UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

annunaki

annunaki

Changing engine mapping between qualifying and race is now banned. Blown diffusers will be banned from Silverstone onwards. Good!
I disagree. Ban this ban that, before you know it F1 will be a spec series with different engine makers.

I, for one, thought that these were ingenious ways to gain more down force by using exhaust gasses.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I disagree. Ban this ban that, before you know it F1 will be a spec series with different engine makers.

I, for one, thought that these were ingenious ways to gain more down force by using exhaust gasses.
I can't stand the constant rule changing... No matter if it's for the good or bad.:mad:

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic

Yes it's ingenious, but IMO, it's still "fake" down force as the engine is "generating" the gas pressure. I'm just more of a purist I guess, down force is all an external affair. Now, if they want to use that gas pressure to drive a turbo charger, then by all means do it, but don't do it on a 4 banger, at least a V6!!

V

valvesnvinylfan

Audioholic
I can't stand the constant rule changing... No matter if it's for the good or bad.:mad:
Me neither, though I will admit the tires/Pirelli switch up this year has been very interesting. I was also happy to see Schumi have a relatively good race in Canada, always fun watching him drive in the wet.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
You got your wish. They scrapped the 4 cylinder engines for 6 cylinder turbos and delayed the change till 2014.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/22/motor-racing-prix-engines-idUSL3E7HM2TT20110622

They will also double the output on the KERS in 2013:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/22/motor-racing-prix-engines-idUSL3E7HM2TT20110622
Yup, 4 cylinder made no sense. How the hell were the teams supposed to use a 4 cylinder as the structural rear end of the car? Now there's talk of limiting the revs to 12,000 rpm. What now, worried about noise pollution!!

majorloser

majorloser

I hate all the rule changes. And when they issue them in the middle of the season really makes no sense. It's just a way they can manipulate the points. I seriously doubt that getting rid of the blown diffuser will make any difference to the current points standing. Red Bull would still be up front.

The European Grand Prix was a good race. The outcome was pretty much as expected.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
You're right Major,

another blasting race for RB/Vettel in Valence and here again I agree with you, in that the're trying to manipulate points in the middle of the season and you certainly know why, no? If Vettel wins 2 more in a row, kiss goodbye to the audience though...

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Hey Major....how are you doing? I've been away from here for a while and my first post after all this time was on F1! Go figure.....Anyway, I've been keeping up with F1 most of the time and maybe it's me, but man it's looking more contrived and irrelevant every season....just like indy cars, I stopped following that fiasco all together. Lately the ALMS, Grand AM series are holding more appeal since it still possesses an "go for broke" attitude. Can't stomach indy cars with all Honda engines......

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Major....how are you doing? I've been away from here for a while and my first post after all this time was on F1! Go figure.....Anyway, I've been keeping up with F1 most of the time and maybe it's me, but man it's looking more contrived and irrelevant every season....just like indy cars, I stopped following that fiasco all together. Lately the ALMS, Grand AM series are holding more appeal since it still possesses an "go for broke" attitude. Can't stomach indy cars with all Honda engines......
I think I see a ghost!:eek: How the heck are ya stratman? Good to see ya!

Your right with the racing series... Getting more boring and less legitimate every year...breaks my heart.:(

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Man I'm back!.....I had family issues with my dad being sick, business was awful, I just didn't have the time....my kid is eight now (wow where has all the time gone?!), I missed all you guys....finally everything is pretty much stable and I've got my life back. I haven't picked up a guitar in over two years, haven't really listened to music, man it was bleak. My dad recovered from bout with cancer, luckily hes been free now for 3 years he just turned 85, still refuses to retire, puts in 40 hour weeks.

majorloser

majorloser

Welcome back! Glad to hear from you.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Welcome back Strat!

Good to hear you're back to the forum.
BTW, time to play some guitar though ;)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Haven't picked up my strat or paul in about two years, now I'm teaching my kid the blues progression.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Well, this weekends race should be exciting, waiting to see if RB take a hit with the blown diffuser being banned. I doubt it, maybe instead of .5 seconds in quali, it'll be .3 seconds from Vettel to 2nd!

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry I know it's not F1, but this Sunday Speed has the Rolex series, which I find interesting, it reminds me of the old IMSA races, Porsches, Ferraries, big block Detroit iron...I find it interesting, mostly privateers....good old fashioned racing represented by various makes....unlike Indy which became Hondaville.

annunaki

annunaki

Man I'm back!.....I had family issues with my dad being sick, business was awful, I just didn't have the time....my kid is eight now (wow where has all the time gone?!), I missed all you guys....finally everything is pretty much stable and I've got my life back. I haven't picked up a guitar in over two years, haven't really listened to music, man it was bleak. My dad recovered from bout with cancer, luckily hes been free now for 3 years he just turned 85, still refuses to retire, puts in 40 hour weeks.
Welcome back fine sir!

Glad to hear things are improving some for you.

That is some work ethic your father has!!

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
Strat.. the Caveman!!! Welcome back buddy! Im glad to see you back here in the Forum. Everyone was worried and looking for you 3 years ago.
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44259&highlight=stratman

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49070&highlight=stratman

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis