Once again: what are you listening to now?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
August and Everything After

I just did the wiki thing on that and found there was a special edition that I want now that I know it's there. I'm not familiar with any of their other works but this album is excellent. Well recorded and all that stuff. Not to mention that I like pretty much all the songs.

... as a side note it makes me crazy that the bass sounds best as I am on foot at the stupid door of this room.

... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

I just listened to The Wallflowers Bringing Down the Horse ... nutty names, huh? Anyway I used track 1 on that to Demo and compare some speakers and this is now the first time I'm listening to it here with the subs. Yep, I'm just going from thread to thread bragging ... I'm like that. ;)

... and to make matters worse I am not even gonna provide links :p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I heard this on the radio and wondered how I was going to figure out who it was.
Then I heard the tune in I Am Number 4. That girl can sing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I used to really get into this song a few years back when it seemed like my boss kept effing me over. Luckily, work has gotten much better.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks like you're not spending enough time on here, brother.
Brilliant deduction ... just brilliant. :rolleyes: :D

I probably didn't have my stereo turned on when I first saw it and then the page turned. Great tune. I think I was in a Starbucks and she sang something I knew the lyrics to. This was the Starbucks the Brazilian girl was giving me the moves but I escaped her clutches mostly because I didn't want her to know somebody else had my balls in a jar at the bottom of her purse.

Anyway I asked about who was singing and this other chick gave me the low down on Adele and said she thought the song was written by her but that turned out to be false and when I compared the two versions of the songs I wrote off Adele but she's made a come back in my books with this Rolling in the Deep.

I'm going to see if I can find that other tune but another female performer ...

Here's that other tune

Oh yeah, where's there a link to that Japanese girl with that super sweet voice?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Try this on for size ... Lucia Micarelli

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Oh yeah, where's there a link to that Japanese girl with that super sweet voice?
Are you asking about Jun Shibata? I actually thought about posting up another video from her last night! I hadn't listened to her in a while, but this thread got me thinking about her again.

Here's one that I used to watch a few years back. I like the song and the live performance (starts about 45 seconds into it). I have no idea what they say afterwards, but I don't usually watch that part. It's not embedding properly, but clicking the image will take you to the site and the video will start.

<iframe width="260" height="105" src="http://feeds.barks.jp/btool/?id=52028128" scrolling="no" style="border:solid 1px #CCC;" frameborder="0"><a href="http://www.barks.jp/watch/?id=1000022785"></a></iframe>

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
YouTube is awesome. This stuff used to be pretty hard to find.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Love Jazz at the Pawnshop. In the mood for something a little more "meanacing" today though :D

Korn - Issues - CD

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My all time favorite version of Take 5 is on Jazz at the Pawnshop:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm listening to this ...

... but on this CD.

The audio quality of the CD is so much better than the You Tube thing it's not even funny.

Before that I was listening to this. The sound quality here sounds better than on their 'official' video.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm listening to this ...

... but on this CD.

The audio quality of the CD is so much better than the You Tube thing it's not even funny.
Ever since you guys started shopping at Whole Foods your musical tastes have taken on an air of sophistication. :D:)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ever since you guys started shopping at Whole Foods your musical tastes have taken on an air of sophistication. :D:)
nttawwt, right? :D

I got some records yesterday. Perlman playing some Saint-Saens Rondo and Havanaise under Martinon with the Orchestre de Paris is about the best but a cooler record find is this Hollander with the BSO LSC shaded dog album.

Patrick Swayze Featuring Wendy Fraser - She's Like The Wind
TISWWT :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis