DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Absolutely! He must have also bought a GC for $.03. ;)
I'm sure one could have easily added on a few veneer "samples" for some of those yet-to-be released products for a few bucks, taking them up over the $500 range. :p

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I'm sure one could have easily added on a few veneer "samples" for some of those yet-to-be released products for a few bucks, taking them up over the $500 range. :p
It was probably all a ploy to get you to add $0.03 to Mark's legal fund.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
It was probably all a ploy to get you to add $0.03 to Mark's legal fund.
Have they started a 501(c)(3) yet so people can donate their unused VA321 GC credit to the legal defense fund? :p

Yes, I realize the money received for yet unused VA321 credit has been long since spent.

Last edited by a moderator:
wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
Yes, but if the last few years have taught us anything, it is that you can take something that is worthless, bundle it with something else that is worthless, then sell it again. So, just like bad loans, you can bundle all that unused AV123 credit, and just sell it again. And just like that . . . they're BACK, BABY!

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Today is the 1 month anniversary of the original shipping date for the LS-4's. The Rocket G2's should be any day now.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
at 10:00 A.M. on Wednesday, 06/09/2010, at 1790 38th Street, suite 100, Boulder, CO 80301 Casa Humbly Bumbly will be auctioned off.
The countdown begins ... 3 More Days !!

Bid early and bid frequently. :D :D

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Today is the 1 month anniversary of the original shipping date for the LS-4's. The Rocket G2's should be any day now.
I hate to break the bad news to you, but if you were to take a Rip Van Winkle style nap for the next 5 years, you'd probably wake up and G2s would still not be finished. Sorry to burst your bubble. :D ;)

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I hate to break the bad news to you, but if you were to take a Rip Van Winkle style nap for the next 5 years, you'd probably wake up and G2s would still not be finished. Sorry to burst your bubble. :D ;)
Sleep for 5 years?!? But then I would miss the imminent release of the Sub-stantial and Volta. :p

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I'd forgotten about the LS-4's. My "Introducing LS-4!" email arrived on April 13, which will be two months ago this Sunday. The first deliveries were set to begin "in just a few weeks time" when that email went out. Maybe the CNY (Colorado New Year) slowed them down - it certainly couldn't have been a lie from AV123 to build up hype.

Next you're going to tell us that the Reference 200, Strata Max, Strata On-Wall, X-Sub Encore, X-Hub pre-amp, and Sputnik computer speakers won't be available by 2015, either...

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
I'd forgotten about the LS-4's. My "Introducing LS-4!" email arrived on April 13, which will be two months ago this Sunday. The first deliveries were set to begin "in just a few weeks time" when that email went out. Maybe the CNY (Colorado New Year) slowed them down - it certainly couldn't have been a lie from AV123 to build up hype.

Next you're going to tell us that the Reference 200, Strata Max, Strata On-Wall, X-Sub Encore, X-Hub pre-amp, and Sputnik computer speakers won't be available by 2015, either...
It's possible that no one ordered a ls4 and they met their delivery date.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
That, and if they actually had LS-4's in stock they'd have some sort of special running to promote them (along with the assortment of pictures and the inevitable apologies for poor photography skills).

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
That, and if they actually had LS-4's in stock they'd have some sort of special running to promote them (along with the assortment of pictures and the inevitable apologies for poor photography skills).
His photography skills didn't seem too bad when he shot Ms. Khabarovski though. Ahhh, the good old days with all those trips to get back to his Russian/Jewish roots, drinking vodka, going to hockey games, and tooling around in the Lexus.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
So, I spoke with the Boulder Country Public Trustee's Office

and they're the ones that administer matters pertaining to foreclosures. They informed me that the matter of the sale of Casa Humbly Bumbly has been continued to July 21, 2010. They were not able to provide information as to why it was continued, just that it was. Searching around the Public Trustee's site, he's got two Notices of Election and Demands - one for the second and one for the first mortgage. While he has applied for a 'Cure' for the second mortgage, there is no record of him having done so for the first one. So, it looks like he can still call home, home for a while.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
and they're the ones that administer matters pertaining to foreclosures. They informed me that the matter of the sale of Casa Humbly Bumbly has been continued to July 21, 2010. They were not able to provide information as to why it was continued, just that it was. Searching around the Public Trustee's site, he's got two Notices of Election and Demands - one for the second and one for the first mortgage. While he has applied for a 'Cure' for the second mortgage, there is no record of him having done so for the first one. So, it looks like he can still call home, home for a while.
Damn. That guy gets more "continuations" than anyone I know. What happened to swift and quick justice? :(

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
Damn. That guy gets more "continuations" than anyone I know. What happened to swift and quick justice? :(

If i'm reading this right he this has to be done within 6 months of the original date auction date. So on the chance he's granted another one, there is a limit to how many times this can be done.

SECTION 5. 38-38-109 (1), (2), and (3) (a), Colorado Revised Statutes, are amended to read:

38-38-109. Continuance of sale. (1) Whenever property is advertised to be sold by a public trustee or under any statutory or judicial foreclosure or upon execution and levy made pursuant to any court order or decree, the public trustee or sheriff conducting the sale, for any reason deemed by said official for good cause or upon written request by the person, or his or her attorney, on whose behalf the sale is being conducted, at any time before commencement of the sale, may continue it to a later date by making, at the time and place designated for the sale, an oral announcement of the time and place of such continuance, or by posting or providing a notice of the continuance at the time and place designated for the sale, which shall include the time and place of the continuance. In a similar manner, the sale may be further continued from time to time, but no sale held pursuant to any such advertisement shall be held later than six months from the date originally designated in the notice of sale, except as provided in subsection (5) of this section and in section 38-38-104 (2).

T

Tesla43

Audiophyte
I have some questions that I hope someone can answer. I was planning to buy a speaker kit from GR Research but after reading this thread and finding out Danny is still working with MLS, I am having second thoughts.

Can Danny and his company be trusted?

I have searched for information and it is overwhelmly positive but the same can be said about MLS until the last year or so. I see the Ninja has posted here but his business relationship has ended while Danny Ritchie's has not.

Can someone enlighten me as to what is the deal with Mr. Ritchie? Can he and his products be trusted or he just another MLS that has yet to be revealed?

I only ask these questions because of his past and, more importantly, his continued relationship wtih MLS. As I said, all my research has resulted in overwhelmingly good comments about him, his products and his company. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to avoid a burn like I got on the UFW-12.

Thanks

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
In my experience Danny is a stand up guy with good products. I'm not so sure there's a big or significant relationship between Danny and VA321. I think Danny is owed a lot of money so he has been hesitant to bite the hand that is supposed to feed him nor does he want to publicly burn his bridge to VA321 or he'll probably have even less chance of getting paid (though I think that has asymptotically been approaching 0 for a while now).

If you have serious questions, I'd ask Danny. He'll probably tell you what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis