STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Can you guys help me? I can never seem to get anywhere on my bike...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You got 4 pistons for $400? I got robbed it seems.
Actually, I didn't :( I had setup the deal but the guy sold them to someone else the day before I was going to pick them up (he was selling fronts and rears together, I only wanted the fronts). It sucks because I was going to get a set of STI sst brakelines for $100 also. I've seen other brake sets around for about the same price though.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Actually, I didn't :( I had setup the deal but the guy sold them to someone else the day before I was going to pick them up (he was selling fronts and rears together, I only wanted the fronts). It sucks because I was going to get a set of STI sst brakelines for $100 also. I've seen other brake sets around for about the same price though.
I bought the Baer track system for my Mustang and it set me back almost $1000.....for the fronts ONLY and it's just 2 piston.....stops better and much less fade, but not as good as I expected for the money. But when I looked at all the other sets running over $2500, this was the only way I could reasonably go. Damned cars. Eat up more cash than my stupid audio systems.
That's why I have pretty much quit building cars altogether. Sold the Mustang, bought a Honda Ridgeline and pretty much only do my cafe bikes now. When I added the receipts for that particular car after selling, I wanted to shoot myself.

(but a Paxton charged 4.6 on an Eaton 4.10 LSD is definitely fun. Can hang with a new 1000cc sport bike....but, unfortunately costs 5-6x more)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I bought the Baer track system for my Mustang and it set me back almost $1000.....for the fronts ONLY and it's just 2 piston.....stops better and much less fade, but not as good as I expected for the money. But when I looked at all the other sets running over $2500, this was the only way I could reasonably go. Damned cars. Eat up more cash than my stupid audio systems.
That's why I have pretty much quit building cars altogether. Sold the Mustang, bought a Honda Ridgeline and pretty much only do my cafe bikes now. When I added the receipts for that particular car after selling, I wanted to shoot myself.

(but a Paxton charged 4.6 on an Eaton 4.10 LSD is definitely fun. Can hang with a new 1000cc sport bike....but, unfortunately costs 5-6x more)
I am trying to go mild on this car :) These brakes are OEMs - 4 piston front, 2 piston rears. Brand new set of f/r is $1600 with rotors and Hawk pads, but I can find used sets for half that without rotors or pads. The Brembo set for my car is about $2K f/r also.

My bike is a lot less expensive, but cars do take away from my audio habit :)

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord

See, a civic doesn't need brakes. Even the 10 second local cars have Hawk pads and brembo blanks.

SheepStar

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
See, a civic doesn't need brakes. Even the 10 second local cars have Hawk pads and brembo blanks.

SheepStar
But they only have to stop once in a drag car. That car was for all around fun. Go to a road course where you use brakes as much as gas, and they would be cursing those brakes as they were digging dirt and grass out of their undercarriages. Can't speak for everyone, but for me, have to build everything to have a car that feels balanced and fun.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
But they only have to stop once in a drag car. That car was for all around fun. Go to a road course where you use brakes as much as gas, and they would be cursing those brakes as they were digging dirt and grass out of their undercarriages. Can't speak for everyone, but for me, have to build everything to have a car that feels balanced and fun.
My friends hill climb CRX with 14:1 compression has that exact setup. He holds the track record in his class.

SheepStar

Senior Audioholic
Except try using a disk brake in the rear on a trials bike. You'll get sick of the snapped rotors. There is a reason these are still used. Nice try though!

SheepStar
Yeah well disks are cheaper than decent wheel sets by a magnitude...

I used to trash a wheel set in one season on rim brakes.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
My friends hill climb CRX with 14:1 compression has that exact setup. He holds the track record in his class.

SheepStar
Lot's of talking about other people's stuff.
That's great for him, not for me. Which is exactly who I build my cars for....me.

Go troll a Honda board.

I suppose I'm done jacking your thread here PDawg. :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Lot's of talking about other people's stuff.
That's great for him, not for me. Which is exactly who I build my cars for....me.

Go troll a Honda board.

I suppose I'm done jacking your thread here PDawg. :D
I never built any of my cars. I bought one built, but it blew up. 9000rpm only lasts so long with big cams. I drive company cars these days. Currently driving a 2011 Prius B package. Starting January, I'll be driving a Smart 42 Coupe.

SheepStar

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Man, 61 degrees here yesterday. I'm still riding in shorts and short sleeves!

Switched out a couple of things and bike is down to 23.5 lbs.

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
Sweet ASR 5 C!!!!!!!!!!!

I demo'ed locally an asr-5. I almost purchased one, but decided getting this instead : 2011 Giant Trance. The rear suspension on this Trance is so damn nice!!!

Sorry of the bad pic, new subs were in the way :D but you get the idea. lol

Here was the ASR-5 I demo'd: Indeed it was too a sweet a$$ bike!!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
A couple of my buddies got Yeti's last week and 1 more is going to order one tomorrow. We are making a statement in Texas.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
A couple of my buddies got Yeti's last week and 1 more is going to order one tomorrow. We are making a statement in Texas.
Does that mean you're going to get matching jerseys? Cuz that would make a certain kind of statement :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
How tight are talkin here?! :eek:
Real tight Clark, real tight...

Cool, the bike store just called me and my Wife's ASR just came in. He said he will build it tonight and I can pick it up tomorrow.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis