DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I hadn't been following the MFW15 v3 amp discussions much lately, but I saw this post and thought this comment near the end was odd:

5. You say they couldn't print anything on the amp until it got approved by the companies after they test it but really, do you need approval to put the AV123 label on it????
This is one homely looking amp (moreso with the confusion of a separate control panel still present but now inactive, with no manual to explain the duplication), but are they saying they are shipping a power amp that hasn't been approved by the proper authorities? That'd be a pretty unsettling assertion.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Are UL and CE certifications / approvals actually needed in order to sell a product?

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
^^^^ Perhaps, they've overlooked the most important test of all for the amps.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Are UL and CE certifications / approvals actually needed in order to sell a product?
Just about anything sold in the EU requires a CE but as to which applicable one who knows. In many cases, one is able to self-certify however if the agency for some reason were to inquire about it, the vendor would be required to provide substantiating data that justified the marking and the specific regulation they were looking to adhere to. I have no idea why they'd need CE seeing as there's no product making its way to Europe.

For UL, AFAIK, that's optional but it would give some measure of safety for the consumer. Given the historical quirky nature of AV451 electronics, that doesn't seem like a bad idea.

FCC certification may or may not be required depending upon the amp design. If it's something liike a class D switching amp, then that ought to come under FCC Part 15B for unintentional radiators of EMI/RFI.

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I wouldn't worry about it. I am sure AV123 has taken all proper precautions.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Don't forget now,

MLS will next be in court on the present charges on June 29th. Now, will AV451 be able to introduce any new products before that date?

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
MLS will next be in court on the present charges on June 29th. Now, will AV451 be able to introduce any new products before that date?
It depends on what you consider a "new product". My guess is, yes, they will introduce new products - though, they will not be finished products. They will appear as "mules" and strictly in MDF materials so they can take all kinds of pretty shots in order to win back more customers and create more attention, hype and traffic for their forums and Web site.

M

Mac11700

Junior Audioholic
I hadn't been following the MFW15 v3 amp discussions much lately, but I saw this post and thought this comment near the end was odd:

This is one homely looking amp (moreso with the confusion of a separate control panel still present but now inactive, with no manual to explain the duplication), but are they saying they are shipping a power amp that hasn't been approved by the proper authorities? That'd be a pretty unsettling assertion.
What I wonder is why anyone who has had to replace several amps would even accept another amp that doesn't meet the spec's of what was originally purchased ? With all of the problems they have had with ALL of their subs by what ever vendor they used,why hasn't there been a class action lawsuit against them for putting out a faulty products ? Controls that don't work,less power,not inspected and tested by outside sources? What a frigging joke they have become. I have seen all of these post by folks that have stuck with them through 4-5-6 and more faulty amps and still go back for more. Crap..enough is enough. This reminds me of the same thing Sony did with their SXRD SBR-1 RPTV a few years ago,at least they made them recoup some of the cost to the consumer and they got to keep the TV's unless they traded them in on the XBR-2 and there wasn't any shipping charges involved,they came and picked up the old set. I know,I had one and got a brand new one with a 5 year extended warranty out of it.

Mac

B

bunnyma357

Audioholic Intern
I think many are expecting them to fold any moment, so getting a subpar amp that works, rather than getting stuck with promises, seems like a good result.

I went through it with 3 ULW's and just wanted to be done with having to deal with them.

JimC

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
To those of you who are owed monies

please take note of what's written below. This was sent to me by someone who is owed considerable amounts of monies. Not only is he taking legal action, meaning that he's enlisted an attorney, but he has also gone to the Colorado website that has to do with Consumer Complaints to contact them. He is taking a multi-pronged approach to recover his monies.

Please join him by lending your voice and together you'll find that there is strength in numbers. Inactivity is a poor approach. You need to do what you can to recover what's owed you. MLS found you because of your online presence and in doing so, also created avenues that you can take which may result in recovery. It also created additional ways that he can be punished by the the government.

BRU Responses <ColoConsumerComplaints@state.co.us>
toColorado State Attorney General <webmaster@ago.state.co.us>,
xxxxx@xxxxxl.com
dateTue, Jun 1, 2010 at 8:35 AM
subjectRe: AV123.com
hide details 8:35 AM (1 hour ago)

Dear Mr. xxxx:

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We are in receipt of your consumer complaint. In addition to documenting your issues to our files, we will also share your information with the Better Business Bureau. This will assist us to document trends, and the BBB may be able to mediate your issues as well. If your complaint is under the authority of another agency, we will forward your complaint for further processing.

If your complaint raises issues that are part of widespread deceptive practices that rise to the level of a statewide concern for Colorado consumers, our office will initiate an investigation. If your complaint does not fall under the direct supervisory authority of any federal or state agency or it involves a private contractual dispute, you may wish to pursue private remedies.

Also, it appears this transaction may have been conducted on line. If this is the case, please file a complaint with our Internet Crime Center at: www.ic3.gov.

Sincerely,
Office of Consumer Fraud
No one person can take him and them down by themselves. Join the fight and do what you can to help yourselves and by doing so, you'll be helping others.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Someone PM'd me shortly after my post above. They are owed considerably less than the individual whose reply I posted. Their response was that the amount was insufficient for the Colorado agencies to take action. I find that sort of response unacceptable. This is what I suggested he do and if you also received a tepid response, consider my suggestion.

Email them once again indicating your profound displeasure at their stated indifference. Let them know that MLS has been indicted and let them know about this thread here. Ask them how much money must a person lose and be taken advantage of before the laws that are in place act to right the wrong? While you do that, make sure you CC (not BCC - blind carbon copy) Colorado's US senators, their state senators, the governor, the CO secretary of state, the person prosecuting the raffle matter, newspapers (Times Call among others), TV stations especially those that do investigative reporting, and so forth. Shame them into action and put pressure. Don't take this lying down and don't take NO for an answer. Justice shouldn't have a price tag associated with it before someone gets up off their duff.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Unless he finds a way,

at 10:00 A.M. on Wednesday, 06/09/2010, at 1790 38th Street, suite 100, Boulder, CO 80301 Casa Humbly Bumbly will be auctioned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis