Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Mostly about lasagna, yeah.

I'm not fat free. I'm a fat snob and I don't recycle. Restricting saturated fat and trying like hell to eliminate arachidonic acid is the key. I'll leave saving the trees to people who claim to own trees. I do confess to owning a saw. Is that bad?
Ahem!

Actually, I never heard of this before. But when I googled it, I found the correct spelling for you.:rolleyes::D

I have an axe.
I have an axe and a saw.:)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I am the egg man. Cheryl has figured out that it is only a matter of time before I cook something. I hate it when somebody has my number like that. Record low since my record high is down 14.2 pounds. I just scarfed down 3 whole eggs and two whites fried in olive oil with bread to celebrate. I'm pretty stoked about this weight loss business but in all honesty it takes me a few days to catch up to my record low as a constant day in day out weight. I'm really looking forward to getting below 260 but that could take until March.
Gratz on the weight dropping. Adam will be pleased at the next encounter.

You do know that "whole grain" isn't a special kind of wheat, right? :p
If only you had said "Special" kind of wheat we could have had some fun.

I have an axe and a saw.:)
I have an Axe in need of grinding. (okay i has a saw)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Of course the most important thing is that you get to an optimal weight. I'm sure it would be easier on Adam. :D
Pretty funny ... :)

What percentages are you using?

30 percent protein seems a little low on the LBM if you want to ensure optimal muscle retention.
You have a lot of muscle that needs retaining, do you? :rolleyes: :D :p

There's only one caloric ratio that Sears suggests using and 30% for protein and 30% for fat is it, leaving 40% for carbs. You use your LBM (Lean Body Mass) and activity level to figure out what your protein requirements are and add everything else around it. In a clinical trial it has been demonstrated that this plan results in increased muscle mass and fat loss so that the weight loss is exceeded by fat loss.

So far so good ... 15.4 pounds down. This is pretty exciting for me. Not as exciting as cheese cake but realizing that this weight issue is manageable is quite a relief. Health wise there are no guaranties but reducing the risk of heart disease and diabetes is kind of huge.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Pretty funny ... :)
You have a lot of muscle that needs retaining, do you? :rolleyes: :D :p

There's only one caloric ratio that Sears suggests using and 30% for protein and 30% for fat is it, leaving 40% for carbs. You use your LBM (Lean Body Mass) and activity level to figure out what your protein requirements are and add everything else around it. In a clinical trial it has been demonstrated that this plan results in increased muscle mass and fat loss so that the weight loss is exceeded by fat loss.
That's pretty awesome to drop 15 lbs. I seriously want to drop weight, but it's hard to train BJJ and cut weight at the same time.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
So far so good ... 15.4 pounds down. This is pretty exciting for me. Not as exciting as cheese cake but realizing that this weight issue is manageable is quite a relief. Health wise there are no guaranties but reducing the risk of heart disease and diabetes is kind of huge.
Congratulations on being 15.4lbs down.!
I was wondering about the low protein intake as well. When I've cut back on proteins, I was getting dizzy.

Maybe this will help with the sweet cravings. I made these last night and they were really good. I used Greek yogurt.

No Pudge! Fat Free Brownies

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Congratulations on being 15.4lbs down.!
I was wondering about the low protein intake as well. When I've cut back on proteins, I was getting dizzy.

Maybe this will help with the sweet cravings. I made these last night and they were really good. I used Greek yogurt.

No Pudge! Fat Free Brownies
On the subject of protein let me clarify by saying that I am scarfing down 140 grams of protein per day. I'm going to pass on the brownies without even looking at them. If I have trouble getting enough carbs from approved sources I can eat an apple or even have tea with honey. The fat free thing has little appeal for me. It's more about getting the right proportion of fat and I suppose it helps to get it from like olive oil or almonds.

EDIT: I just looked and one serving has 28grams of carbs. That's like 3/4 of the carbs I eat in a smallish-normal meal or let's say the equivalent of 2 cup of brocolli, a tomato and an onion (all raw). Gotta pass on them.

One of the key points of this diet is getting the proportions right with every meal or snack and it all starts with how much protein you need. Just out of curiosity, is there another plan out there that would have a 265 pound guy with 30% body fat eating more protein than 140 grams?

That's pretty awesome to drop 15 lbs. I seriously want to drop weight, but it's hard to train BJJ and cut weight at the same time.
What's BJJ? Oh yeah, Google. I got the first Zone book that Sears put out and would suggest you get it, read it and then see what is possible. He does a pretty good job of selling the plan. You don't really need me for that part. Anything short of success with all the diet mumbo jumbo is just an academic exercise aka as yak. It's kind of like building speakers ... you have to first know stuff and then you have to do stuff. ;)

Last edited:
psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
On the subject of protein let me clarify by saying that I am scarfing down 140 grams of protein per day. I'm going to pass on the brownies without even looking at them. If I have trouble getting enough carbs from approved sources I can eat an apple or even have tea with honey. The fat free thing has little appeal for me. It's more about getting the right proportion of fat and I suppose it helps to get it from like olive oil or almonds.

EDIT: I just looked and one serving has 28grams of carbs. That's like 3/4 of the carbs I eat in a smallish-normal meal or let's say the equivalent of 2 cup of brocolli, a tomato and an onion (all raw). Gotta pass on them.

One of the key points of this diet is getting the proportions right with every meal or snack and it all starts with how much protein you need. Just out of curiosity, is there another plan out there that would have a 265 pound guy with 30% body fat eating more protein than 140 grams?
I'll have to get back to you on that...

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Studying C# 4.0 at the moment now....

Interestingly, the book is written by a guy called John Sharp :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers