Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
That's going to make something else look bigger. :p

On a different note, while I can't see much actual use for this thing, I find myself drawn to it like a moth to a flame. Add a bottle opener to something, and now it's just cool. :D

Can't see a use for it???:eek::D:eek::)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
So far it's working because I understand the plan and stick to it ... mostly stick to it.

For instance one of those ice cream drumsticks with nuts on it comes in at 35 grams of carbs. Well it turns out that that's about a meals worth of carbs for me. I could go with that and stick to the plan and still lose weight but it would be a poor choice because of it's high glycemic index. Those kinds of food choices would leave me hungry before too long and that would make sticking to the plan tough. :
I know Adwilk means well and he's proper in his analysis, but stick to what works. Every person is different.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
My secretary came in with a letter to a client for me to approve and I thought someone else had designed it and said "this looks like crap"

Whoops. Feel bad. lol. She isn't a graphic designer. hehe.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I know Adwilk means well and he's proper in his analysis, but stick to what works. Every person is different.
I think we're more alike than different and you two are just wrong. :D

A lot of things are 'true' about nutrition. To make a receiver analogy I like Denon 'cause PENG likes Denon. I don't like Onkyo 'cause TLS doesn't like Onkyo. Right about now you should be wondering where I'm going with this. I like The Zone Diet cause the author's credentials are impressive.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My secretary came in with a letter to a client for me to approve and I thought someone else had designed it and said "this looks like crap"

Whoops. Feel bad. lol. She isn't a graphic designer. hehe.
If she's cute, single, and emotionally distraught - you know how to reach me. :D

"Your letter looked like crap. You know what else looks like crap? This dude. You two would get along great."

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
If she's cute, single, and emotionally distraught - you know how to reach me. :D

"Your letter looked like crap. You know what else looks like crap? This dude. You two would get along great."
Haha. I long learned the cute secretaries never work (as soon as you train them they have kids or go on a coke binge and die).

I like old ones that have grown kids, lots of them took off work to raise kids, now they want to get back into the workplace while their husband is still working. That sort of thing. Yeah, they don't look great, but generally are smarter, wiser, and more consistant. To me, just having a well-kept, well put together secretary is enough (clean, well-spoken, etc.). Plus since people live longer and work longer now, getting a girl who's kids are grown up is like mid 50s and they can work for a long time thereafter. Also customers generally treat them with more respect and take them more seriously.

My secretary is double my age I think (I'm 26) which is perfect.

Plus so many people want the cute young secretary that the older ones have a hard time finding work, so you get really good ones. :) They can have the cute ones at work, I'll sleep with their cute ones on the weekend. ;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
This "hobby" is an obsession for most of us
and a money hog. It is easy to loose sight of the end goal
. God knows we love to
spend
other people
s money
and will
run
you into the ground, smiling and patting your back all the way down ;).
This week in unnecessary censorship...

(Thanks to agarwalro for this. :))

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I long learned the cute secretaries never work (as soon as you train them they have kids....

They can have the cute ones at work, I'll sleep with their cute ones on the weekend. ;)
I think that I see the problem... :D

That's a lot of criteria ... try for female and human ... in that order. :D
I'm living that plan right now. Oh, yeah, almost forgot - b*stard. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm currently eating my first (and failed) attempt to make the cauliflower version of mashed potatoes. As I was mashing it, there was way more water coming out than I had expected (way more). I drained it off, but it makes me think that there was something missing in the recipe steps (the recipe is from a show that I recorded, so I'll watch how she made it). Thing is, although nothing like mashed potatoes in either taste or consistency, it isn't all that bad.

I'm guessing that Alex just threw up a little bit in his mouth. :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
He would not be the only one.

My new toy for the living room just arrived.

I've been on a bit of a kick the last few weeks after the wife opened the door for a few upgrades/changes around the house. - Full details in a few days once I'm done connecting everything.;):D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Nice! I like that lower profile.
I know. They are the only ones really making decent low-profile receivers. Right now I have an old Yamaha that I took the feet off from and the blu-ray player shoved in above it with no room for ventilation. It does not have Audyessey but in our great room it is about convenience and not sound quality.

Errrr. I knew this was a bad place to hang out. Well, if I want to have any money left. :)
Oh buck up. All I've seen you buy lately is knifes and kitchen wares. Buy some dam electronics.:eek:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm currently eating my first (and failed) attempt to make the cauliflower version of mashed potatoes. As I was mashing it, there was way more water coming out than I had expected (way more). I drained it off, but it makes me think that there was something missing in the recipe steps (the recipe is from a show that I recorded, so I'll watch how she made it). Thing is, although nothing like mashed potatoes in either taste or consistency, it isn't all that bad.

That's works well using roasted cauliflower. Even without mashing it, just add a little butter.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
He would not be the only one.

My new toy for the living room just arrived.

I've been on a bit of a kick the last few weeks after the wife opened the door for a few upgrades/changes around the house. - Full details in a few days once I'm done connecting everything.;):D
If that had a bottle opener on the side Adam would be all over it.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis