good measurements COULD change all that for me. So i look forward to both sub's info.

Whatever the outcome, good job for sending them out to be 3rd party reviewed, shows they have confidence in their products....as long as they werent modified :eek: haha!!

A

ack_bak

Audioholic
It will be interesting to see how the 15" sub compares to the PA-150. The PA-150 is actually pretty solid for mid bass but runs out of steam quickly after 30hz or so. If the Cadence 15" can extend down to 20-25Hz with some gusto, it could make for a heck of a budget sub.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
It will be interesting to see how the 15" sub compares to the PA-150. The PA-150 is actually pretty solid for mid bass but runs out of steam quickly after 30hz or so. If the Cadence 15" can extend down to 20-25Hz with some gusto, it could make for a heck of a budget sub.
According to a "tech" I emailed at Cadence, both the 12 and 15 are tuned to 25hz so it's not going to hit the low 20s with a flat respone.

But according to the S&V review the 12" had some usable output in the 20-25hz range.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Whatever the outcome, good job for sending them out to be 3rd party reviewed, shows they have confidence in their products....as long as they werent modified :eek: haha!!
I'm the one who got the CSX12 (BTW... it's theJman, not ThaJman :rolleyes:)

The unit I received was in a factory sealed box, so I can attest that this one is the same version you would get if you purchased directly from Cadence. It's already setup and breaking in. Thus far I have about 5-6 hours of mostly TV and music, no movies just yet.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
It dawned on me after posting this that some of you might be thinking "who the h#ll is this guy, and why did Cadence send him a CSX12 for review?". Perhaps I should elucidate...

I maintain a thread on several forums dedicate to "budget" subwoofers, an example of which can be found here. In support of this thread I also review some of the more obscure and/or less well know products. By less well known I also mean those that don't seem to have much in the way of professional reviews, for whatever reason that may be. Up until recently I had limited myself to subwoofers listed on my budget thread, but I've since begun to branch out and evaluate more expensive subs. Illustrations of my reviews can be found here, here, here and here.

The CSX12, with it's $399 retail price, could still probably be considered "budget" to most -- so I haven't altered my charter to any large extent -- but I have decided to start evaluating some products that don't fit the criteria for my budget subs thread. The Cadence name is known to many, but little information about them exists, so they seemed like an ideal candidate. They concurred, which is how we got to the position we're in now.

Lastly (and just to complete the picture) I've also co-designed a few subwoofers. The EbenLee ELA-3 was the first of them, followed by the ELA-5. A 12" version, the ELA-4, will be released shortly. While it may initially appear as though I simply another Joe Homeowner I do actually have a bit more experience then the average person probably does. That doesn't make me an expert, of course, but it does give me some additional perspective.

And to answer the inevitable question that someone is bound to ask... why don't I post the budget sub thread and my reviews on audioholics.com as well? Unfortunately, the less than standard way this forum is setup is not conducive to it.

The first problem is post sizes are limited to 10,000 characters. My smallest reviews are more than double that, so I would have to split them into several pieces and use concurrent posts. That's counterproductive for me. The second problem, which is a total non-starter, is that after a very short period of time your post is locked, and can never be updated/edited again. Since I need the ability to make changes in perpetuity -- say I transposed a number or the grammar or punctuation was wrong, etc -- having no method to support changes once the thread is locked makes it impossible for me to use this forum for those posts.

For the CSX12 I'll be making an exception though, because I ensured Ryeon (CadenceSound) I would post my review here, but regrettably for all the others I can't. I would prefer to post them here as well -- because I like this forum -- but the current configuration makes it such that I'm simply not able to.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Damn it's huge! Is that the 12" or the 18" ;)
That's the CSX 12 in my test setup. It's sizable, for sure, but with a sub -- and perhaps a few other things ;) -- size matters.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't think it was that big for a 12". My SVS PB-10 was larger. The 15" is pretty big though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis