ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yesterday was her first ride on the 5, she loved it and made climbs she has never made before.

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
Yesterday was her first ride on the 5, she loved it and made climbs she has never made before.
]
Hey I saw this same post over @ MTBR.

Are you in around TX? The trails kind of looks like Camron Park in Waco

If so, I am in the ATX, hell I bet we can talk off a storm of both mountain bikes and HT equipment.

BTW, I almost purchased an ASR-5, but at the end, I choose a Giant Trance.

I like Yeti's and because base Yeti HQ is in my home State :)

Here is my bike, I am looking at upgrading my wheelset and I just replaced the Seatpost for a Thompson and WTB Saddle

Here is the ASR5 that I demo'd and almost bought one :)

Maybe my next bike will be a 575, just to have. I will have to wait and see :)

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Hey I saw this same post over @ MTBR.

Are you in around TX? The trails kind of looks like Camron Park in Waco

If so, I am in the ATX, hell I bet we can talk off a storm of both mountain bikes and HT equipment.

BTW, I almost purchased an ASR-5, but at the end, I choose a Giant Trance.

I like Yeti's and because base Yeti HQ is in my home State :)

Here is my bike, I am looking at upgrading my wheelset and I just replaced the Seatpost for a Thompson and WTB Saddle

Here is the ASR5 that I demo'd and almost bought one :)

Maybe my next bike will be a 575, just to have. I will have to wait and see :)
I know about your bikes, we talked about it on the page before this one.:D

The pictures are from Horeshoe in Grapevine

I am in FTW, TX. What is ATX?

I just posted a WTB Laser TI saddle on DORBA today, I should have posted it on here.

Yep, I ride with a few people from the MTBR forum. We have 6 ASR5's between us.

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
I know about your bikes, we talked about it on the page before this one.:D

The pictures are from Horeshoe in Grapevine

I am in FTW, TX. What is ATX?

I just posted a WTB Laser TI saddle on DORBA today, I should have posted it on here.

Yep, I ride with a few people from the MTBR forum. We have 6 ASR5's between us.
ATX?

Austin ;)

Sure a lot of Yeti's your way :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
ATX?

Austin ;)

Sure a lot of Yeti's your way :)
I should know that since I use to live there...

Yep, my dealer sold 7 last week. Now there are too many, I should have got a Pivot Mach 4...:D

It is the best bike I have ever owned. My list of bikes owned in order is-(I don't remember the models)

Klein
Gary Fisher
Giant
GT (2 of them)
Lightspeed TI
Marin
Specialized Stumpy
Specialized Epic
Rocky Mountain Slayer

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic

Yep, my dealer sold 7 last week. Now there are too many, I should have got a Pivot Mach 4...:D

It is the best bike I have ever owned. My list of bikes owned in order is-(I don't remember the models)

Klein
Gary Fisher
Giant
GT (2 of them)
Lightspeed TI
Marin
Specialized Stumpy
Specialized Epic
Rocky Mountain Slayer
You had some nice bikes.

Here is what I used to own in this order (mountain bikes) from Rookie status to still in "A" ROOKIE status. ;)

1. Older Specialized StumpJumper in early 90's rigid, shift grips
2. Diamond Back Sorrento
3. Gary Fisher Marin
4.5. *** Scott Reflex 45 (soon to convert for "a" wife bike)
4. *** Ibex Asta comp
5. Rocky Mountain Slayer 50
6. Vassago Bandersnatch 29'er
7. *** Giant Trance

Anything next that shows "***" next to the bike, I still own to this day :D

Never enough Yeti's in Texas.
Now if you lived in Colorado, it be different. Since my intention is to move back to CO in the near future, I opt not to get a yeti because I don't want to join the bandwagon (not in a bad way, they are badd a$$ bikes).
If and when I do settle in CO, I do hope to pickup a used Yeti 575, they seem to be very common to see for sale off on Craigslist. So lucky me for a future purchase :D

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Sorry to come late to the party ... Awesome new bike

Klein
Gary Fisher
Giant
GT (2 of them)
Lightspeed TI
Marin
Specialized Stumpy
Specialized Epic
Rocky Mountain Slayer

Dawg -awesome bikes. I used to ride a lot in the past, but not so much anymore. ... arhriitis is a bike ride killer :mad:

I had one of the original Schwin Paramounts when they were really a great bikes, with sew-ups all Campagnolo gear. Then went mainly with carbon-fiber Giants. Thos were the good ole days ;)

Peace, Good Sound ,and Great Bike riding.

Forest Man

P.S. - Also used to do a lot of motocross :cool:

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
Hey guys,
Here's a recent upDate as I been heavily into the bike ITCH :D ((( I did purchase a new PJ too :) for the nights which I don't ride ;) ))_

Here is a pic of it OLD setup

And now here is the new setup: new wheelset / hubs, Saddle and seatpost. :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Hey guys,
Here's a recent upDate as I been heavily into the bike ITCH :D ((( I did purchase a new PJ too :) for the nights which I don't ride ;) ))_

Here is a pic of it OLD setup

And now here is the new setup: new wheelset / hubs, Saddle and seatpost. :)

You are not allowed to copy me on the Stan's rims and CK hubs (I can't really tell if those are CK hubs or not)! I do hope you went tubeless.

What saddle is that?

I just upgraded my wife's X7 cranks with some XO's.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
I have been thinking of doing the ghetto tubeless. Is Stans the best way to go or have you tried anything eles. The tubless wheels are way to spendy for me, so this is the way I would have to go.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I have been thinking of doing the ghetto tubeless. Is Stans the best way to go or have you tried anything eles. The tubless wheels are way to spendy for me, so this is the way I would have to go.

I use the Stan's kits. I have used it on cheap rims and non-UST tires by taping the rims with Gorilla tape first and then using the strips from Stan's.

My bike has Stan's rims and I just use the Stan's valve stems on them.

My wife's bike has DT Swiss rims and I also just use the Stan's valve stems on hers.

I can get about any combo to work and have no issue setting the bead with a floor pump.

I haven't had a flat since I started back riding, the rotaional weight is down and I can run way less pressure. It is the best upgrade you can make.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Just watch out for how powerful her legs are becoming! You butt will be higher than your shoulders from one kick!:eek::D
She is getting strong. She has done so much better at biking than I would have ever dreamed. She is completely off the beginner trails and kicking tail.

Here is a few shots from today.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis